Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

50 minutes ago, karlo_98 said:

I didn't know they're charting on MelOn now. :coffee2:

it’s been so fun to see them rise :jonny3:
 

10 minutes ago, armink said:

Since I have already triggered the sheep lemme fully commit by informing them that BVNDIT are the upgraded version of Red Velvet and deserved their success :chick3:

 

 

their sound was completely different to Red Velvet bffr

 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

where is the person who tried to pull a fast one and say that Jungkook, the underwear model with the Anne Frank haircut, is more talented than legendary 4th-gen allrounder Han Jisung???

 

britdance.gif

Wait, you might be onto something with Han, almost forgot about that ACE :gaycat2:

but you know who else can do it all? Mr Kim Woojin ofc :bird:

Not me defending JK when J-Hope is right there :bibliahh: He is arguably the best dancer in K-Pop (it really depends on the style), he is a great rapper, and can somewhat sing and compose very well. It's really all about visuals after all, isn't it :deadbanana:

It's kinda interesting and impressive how SHINee managed to outlast Super Junior and having a way better reception among new Kpop stans etc... Super Junior used to STOMP on SHINee during 2nd gen from what I have read, but Super Junior suddenly fell off while SHINee had way more longevity. SHINEE might be the most respected boy group in the industry by kpop fans I think? Like everybody like them I feel like

Edited by Pluto2022

4 hours ago, Josh said:

The only female rappers in Kpop that challenge Soyeon are LE, Hyuna and CL

Bffr 

brigitte-nielsen-confused.gif

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wait, you might be onto something with Han, almost forgot about that ACE :gaycat2:

but you know who else can do it all? Mr Kim Woojin ofc :bird:

idk if Woojin can rap/write/produce like Han but Woojin can definitely outsing everyone in his generation and that's a fact.

 

britdance.gif

7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

where is the person who tried to pull a fast one and say that Jungkook, the underwear model with the Anne Frank haircut, is more talented than legendary 4th-gen allrounder Han Jisung???

 

britdance.gif

I know Jisung would agree with me :coffee2:  Here is 19-year-old Jungkook and 22-year-old Jisung for comparison :heart:

 

 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

It's kinda interesting and impressive how SHINee managed to outlast Super Junior and having a way better reception among new Kpop stans etc... Super Junior used to STOMP on SHINee during 2nd gen from what I have read, but Super Junior suddenly fell off while SHINee had way more longevity. SHINEE might be the most respected boy group in the industry by kpop fans I think? Like everybody like them I feel like

Huh? Super Junior was commonly shat on, they were the representative 2nd gen boygroup people would point and laugh at.  :foxaylove3:

4 minutes ago, Hazy said:

literally what I have been saying :clap3:

 

what makes him stand out is the it factor and Armys

Yeah I mean it’s one thing to praise him about being the ace of the group who can do it all, but saying there’s NOBODY else on his level is peak delusion I think.
 

7 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Somi is the perfect definition of that too. :matty:

Somi kinda fits that description yes, actually we have a lot of female jacks of all trades who are better than her…but I thought we were talking about males :coffee2:
 

 

39 minutes ago, Hazy said:

we’re not talking about whole groups but about certain members, yes? why bringing up Hyunjin when he’s not the topic at all? 

 

I’m not saying BP are some dancing and singing machines - what makes them stand out is their charisma and it’s the same for Jungkook 

 

sure, he’s the better dancer (questionable in comparison to Lisa, maybe not on tour but isn’t she kinda limited there), I don’t think he’s better singer than Rosé, but I’m talking about the average performance, not either dancing or singing 

 

maybe you have some example of his outstanding performance? maybe I missed something :rip:

You said some members of Stray kids are better performers or more talented than him. That’s why I said who? Hyunjin? 
 

Regarding the average performance JK is better than the Pinks. Rosé vocals wouldn’t survive if she have to do a intense full choreography. 
 

When they are performing live,I think him and R are not different. 

 

32 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

Key far outpaces Jungkook in the dance department and Jonghyun was far more multifaceted. 

 

Jungkook was an odd choice for a set standard regardless, because he excels at nothing within his own group. :skull: He just happens to be the most well-rounded, and has perhaps the best capability above all with vocals. At most that gives him an edge over 2/5 SHINee members, and that's being generous.

Kei is a better sincer but he’s nowhere a better dancer than JK be serious. JK wash him, just with the ON performance  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The debate was about Hazy saying that JK was MID, which is false since he’s one the most well rounded male idols and the best dancer among the famous male ACE like Baekhyun, Taeyang, Kei and Gd. 

