Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

 

Now hold on!! Since when? Spill the tea!! 

 

Key is more well rounded than any BTS member

Key cannot dance as well as JK, sorry but its the truth! :celestial4:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Yes? Outside Kei, Baekhyun and Taeyang, JK is obviously a better singer than GD and BI. And among all of them he’s by far the best dancer like, let’s be real ? 

 

Sadly singing and performing live is not the bare minimum in Kpop anymore. 

None of the Stray kids guy can outsing him live JK, did you saw their performances :bibliahh:? Who’s out singing him? Chanbin? And they aren’t touching BTS rap line or BTS dance line especially when they have Hyunjin as a main dancer Lmfao. 
 

And we all know here that I’m a blink and I love their performances, but I’m not delusional to say that they are on par with him. He can outperforms them with ease. Especially if you compare what type of performance he’s doing compared to BP. And Rose and him are on par in term of live singing (not the best among their peers). + He performed harder dance choreographies than Lisa.

 

 

we’re not talking about whole groups but about certain members, yes? why bringing up Hyunjin when he’s not the topic at all? 

 

I’m not saying BP are some dancing and singing machines - what makes them stand out is their charisma and it’s the same for Jungkook 

 

sure, he’s the better dancer (questionable in comparison to Lisa, maybe not on tour but isn’t she kinda limited there), I don’t think he’s better singer than Rosé, but I’m talking about the average performance, not either dancing or singing 

 

maybe you have some example of his outstanding performance? maybe I missed something :rip:

 

not them already charting better than the boys, stray kids, Ateez,treasure and Enhypen :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, armink said:

And where are these recent performances that show he is a better dancer than those members? He has NEVER attempted choreo as complex so the material is just not there for comparison. Just accept you are a bitter hag who cannot even accept the most minor losses for your faves :toofunny2: 

meanwhile on Earth where this choreo is harder than anything BTS has attempted solo despite being much younger and "more talented"

 

This is why Army had such a bad reputation years back. Your either lack of cultural awareness or just complete delusion is too much. :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, smates said:

Also, Jisung is absolutely the most talented SKZ member but if y'all think he is a better performer than Jungkook, I'm leaving :rip:

leave

 

britdance.gif

6 minutes ago, Century said:

Whats up with all the crusty 3rd gen BG stans randomly coming at SHINee lately? It's not Key's fault that he has more vocal and dancing talent alone than your favorite group's entire lineup combined. I feel like I'm seeing anti-shawol clowns here daily recently. :bunny:

The Kings of Kpop remained relevant in the kpop scene receiving much less hate than everyone else:bunny: Even the gg stans like them  
If you are too acclaimed ofc some people will say you are overrated, it's natural:bunny:

1 minute ago, armink said:

Key cannot dance as well as JK, sorry but its the truth! :celestial4:

JK couldn't sing live and stay on pitch for more than 10 seconds at a time if his literal life depended on it. Geriatric Key at his big age still wipes the floor:bibliahh:

Just now, dlwlrma said:

The Kings of Kpop remained relevant in the kpop scene receiving much less hate than everyone else:bunny: Even the gg stans like them  
If you are too acclaimed ofc some people will say you are overrated, it's natural:bunny:

I'm just so confused though because this is an extremely recent trend and SHINee only haters were alt-right trolls before like 2021. Even at their peak when they were outselling, outcharting, forcing music shows to set win limits, and sweeping daesangs like they were the janitor I never saw this energy. Is it that 3rd gen groups are dying down and now they have to compete in the hag bracket with SHINee? :deadbanana4:

  • Author
  • ATRL Administrator

Not this k-pop rapper discourse. K-Rappers are the only kind that should be compared to western artists. K-Pop idol rappers aren’t in the same league. 

Just now, Ryan said:

Not this k-pop rapper discourse. K-Rappers are the only kind that should be compared to western artists. K-Pop idol rappers aren’t in the same league. 

most K-Pop idol rappers only rap because they can't sing

 

britdance.gif

Not some of y'all trying to drag Stray Kids into the topic that not related to them at all :deadbanana4:

14 minutes ago, armink said:

Shinee has to be the most overrated group by kpop fans as a whole, and especially by sheep. Only Taemin is an ace like JK. All the other members are a tier below in dancing, especially considering Shinee's choreo has never been as intense as BTS.

 

And before the sheep lose their mind, yes Shinee can sing and yes Shinee has plenty of good music. 

Key far outpaces Jungkook in the dance department and Jonghyun was far more multifaceted. 

 

Jungkook was an odd choice for a set standard regardless, because he excels at nothing within his own group. :skull: He just happens to be the most well-rounded, and has perhaps the best capability above all with vocals. At most that gives him an edge over 2/5 SHINee members, and that's being generous.

