Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Yujin is just not a strong singer. She’s cursed everyone in IVE is so bad that she’s appointed 2nd lead. She’ll be expected to pull off these difficult songs. Liz also sounded bad but you can tell there’s potential in her voice if she had proper training

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

Imagine if aespa new song is called something like “sweet”, "tasty" or something like that? I’m just putting this here so I can quote it after the concert

Edited by katyberry

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

I was looking forward to this and… :skull: I hope they try it again in the future and do a better job.

taeyeon-tiffany.gif

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

king usually doesn’t show skin that much but when he does :jonny5:

The first clip did something to me :gaycat6: he’s beautiful

 

imagine trying to erase someone's ethnicity to prove your wrong point...mental :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Rainy Devil said:

Ummm sorry but this was such a bad cover. :deadbanana:

Lets cleanse our ears:

 

 

I mean no one has the agility in their voice as Taeyeon does, Kyungsoo being the king of agility in males. And so Yujin is a capable singer but we can’t expect her to be on the level of Taeyeon tbh. Both Yujin and Liz have immense vocal potential, especially Liz, they just need SM level vocal training on the regular to really nurture that. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

9 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

Kakao said Wonyoung’s mic will be turned fully ON at tonight’s first concert :alexz2:

 

Image

8 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Wtf are these new IVE songs? What happened to their signature sound?

Blue Blood gives Eleven vibes though?

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

I was looking forward to this and… :skull: I hope they try it again in the future and do a better job.

that was a BRAVE choice, I’ll give her that much :chick3:

2 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Blue Blood gives Eleven vibes though?

The other two are giving nugu music

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

Rosé's b-day message on weverse

I wonder what the elusive chanteuse has in store for us :duca:

 

 

 

She is going to host the Babymonster debut showcase :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Yujin is just not a strong singer. She’s cursed everyone in IVE is so bad that she’s appointed 2nd lead. She’ll be expected to pull off these difficult songs. Liz also sounded bad but you can tell there’s potential in her voice if she had proper training

Real existential doom sounding, kind of dramatic don't you think?

2 hours ago, Zack said:

Jessica new album coming soon :duca:

She hasn't spoken about it officially until now, so it must be almost finished

 

Recommend me some songs and performances from her if you can, been reading into her story and I found a bit unfair, i'm rooting for her in her future activities

3 hours ago, Zack said:

Jessica new album coming soon :duca:

She hasn't spoken about it officially until now, so it must be almost finished

 

I wonder if her new jet black hair is for the comeback, I don't remember her ever having hair that dark so would be fun to see her with something completely new for her album.

 

  

5 minutes ago, Spears_Stan said:

Recommend me some songs and performances from her if you can, been reading into her story and I found a bit unfair, i'm rooting for her in her future activities

This is lowkey one of the best solo SNSD songs imo

 

 

Edited by mathekr

1 hour ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Real existential doom sounding, kind of dramatic don't you think?

I meant "she's cursed since everyone" not that she cursed everyone :skull: 

56 minutes ago, Spears_Stan said:

Recommend me some songs and performances from her if you can, been reading into her story and I found a bit unfair, i'm rooting for her in her future activities

Unfortunately she doesn't have that many performances, due to SM blocking her.

 

She has 3 mini albums (With Love, J, Wonderland and My Decade)...songs I recommend include Love Me The Same ( @mathekr recommended too), Wonderland, Celebrate, Beautiful Mind, World of Dreams, Big Mini World and Dear Diary. It's a mix of light pop and R&B so depends on your tastes, but definitely check out her mini albums. Oh...and Call Me Before You Sleep (she did a Korean ver. and Japanese ver.)

 

She also did a great cover of How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris on her tour a while back, her voice definitely suits that kind of vibe imo

 

53 minutes ago, mathekr said:

I wonder if her new jet black hair is for the comeback, I don't remember her ever having hair that dark so would be fun to see her with something completely new for her album.

I hope so, she's been recording for a long time, so I'm hoping something is finally ready to come out. I hope she can release it in Korea too but we'll see. Her China bars have been raising high amounts since the beginning of the year to prepare, hope she does a release that counts in Korea too.

 

I also think her contract with Coridel is finishing at the end of the month too...interestingly. It will be 7 years since she signed the contract. I lowkey hope she doesn't renew and has found a better company though :gaycat6:

Edited by Zack

43 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I meant "she's cursed since everyone" not that she cursed everyone :skull: 

That makes more sense.  Also she's not that bad, just needs a couple more lessons. 

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Jessica sounds like Janet Jackson low key 

??? Let me adjust my glasses and read that again.

13 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Jessica sounds like Janet Jackson low key 

:hoetenks:

jessica's how deep is your love cover sounds great :jonnycat:

how iconic would it be if she did a collab with some big DJ and get a worldwide smash

I'm sure she has some connections

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Then let my repeat myself again:

JESSICA IS JANET'S DAUGHTER!!! 

 

They both have this very sweet tone when singing, like am I the only one who hears it? :deadbanana2:

Hun, I'm not being mean when I say this but I legitimately think you should get your hearing checked. They sounds nothing alike outside of being women with light voices. Which is something a lot of women have.

Starship really went from having SINGERS like Yeonjung & Hyolyn to having no particularly outstanding vocalists in IVE :penguin:

Edited by Billionaire

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.