Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

jennie looks super cute

the look suits her

I was hoping for something more grande tho

Edited by ItsJustMe.

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

You don’t know that. We’re all assuming here. But don’t forget Troye is a solo artist that gets more cut from his tours and streams and sales(however he sells) compared to Jennie who has to divide it by four in addition to being in a kpop contract. And I did say she’s obviously rich from brand deals that Troye is nowhere near. I’m just trying to think logically here, and all you could say was “cOPiNg!!!” as if I’m the one living vicariously through these celebs or if they’re paying my bills :rip:

 

Well she might, I was just guessing and putting my thoughts out there solely based on the revenue ratio these kpop companies have since most of the music and touring revenue goes to the exec’s pockets. Especially YG with his money laundering schemes. 

Jennie has songwriting credits on 1.5 songs over her entire career. Troye writes all his songs. That probably means something.

 

Songwriting is where the majority of the money is in a musical release.

 

adrienne.gif

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Well she might, I was just guessing and putting my thoughts out there solely based on the revenue ratio these kpop companies have since most of the music and touring revenue goes to the exec’s pockets. Especially YG with his money laundering schemes. 

Well, we can only speculate. I do remember in the past YG was always noted to have relatively fair distribution of revenue between artists and company. Not sure how it is now, especially after 2017, but I think it should not be bad especially for their biggest acts. So I do think Jennie would be richer with music related revenue alone. 

On 5/21/2023 at 11:41 AM, Mel. said:

say what you want about Blinks, like us or not but we’ve never crossed those kinda lines and we’re mostly on the defense and fighting back, we don’t go picking fights with that fandom or that group. If were shading them, best believe it was in retaliation of something they said or did

 

now, I’m not saying Blinks are angels, but we’re definitely not deranged, we’re protective and you would be too if you had to deal with YEARS of seeing abuse against your favs

thank you blinks for proving this wrong just 1 short day later! :cm:

1 minute ago, armink said:

thank you blinks for proving this wrong just 1 short day later! :cm:

freakout.gif

Jennie looks gorgeous as usual :heart2:

 

Why are aespa and Stray Kids attending Cannes though? :skull: Its a genuine question before one of the psycho defensive souls jumps me

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Jennie has songwriting credits on 1.5 songs over her entire career. Troye writes all his songs. That probably means something.

 

Songwriting is where the majority of the money is in a musical release.

 

adrienne.gif

See I wasn’t even trying to shade her or anything, I was simply commenting on what was generally perceived in terms of kpop idols’ earnings from music, especially the ones who don’t write all the songs in this case. It’s obviously gonna be different for someone like Soyeon or Woozi or 3Racha. But alas

adrienne.gif
 

3 minutes ago, lily42 said:

Well, we can only speculate. I do remember in the past YG was always noted to have relatively fair distribution of revenue between artists and company. Not sure how it is now, especially after 2017, but I think it should not be bad especially for their biggest acts. So I do think Jennie would be richer with music related revenue alone. 

yeah we can only speculate, but if that’s the case, that’s  actually pretty great :clap3:

 

5 minutes ago, armink said:

thank you blinks for proving this wrong just 1 short day later! :cm:

:redface:

7 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Jennie looks gorgeous as usual :heart2:

 

Why are aespa and Stray Kids attending Cannes though? :skull: Its a genuine question before one of the psycho defensive souls jumps me

Stray Kids aren't attending Cannes, it's just Hyunjin. he is attending the Versace fashion show tomorrow.

 

vespa idk I assume another brand deal

 

adrienne.gif

5 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

where is V?! :fish2:

he's attending another event, not this one.

 

adrienne.gif

Jennie looks so pretty but it’s time to get rid of the the bow tie we’ve seen it enough   

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Stray Kids aren't attending Cannes, it's just Hyunjin. he is attending the Versace fashion show tomorrow.

 

vespa idk I assume another brand deal

 

adrienne.gif

Inch resting

 

adrienne.gif

y'all hear Cannes and think it is just one red carpet like the MET gayla

 

get some culture

 

adrienne.gif

12 minutes ago, armink said:

thank you blinks for proving this wrong just 1 short day later! :cm:

lmao that's why I don't understand people competing to see which fandom is the worst. If you're on twitter, it's going to recommend you stuff you agree with/of your interest so obviously blinks will think armys misbehave more and vice versa when in reality every side has bad apples especially in super large fandom. The actual worst fandoms in kpop are ELFs and VIPs :cm:

jennie rich

jennie pretty

jennie talented

jennie booked and busy

spacer.png

I haven’t looked at Jennie yet but my guess is that she’s wearing a black or white Chanel dress, the same thing she wears to every event ever 

When aespa show up at Cannes and accidentally run into Denis Villeneuve and he will offer to make a sci-fi masterpiece about the dangerous deserts of Kwangya a la Dune or Blade Runner 2049 :jonny5:

 

SM their minds :clap3: Invented networking

7 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

lmao that's why I don't understand people competing to see which fandom is the worst. If you're on twitter, it's going to recommend you stuff you agree with/of your interest so obviously blinks will think armys misbehave more and vice versa when in reality every side has bad apples especially in super large fandom. The actual worst fandoms in kpop are ELFs and VIPs :cm:

exactly, but I think most armys agree that we have some true psychos among our ranks - it's just hilarious to me that blinks lack the same self awareness when they are at least equally as bad :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, armink said:

exactly, but I think most armys agree that we have some true psychos among our ranks - it's just hilarious to me that blinks lack the same self awareness when they are at least equally as bad :gaycat6:

we talk about crazy blinks/akgaes all the time tho :gaycat6:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.