Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Rainy Devil said:

Scientist

 

I need to some to tell me why out of all the RV songs they decided to take inspiration from Umpah Umpah.

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

UmPAK UmPAK has an actual HOOK and melody, let’s not

 

maybe inspiration from its chart run though

 

spacer.png

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, gigantopithecus said:

What about disowning the true enemies, Set Me Free and Scientist?

 

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

what we're NOT gonna do is say Scientist is bad....

top 5 Twice song for me

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

God-tier: Psycho, Feel My Rhythm

Top-tier: Bad Boy, Russian Roulette, Red Flavor, Dumb Dumb, Chill Kill, OOTN

Mid-tier: Ice Cream Cake, RBB, Queendom

Lower-tier: Power Up, Rookie, Happiness, Umpah

Trash-tier: Zimzalabim, Birthday

 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Scientist

 

I need to some to tell me why out of all the RV songs they decided to take inspiration from Umpah Umpah.

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

Took inspiration from all the worst parts too without including a catchy bit to make it a little memorable

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

 

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Scientist bland but at least the equation album was great

 

SMF bland and the RTB mini was too I fear

 

i still have faith in them though because Jihyolo was great and so was MiMoSa

 

spacer.png

Oh yes I love that equation album. Misamo was such a serve too that they wiped most of our minds of the SMF/RTB combo

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

4 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Scientist

 

I need someone to tell me why out of all the RV songs they decided to take inspiration from Umpah Umpah.

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

no wonder it's a hit

both are excellent and some of their best releases

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

3 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

what we're NOT gonna do is say Scientist is bad....

top 5 Twice song for me

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

I am sad to say but we seem to be disagreeing a lot today, Ms Toxic. I still recognize your otherwise immaculate taste though

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

Top 3 title tracks and it ain't #3 nor #2

 

 

I love Dumb Dumb, a cute quirky song, great vocals, a fun mv, but #1 title track is quite a take

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

1 minute ago, gigantopithecus said:

but #1 title track is quite a take

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

Says the person who doesn't like Scientist

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

 

 

The lights are shining on me

And it's like a diamond

I'm spinning around, rockin' around

Like a diamond

That's because I'm filled with emotions ~

 

A Christmas Diamond Classique :smitten:

 

 

A quick reminder that they owned Christmas before certain SM acts did :ihype:

Just now, Flomik said:

Says the person who doesn't like Scientist

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

... It's better than SMF but that is ALL I will give Scientist

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

 

now HOW could you hate this song... it's fun and cute!

momo's bridge :jonny5:

11 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Pluto. If you like Set Me Free and Scientist, it's time for you take back the dislikes you gave @youresotoxic for Birthday praise

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

I think I have mentioned before that Momoriah's bridge in Scientist is literally peak music 

 

1 minute ago, youresotoxic said:

 

now HOW could you hate this song... it's fun and cute!

momo's bridge :jonny5:

Finally we agrih on something :ryan3:

3wd4dbhuios51.jpg

 

Now lets talk about Eyes Wide Open

  • The title of the album. Eyes Wide Open. Already a moment
  • The styling was amazing, mature, beautiful, gorgeous. Love it
  • ICSM an icon and retro done right in kpop
  • Momo slayed too hard with the bob
  • The tracks were amazing and the production top-tier
  • Dare I say one of the greatest kpop albums ever?

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Says the person who doesn't like Scientist

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

Liking Scientist is not a flex. 

Is one of those songs that invalidate opinions and raises a red flag for lack of taste. 

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

Just now, Rainy Devil said:

Liking Scientist is the best flex. 

Is one of those songs that validate opinions and shows the exquisite taste. 

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

Fixed it

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

We need Egoist (Hyeju's Version) :jonny:

 

If Hyorin, Jihyo and her collabed in a intergenerational latin bop :jonny3:

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Finally we agrih on something :ryan3:

as we should :clap3:

scientist is excellent (like Birthday) and we'll always appreciate momo's vocal slayage

 

stephm.png

Just now, youresotoxic said:

as we should :clap3:

scientist is excellent (like Birthday) and we'll always appreciate momo's vocal slayage

 

stephm.png

Let me pretend that I didn't see the little B*rthday sneak :ryan3:

 

I'd post the whole album but it's a 13-track masterpiece so I can't do that but this was a quality-only event and iconic for a reason

 

CLFIKKN.thumb.gif.59761413eb901cf5f969e8

12 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

 

 

The lights are shining on me

And it's like a diamond

I'm spinning around, rockin' around

Like a diamond

That's because I'm filled with emotions ~

 

A Christmas Diamond Classique :smitten:

And Sica today...

 

 

Formula of Love was the Future Nostalgia of Kpop, too bad they released It with the most generic, boring and unispired song ever as the TT

 

 

They deserves to sing an All I want for Christmas, not this quick Tiktoktified version. 

 

O Holy Night with them vocals too. I missed the girls doing belts, even their screenching 

 

 

 

:jonny2:

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.