Everything posted by AndresVanDeKamp
-
Troye Sivan - "She's the Best"
This would eat as the opening track to a concept album. That vocal performance MUST be a character.
-
Charli xcx - 'Music, Fashion, Film'
No One Lasts Forever...whew, Charlotte...
-
Charli xcx - 'Music, Fashion, Film'
It's no how i'm feeling now and I fear she's never topping it. Happy that this project isn't brat 2.0 which would have been the easiest thing to do. What's a Charli xcx album release without a little polarization? I remember when pop2 came out and people would do nothing but call it pots and pans music. Her growth is immense and I'm proud of her for making the album she obviously wanted to make. The pressure to follow up brat seems to have gotten to her a bit (some of this era feels very performative, like "look how ironic I can be about fame") so I think the despite the honesty and vulnerability seemingly shared on this record it ends up falling a bit flat. Also, she already made The Moment - this might as well have been The Moment: The Album. Looking forward to what's next and I hope we move on quick! All that said, I really enjoyed my first listen and once I tack on all of the b-sides I can see this being in the top half of her discography. Certainly stronger than Charli and Sucker.
-
Lily Allen recording West End Girl remix album
This is a fun idea! I hope the tracks are completely reworked and not just someone hopping on the instrumental with their own voice. I want new lyrics, chorus can remain the same. Similar to Charli's brat remix album. Only book divas who've been cheated on please!
-
Charli xcx - "Wink Wink"
She's really taking that will.i.am advice a bit too seriously these days, isn't she? Great chorus but these verses are a mess.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - "On Wires"
Kind of an overproduced mess but I like most of the ideas.
-
La Roux - "Babyline"
New single from La Roux out tonight, June 26th! New album 'Old Flames' out November 6th. SONG OF THE YEAR for me so far, she nailed this one!!! A bit different from the live version she premiered earlier, but I love it.
-
ionnalee - 'ionnalee's MOUTH OF A RIVER, pt. 1-3'
I liked part 2. I feel like she's been pretty consistent post-BLUE. It's just consistently boring. I'll listen a few times but never have an urge to revisit like I do with her masterwork, kin.
- After Jill Scott and Madonna's Triumphant Returns .. Who Else Are We Waiting On?
- After Jill Scott and Madonna's Triumphant Returns .. Who Else Are We Waiting On?
-
La Roux - 'Old Flames'
BabyLine is the next single, thank god! Out Friday.
-
Jessie Ware's June mass leak
Most of the WYP? outtakes being excellent...oh, there's this album of the century...
-
Ariana Grande: The Eternal Sunshine Tour
SECURED TICKETS for JULY 31ST in MONTREAL! Let me RESELLING <3
- Aldous Harding - 'Train on the Island'
-
Lykke Li - 'The Afterparty'
EYEYE her magnum opus, it was going to be difficult to follow no matter what!
-
Charli xcx - "Rock Music"
people have been saying this since 2016. It spawned an entire genre.
-
Charli xcx - "Rock Music"
you know this girl's fan favourite song is about a taxi?
-
Charli xcx - "Rock Music"
She's having fun. It actually doesn't have to be serious or have a point. I think that's the point... Did you see The Moment?
-
Charli xcx - "Rock Music"
This is awesome and truly a best case scenario post-brat. Another fantastic day to be an angel since Day 1. This is the Charli I love. What privilege!
-
La Roux - 'Old Flames'
Babyline...I need it so bad...
-
Lykke Li - 'The Afterparty'
GREAT return to form for anyone who wasn't feeling SSSS and EYEYE (though I can't imagine why...her best albums...) Wish there were a few extra tracks but she always leaves us yearning for more.
-
Madonna - 'CONFESSIONS II'
Surely nothing could be worse than Rebel Heart.
- What other Madonna album deserves a sequel?
-
Charli xcx is coming, just changed her alt "360.brat" to "b.sides"
Come to My Party Make U Mine WGFU these are some of the BEST tracks in her discography we need them
-
Charli xcx is coming, just changed her alt "360.brat" to "b.sides"
Come To My Party final with a crazy video full of celeb cameos please I'm begging...