Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

39 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Where are TWICE btw??? I miss them and thought we were getting a 2nd comeback this year? @Witnessed ET

Man lets just give them a break they have been working non-stop. I think they need to slow down and craft a good song and a concept. Their latest efforts wasnt really up to their standarts. :chick3:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

18 minutes ago, applestar said:

Blame red velvet's main vocal for falling off a stage causing a year and a half hiatus before ink could be put on paper

 

 

so like, what’s wrong with you 

Just now, Jenlisa said:

so like, what’s wrong with you 

Not my fault you can't read

51 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I just pointed out a toxic habit I see with Engenes in general, not just you

LK.thumb.gif.41c69676d2f7ca0231deecf3372

Cool,cool.

 

So when do we get to point out toxic Stay behavior 🤔 

 

 

I just want to know what the schedule is to be ready and all.

3 minutes ago, applestar said:

Grown in popularity but those sales haven't compared to Twice and BP.... even rookie gg's are outdoing them

SM has been underprinting Red Velvet albums for YEARS. Preorders sold out in the first hour for certain versions of Birthday and it wasn't restocked until long after the hype died.

 

1 minute ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

So when do we get to point out toxic Stay behavior 🤔 

That's every day in here, join the club :gaycat1:

2 minutes ago, applestar said:

Not my fault you can't read

I read everything and caught up with the thread so yeah I still think you’re unhinged but okay 

 

6 minutes ago, Adama said:

Please nooo :ace:

 

 

 

yeah I saw everyone tweeting that it sounds like they renewed with YG

Just now, Sheep said:

SM has been underprinting Red Velvet albums for YEARS. Preorders sold out in the first hour for certain versions of Birthday and it wasn't restocked until long after the hype died.

 

Red Velvet sales have been underwhelming for YEARS. Underprints happen because SM, like any company, makes estimates for how something will sell based on previous comebacks

 

Since the previous comebacks were underwhelming, SM printed less of these. They're not going to print NCT Dream levels of copies for them, because RV doesn't even sell a million copies for an album most of them time (more like less than half of a million copies)

 

If you own a business and have to allocate resources for your group, you're going to allocate resources for people who can sell (not RV)

2 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

I read everything and caught up with the thread so yeah I still think you’re unhinged but okay 

 

yeah I saw everyone tweeting that it sounds like they renewed with YG

Read again

6 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:biblio:

5 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

I read everything and caught up with the thread so yeah I still think you’re unhinged but okay 

 

yeah I saw everyone tweeting that it sounds like they renewed with YG

I’m surprised that YGE decided to not renew with interscope but on top of that left UMG for a SONY label… I really don’t want Disney music for their next us songs 

Edited by Adama

3 minutes ago, applestar said:

Read again

no I’m good

 

1 minute ago, Adama said:

I’m surprised that YGE decided to not renew with interscope but on top of that left UMG for a SONY label… I really don’t want Disney music for their next us songs 

Isn’t Columbia also Beyoncé? She uses parkwood but it’s still distributed with Columbia apparently 

7 minutes ago, applestar said:

Red Velvet sales have been underwhelming for YEARS. Underprints happen because SM, like any company, makes estimates for how something will sell based on previous comebacks

 

Since the previous comebacks were underwhelming, SM printed less of these. They're not going to print NCT Dream levels of copies for them, because RV doesn't even sell a million copies for an album most of them time (more like less than half of a million copies)

 

If you own a business and have to allocate resources for your group, you're going to allocate resources for people who can sell (not RV)

Previous comebacks for Red Velvet were underprinted which lead to skewed historical data. Albums shouldn't be selling out in the preorder period at ALL(that's the entire point of PRE-ORDERS), let alone an hour into links going live, but SM has been kneecapping Red Velvet for years at this point.