 

28 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

SHanbin and Jiwoong impact I fear.

 

Did GP999 songs ever received the similar reception like this?

lol ofc not :rip:

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

It's kinda interesting and impressive how SHINee managed to outlast Super Junior and having a way better reception among new Kpop stans etc... Super Junior used to STOMP on SHINee during 2nd gen from what I have read, but Super Junior suddenly fell off while SHINee had way more longevity. SHINEE might be the most respected boy group in the industry by kpop fans I think? Like everybody like them I feel like

Nobody took SJ seriously during 2nd gen, they were always stan driven and not actually popular in the real world like NCT is now.

 

Before the past few weeks of random lashings from armys on ktrl the only previous SHINee haters I ever saw were literally just homophobes who thought SHINee was too lgbt. :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Hyuna and The Minutes invented EATING with this BOP

 

:loud:

 

 

And this Wednesday is the 11th anniversary of this release.

 

 

Which lead to a new interpretation to those "Volume Up" lyrics.

 

:cm:

59 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

I do not need HYBE Hogs coming around and calling SHINee overrated when every male group that horrid company has produced has been directly influenced by them. Just because they arent the most popular bg ever doesn't mean they aren't impactful. 
 

 

This is lowkey the best kpop song ever

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

idk if Woojin can rap/write/produce like Han but Woojin can definitely outsing everyone in his generation and that's a fact.

 

britdance.gif

I think he can definitely write well judging by the songs in his debut mini, idk about producing and stuff. But yes, vocally he’s one of the best and he’s a pretty good dancer while singing LIVE as well

so already a better ace than most :gaycat2:

Can the stray cats can show us a LIVE performance of Han when he sings ?

Im interested ?

 

______
 

We all love King Kei but people on here are really lying saying that JK is not the better dancer lol 

 

 

Since I have already triggered the blink lemme fully commit by informing them that CB are the upgraded version of BLACKPINK and deserved their success

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not 2 pages of ktrl talking about JK :deadbanana4:

 

He is a good performer but an Ace? :toofunny3:

Atp, Kitsch is really going to block I AM bc IVE never debuted a TT with more than 370k uls :biblio:

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Can the stray cats can show us a LIVE performance of Han when he sings ?

Im interested ?

 

______
 

We all love King Kei but people on here are really lying saying that JK is not the better dancer lol 

 

 

 

britdance.gif

12 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It’s called JYP getting desperate. If this was aespa everyone would be calling it sajaegi but maybe it’s because no one cares about this group :rip: 

Uhm, you do know JYP has legit beef with Melon right, which is why none of the JYP artists were either nominated or invited at their award show? There are even rumors about Melon trying to sabotage JYP artists on their streaming platform. 

 

 

8 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wait, you might be onto something with Han, almost forgot about that ACE :gaycat2:

but you know who else can do it all? Mr Kim Woojin ofc :bird:

Woojin is an amazing singer, but he used to be the weakest dancer of SKZ. + he's not a rapper either

 

 

3 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Huh? Super Junior was commonly shat on, they were the representative 2nd gen boygroup people would point and laugh at.  :foxaylove3:

 

1 minute ago, Century said:

Nobody took SJ seriously during 2nd gen, they were always stan driven and not actually popular in the real world like NCT is now.

 

Before the past few weeks of random lashings from armys on ktrl the only previous SHINee haters I ever saw were literally just homophobes who thought SHINee was too lgbt. :bibliahh:

Mr. Simple, Sorry Sorry, Bonamana are bigger than any SHINee song though + they have also sold more than SHINee. Weren't Super Junior BIGBANG's rivals? 

55 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Girl, the prediction says Jisoo is out of the chart. OUT. I am not asking for a #1, that's ridiculous.. did you all even read the first post I quoted?

 

I am literally wondering why she can't chart at #80-70 like her bandmates? And some blinks are mentioning remixes or VPN as if the other members didn't chart at some point.

The song is just flopping in the West, can blinks take the L without bending backwards to deviate attention?

so jisoo is the outlier, okay? the song is a top 40 entry in the UK and Australia which constitutes the West as well. 
 

You want to cream about her flopping in America, go ahead….what L is there to take if she’s doing fine in the aforementioned places + Korea? Jennie didn’t chart either but that doesn’t take away from Solo being a hit. 

1 minute ago, kendoll2001 said:

Jungkook’s Future Nostalgia is coming :gaycat5:

 

Bang PD shaped like a cartoon apple

 

Apple-jokes-for-kids.jpg

 

britdance.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.