K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

They definitely need to go to Brazil tho. The Brazilian Blinks are and have been so loyal. They deserve some shows

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/30/2023 at 12:05 PM, cloudbusting said:

the same thing happens with western pop and it’s embarrassing all the same like, it’s nice when your faves are successful but ultimately you’re not listening to the chart positions

and as a yukika stan im an expert in supporting flops

spacer.png

this has grown on me so much tbh, oomf played this a lot while I was visiting him and his husband last month and i hear the vision now :clap3:

My Neon Bunny stanning is too much considering she gets like… 50k streams total

These new Gen Stans would never. You need like millions spent on debut just to catch their eyes. We’ll never get something like Orange Caramel again at this rate 

spacer.png

Can’t believe she dropped this almost two years ago. The Korean gays haven’t been the same since 

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Oh wow not king breaking the app :dies:

Also that’s a lot of episodes :bloo: can’t wait to listen 

spacer.png

Expected nothing less from the Seventeen Gen 3 It Boy :smitten2:

41 minutes ago, lovecatt said:

:jonny5:

Oh wow, HYBE really said we’re making sure both our girl groups are and STAY global. LSFM’s next comeback is going to be massive, they have so much forward momentum going for them :clap3:

6 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

:fan:

I want to go but the prices are very expensive If I want to see them sort of close.

That place is huge, the cheapest seats are like miles away from the stage :redface:

2 hours ago, Zack said:

That's not strictly true. China was already actively involved in the K-Pop market until about late 2016 when THAAD happened, so those releases wouldn't have been affected much by that.

We can agree on this. I can't forget certain fandoms trying to clown her for joining a show in China, but it has been the smartest decision for her idol career and her business/fashion career. Most luxury brands want a slice of China AND Korea, which is probably why Jessica has been endorsing so many recently, plus her fanbase is very supportive of what she does.

She never wanted to give up her idol career, so I'm glad she's got another way to keep doing what she loves.

Your only defence being "uR sooo dUmb" :rip:

As has already been explained to you, Mr. Mr. (the song) spent more weeks in the top 10 and the mini album sold more than Lion Heart (a full album). It is what it is, no amount of "Jawssiccaa" ranting is going to change it. :michael:

China was definitely on the rise thanks to SM and their obsession with the country and YG’s surprisingly organic success, but even the top male acts weren’t selling 1M. Lion Heart was the 13th biggest album of 2015 and was only 333k away from the yearly #1 despite only two versions. Birthday was the 23rd biggest album of 2022 and was 2.6M away from the #1 spot despite having 17 versions.

I love Red Velvet and their growth is super organic and will continue rising as SM establishes them in China and Wendy’s popularity continues to grow, but their trajectory is not better than Girls’ Generation’s. 

To the last part, it just kills me that SM wouldn’t ask Jessica to come back for one comeback. It’s pretty obvious that the company ****** up and at this point, all of the girls have shown that they’re dedicated to their careers and they want to work. We would have been looking at an even bigger digital hit, well over 500k physicals and massive cross-promotions for all acts with Jessica regaining Korean exposure and SNSD being pushed to a bigger Chinese audience than ever before.

43 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Lion Heart (the song) outsold Mr. Mr., without Jessica, in their 8th year. Holiday Night also outsold the Mr. Mr. mini, without Jessica, in their 10th year.

Forever 1 is their most successful song and album since I Got a Boy, without Jessica, in their 15th year. 

The numbers don’t lie. Jaw was erased from SNSD’s history and she wasn’t missed.

You’re just as delusional as Zack, but just on the other side. SNSD was only as big as they were because of the members they had and they took a huge hit when they lost Jessica. Not only did SM’s shitty ass management fracture the fanbase, but then they weaponized the more gullible members against Jessica just because they were mad they weren’t able to skim royalties off her brand.

Like I’ll never understand why you girls fell for that ****. It’s hurting the 8 members that got to stay in SNSD, too. You’ll never see Seohyun with a fashion line or YoonA with a make-up line or Taeyeon with a perfume line because SM wants to limit their artists’ potential so they can’t thrive without the company. They screwed over all nine members of SNSD (and every other idol they have) when they pulled that snake **** on Jessica.

LSR is coming for another SOTY :penguin: IVE fight back. 

it’s crazy how that user was sh*tting on everyone for stanning minors and look at them stanning a group of nothing but minors now just because it’s YG. :penguin:

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

Expected nothing less from the Seventeen Gen 3 It Boy :smitten2:

Oh wow, HYBE really said we’re making sure both our girl groups are and STAY global. LSFM’s next comeback is going to be massive, they have so much forward momentum going for them :clap3:

The way he’s Korean male excellence in every aspect :clap3:

50 minutes ago, Mel. said:

BABYMONSTER coming to end this discourse.

It’s funny how everyone forgets how crazy talented Nmixx are just because they flopped. Kpop fans being the fake ass ******* that they are, what’s new. 

16 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

The list is getting longer :gaycat6:

58 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

LSR is coming for another SOTY :penguin: IVE fight back. 

Honestly I was hooked into IVE during Love Dive and thought they would never let me go but the way LSRFM came and snatched me with ANTIFRAGILE (both song and mini) :jonny:

IVE better release a whole ass album next I swear, enough with these single albums. I need more material.  

2 hours ago, lovecatt said:

:jonny5:

I love Nile Rodgers & Chic :jonny4: I just know Hitman Bang will ruin it with his bad vocal effects per usual :dies:

39 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

17 is such a weird case to me. I have yet to meet a single fan and twitter doesnt care about them, yet theyre racking up these crazy sales. Must be another case of Chinese mass-buying

Edited by TanjiroKamado

20 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

17 is such a weird case to me. I have yet to meet a single fan and twitter doesnt care about them, yet theyre racking up these crazy sales. Must be another case of Chinese mass-buying

….

i don’t even know where to begin or to even waste my energy explaining, but that’s what a non-loud and non-toxic fandom makes you feel. Y’all need to stop resorting to this “must be Chinese mass buying” “must be fraud” conclusions just because you don’t get it. They’ve been steadily growing for years now, they’re not some new 4th gen group that might make you question their sales.
also, Twitter usually shows trends and topics that you interact with. So maybe you don’t see much of them, but my feed is filled with seventeen and at least 3 members are always trending on my timeline with thousands of tweets. So there are definitely a LOT of people who follow them and their content. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

18 minutes ago, PerfectSacrifice said:

the quotes and replys to this twt:dies:lmao

I didn't knew Chainsmokers look like that , the guy on the left I ...:WAP:

12 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

….

i don’t even know where to begin or to even waste my energy explaining, but that’s what a non-loud and non-toxic fandom makes you feel. Y’all need to stop resorting to this “must be Chinese mass buying” “must be fraud” conclusions just because you don’t get it. They’ve been steadily growing for years now, they’re not some new 4th gen group that might make you question their sales.
also, Twitter usually shows trends and topics that you interact with. So maybe you don’t see much of them, but my feed is filled with seventeen and at least 3 members are always trending on my timeline with thousands of tweets. So there are definitely a LOT of people who follow them and their content. 

Black Girl Period GIF

57 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

It’s funny how everyone forgets how crazy talented Nmixx are just because they flopped. Kpop fans being the fake ass ******* that they are, what’s new. 

I wouldn’t know, I don’t really pay attention to them. I just know Lily is that girl