Edited by Sheep

2 hours ago, applestar said:

Yall keep comparing them to groups with literally dead members (KARA)

 

1 hour ago, applestar said:

and Wendy broke her bones

 

34 minutes ago, applestar said:

Blame red velvet's main vocal for falling off a stage causing a year and a half hiatus before ink could be put on paper

 

31 minutes ago, applestar said:

I can't imagine being a Reveluv and forgetting your girl broke her hip :deadbanana:

I'm not sure if you're attempting to come across as edgy or something, but there are moments when your comments miss the mark. Some of the subjects you touch on involve individuals who have either lost their lives or come very close to doing so. In those situations, displaying a complete lack of empathy and jokingly saying something like "Wendy broke her hip and bones" when she could have lost her life or by referring to KARA as a group with "dead members" isn't amusing, edgy, or reflective of the image you may be trying to project.

 

Edited by Pluto2022

Whether you like Red Velvet or not they have 4.6b circle points. They might not be a top 5 all time group success-wise but they're an enormous force and their singles consistently outperform "bigger" acts like EXO.

Damn even Pluto who would defend child exploitation apologists in this thread whenever they were beefing with users he doesn't like doesn't **** with you. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Sheep

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Previous comebacks for Red Velvet were underprinted which lead to skewed historical data. Albums shouldn't be selling out in the preorder period at ALL(that's the entire point of PRE-ORDERS), let alone an hour into links going live, but SM has been kneecapping Red Velvet for years at this point.

This is some "we never landed on the moon" stuff LMAO

 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

 

 

I'm not sure if you're attempting to come across as edgy or something, but there are moments when your comments miss the mark. Some of the subjects you touch on involve individuals who have either lost their lives or come very close to doing so. In those situations, displaying a complete lack of empathy and saying something like "Wendy broke a hip" when she could have lost her life or by referring to KARA as a group with "dead members" isn't amusing, edgy, or reflective of the image you may be trying to project.

I've already addressed this:

 

"You didn't even know Hara or her group within the past few years, stop clutching your pearls, such narcissistic behavior

 

And it was other people bringing up how unsuccessful 2nd generation girl groups are compared to SNSD. Well duh, some groups literally suffered tragedy and its stupid to compare them. I didn't bring that up.

 

People who can't read and LARP as old kpop stans is narcissistic "trogolodyte" behavior. If you say SNSD stands on the heads of other 2nd gen girl groups, YES, you are bringing ALL 2nd gen girl groups, INCLUDING KARA and f(x) and even Ladies Code depending on who you ask"

 

"You're antagonizing a company for not letting their group have a US distribution, because you allegedly believe they've sabotaged their own group

 

There are multiple reasons, RV doesn't sell, and their main vocal got injured

 

You, as a "Reveluv" don't even remember what happened to one of your stan group members. It's not a kii someone got injured, it's just bewildering how you don't even remember that happening and made a conspiracy theory about SM wanting to make less money

 

It's bewildering, look that word up"

As someone who is fully qualified as annoying, I hereby declare y’all exceptionally annoying re: these topics

 

its just kpop, ladies.

 

someone post some pics of some oppas so we can decompress 

 

spacer.png

I'm puzzled as to why the user who goes by the name "Sheep" consistently attempts to depict me as someone crazy and erratic, even resorting to remarks like "Even Pluto doesn't like you." I've consistently maintained a more rational and adept critical thinking approach than he'll ever possess

LK.thumb.gif.41c69676d2f7ca0231deecf3372

The literal child wants me to be more disliked on this website than him SO bad

yHwXQ80.png

Edited by Sheep

15 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

no I’m good

 

Isn’t Columbia also Beyoncé? She uses parkwood but it’s still distributed with Columbia apparently 

Yeah and Harry styles and Adele. But it’s surprising. Leaving UMG (the biggest music distributor) was an unexpected move imo 

 

4 minutes ago, thirdward said:

let’s move

Are we sure it’s the best move :biblio:? 

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

The literal child who defends child exploitation apologists wants me to be more disliked on this website than him SO bad

yHwXQ80.png

??? Mel hasn’t posted here in over a month

 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

??? Mel hasn’t posted here in over a month

 

spacer.png

Once Pluto got on their obsession with me he was italic's biggest defender. It was kinda funny watching Mel completely reject it and go after him too.

tumblr_n988neI4951s2yegdo1_400.gif

Edited by Sheep

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

The literal child wants me to be more disliked on this website than him SO bad

yHwXQ80.png

Wow, I have a sibling lost on the forum

 

spacer.png

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.