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

Now hold on!! Since when? Spill the tea!! 

 

I was really into them in 2020 and I loved their more r&b infused and laidback songs, I had their albums on loop but NOEASY kinda threw me off and it’s hard to go back :rip: but I still have sentiment for them and think they are solid group 

Just now, Century said:

meanwhile on Earth where this choreo is harder than anything BTS has attempted solo despite being much younger and "more talented"

 

This is why Army had such a bad reputation years back. Your either lack of cultural awareness or just complete delusion is too much. :bibliahh:

And we were talking about Minho, where are HIS performances??? Also Key's choreo is not more complex than something like Begin or My time :ahh:He was only 19 during this performance btw

 

You're also putting words in my mouth - I never called BTS more talented??? I am SPECIFICALLY talking about JK being more of an ace than Shinee members sans Taemin. The other members are simply NOT as good dancers as him and it is really not that hard to accept that. 

 

I already said Shinee are WAY better singers than BTS and I already agreed that they have an important legacy in K-pop. It is only delusional sheep/2nd gen stans like you who cannot even accept the most MINOR concessions to 3rd/4th gen stans who are wholly embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, armink said:

And we were talking about Minho, where are HIS performances??? Also Key's choreo is not more complex than something like Begin or My time :ahh:He was only 19 during this performance btw

 

You're also putting words in my mouth - I never called BTS more talented??? I am SPECIFICALLY talking about JK being more of an ace than Shinee members sans Taemin. The other members are simply NOT as good dancers as him and it is really not that hard to accept that. 

 

I already said Shinee are WAY better singers than BTS and I already agreed that they have an important legacy in K-pop. It is only delusional sheep/2nd gen stans like you who cannot even accept the most MINOR concessions to 3rd/4th gen stans who are wholly embarrassing. 

The only embarrasment is the video you posted and the number of times you've doubled down when ALL generations of kpop fans are scalping you in this thread currently. :bunny:

Edited by Century

11 minutes ago, Adama said:

 

not them already charting better than the boys, stray kids, Ateez,treasure and Enhypen :bibliahh:

SHanbin and Jiwoong impact I fear.

 

Did GP999 songs ever received the similar reception like this?

Edited by discreetinside

I love Minho but I don't think he can outdance any of the good dancers in BTS tbh :rip: He keeps up with his members though which already puts him above a lot of non-main-dancer members of k-pop groups.

 

He could arguably outsing everyone in BTS except Jungkook, though, which is.........interesting.

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

why are y'all arguing over Jungkook, the full-time webcam model?

 

britdance.gif

one thing he’s best at - being underwear online advertiser 

 

2 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Not some of y'all trying to drag Stray Kids into the topic that not related to them at all :deadbanana4:

I feel like the topic was changed a couple of times already, don’t worry, they moved to Shinee already :rip:

 

2 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

Jungkook was an odd choice for a set standard regardless, because he excels at nothing within his own group. :skull: He just happens to be the most well-rounded, and has perhaps the best capability above all with vocals. At most that gives him an edge over 2/5 SHINee members, and that's being generous.

thank you! that’s literally what I was trying to say 

I do wish I AM was sung in a lower key

Yujin struggling with that autotuned belting in the chorus snippet

 

britdance.gif

8 minutes ago, Adama said:

 

None of the Stray kids guy can outsing him live JK, did you saw their performances :bibliahh:? Who’s out singing him? Chanbin? And they aren’t touching BTS rap line or BTS dance line especially when they have Hyunjin as a main dancer Lmfao. 

 

 

Seungmin and Jungcock are on the same level vocally. Changbin and Han are amazing rappers. Hyunjin is not even the best dancer of SKZ? The only reason JYP gave him the main dancer title along with Lee Know, is because they wanted 2 main dancers and 2 lead dancers in SKZ, just like how JYP gave Mina the main dancer title along with Momo even though there's a huge gap between her and Momo. 

 

 

I just woke up to the Le Sserafim MV trailer before, and wow they ATE. They used some of that Antifragile money for this comeback.

1 minute ago, Century said:

The only embarrasment is the video you posted and the number of times you've doubled down when ALL generations of kpop fans are scalping you in this thread currently. :bunny:

Don't worry I'm not going to be losing sleep over the opinions of out of touch ATRLers :ahh: You really are incapable of any real discussion so I'm gonna end this discussion here :monkey:

 

No real human being outside of this thread would consider Key to be a better dancer than JK but you are free to keep living in your dreams I guess :heart:

  • Author
  • ATRL Administrator
7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

most K-Pop idol rappers only rap because they can't sing

 

britdance.gif

And some, like Sehun, have no talent at all. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.