Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Like Crazy is actually a nice track 

I just get the flashbacks from the encore when the song starts

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

3 minutes ago, siratakexxx said:

Jimin's best sing i fear

 

 

 

A lot of ppl aren't ready to talk about it but Vibe singlehandedly proved that Teddy still has it and is just being forced to work with some of the worst idol groups of all time. Give him singers with natural appeal and a SMASH comes out.

Edited by Century

1 minute ago, siratakexxx said:

Jimin's best sing i fear

 

 

 

And it not even being his is a ki! 

Jimin vs Jisoo has to be the greatest example of a mid-off this thread has seen in a minute

 

both released absolute horsesh*t i fear :toofunny2:

 

but they’re undeniably doing well commercially and at least Jisoo is beautiful 

9 minutes ago, WhalieX said:

Literally who cares if it debuts and then falls off the chart or doesn't debut at all? None of these songs are hits anyways and there's nothing to downplay here.

Jisoo is smashing in her main market and that's all that matters.

Good she is doing great in Asia but isn't Blackpink the biggest GG worldwide?

 

Blinks have terrorised and mocked other GGs for years by showing off their "Western" appeal and now you are telling it did not translate into ANY sort of success? After all these years?? Blackpink is not on any different level to all the other groups they mocked?

The guts to have come after the "local" groups...

 

Blackpink is big in Asia, amazing!

But did blinks lie all this time it? What Am I saying, ofc they did

1 minute ago, Xalric said:

yes

 

 

August 2021? Ok

 

also AKMU make their own music, YG as a music label is 100% musically and creatively bankrupt right now

 

:rainy:

 

(So are SM & JYP tho, but TWICE still had Talk That Talk and SM groups have the odd good album track here and there)

1 minute ago, Hazy said:

okay, I will give him that he’s a good dancer and has charisma and stage presence, but still it’s nothing groudbreaking - his vocal abilities are mid, armys brainwashed everyone into thinking he’s something extraordinary in that department when he’s not 

 

I would say he’s the jack of all trades and master of none, but it’s nothing new that male popstars are applauded for the bare minimum and mediocrity 

 

it’s such a shame he would be considered an outstanding (male) performer in the west when there are for sure more skilled idols in kpop than him 

 

 

 

 

Do you have exemple?
 

Outside soloists like Baekhyun, Kei and GD/Taeyang + BI who can performs and sing well at the same time but otherwise I don’t see anyone that is better than him?

 

Kai, Chimin, TAEMIN are amazing dancers but when they performs they aren’t singing live and their vocals are not strong.

Kang Daniel is average, def not better than JK.  

 

Not YG being musically bankrupt as if your favs companies haveht been using thier formula and concepts and not doing anything groundbreaking either…

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Kai, Chimin, TAEMIN are amazing dancers but when they performs they aren’t singing live and their vocals are not strong.

Kang Daniel is average, def not better than JK.  

 

Taemin not having strong vocals ???????? :ace:

Edited by Pluto2022

Whining about the creativity of idol group music is like whining about the culinary excellence of McDonalds. If non-idols don't count then you need to bffr :bunny:

Edited by Century

 

 

 

 

See JYP when you promote songs that sound girls and girls who can actually SING them..... :heart:

 

 

 

9 minutes ago, Hazy said:

 

 

it’s such a shame he would be considered an outstanding (male) performer in the west when there are for sure more skilled idols in kpop than him 

 

 

 

 

Can you name them? I can think of great rappers and dancers (like his bandmate J-Hope for example) and great singers like Chen and D.O. but I just genuinely cannot think of someone who can do all of that without relying on backtrack during intense routines and also look good while doing it. Maybe I need to check more boy groups.

#9 melon but #43 Flo :coffee: Interesting 

 

also Set me free didn’t enter on BB, Moonlight Sunrise did 

1 minute ago, smates said:

Can you name them? I can think of great rappers and dancers (like his bandmate J-Hope for example) and great singers like Chen and D.O. but I just genuinely cannot think of someone who can do all of that without relying on backtrack during intense routines and also look good while doing it. Maybe I need to check more boy groups.

Literally all 5 members of SHINee.

2 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Good she is doing great in Asia but isn't Blackpink the biggest GG worldwide?

 

Blinks have terrorised and mocked other GGs for years by showing off their "Western" appeal and now you are telling it did not translate into ANY sort of success? After all these years?? Blackpink is not on any different level to all the other groups they mocked?

The guts to have come after the "local" groups...

 

Blackpink is big in Asia, amazing!

But did blinks lie all this time it? What Am I saying, ofc they did

but now you are assuming that a solo will do the same as a group release..

blackpink's latest singles all charted on billboard

 

jisoo clearly doesn't have the same western appeal as her other members

 

she still got a cute top 40 hit in the UK tho (which is the highest debut for a kpop female artist :oh:) so I guess she does have western success as well :flower2:

7 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Good she is doing great in Asia but isn't Blackpink the biggest GG worldwide?

 

Blinks have terrorised and mocked other GGs for years by showing off their "Western" appeal and now you are telling it did not translate into ANY sort of success? After all these years?? Blackpink is not on any different level to all the other groups they mocked?

The guts to have come after the "local" groups...

 

Blackpink is big in Asia, amazing!

But did blinks lie all this time it? What Am I saying, ofc they did

so bc they don’t have a number one they don’t have western appeal despite racking up a plentiful of top 40 hits? 

 

they may not be #1 smashes but at least they can chart for more than 3 weeks 

 

 

Oh yikes. I love Ive and Kitsch but the choreo and dancing here stinks 

15 minutes ago, Adama said:

Do you have exemple?
 

Outside soloists like Baekhyun, Kei and GD/Taeyang + BI who can performs and sing well at the same time but otherwise I don’t see anyone that is better than him?

 

Kai, Chimin, TAEMIN are amazing dancers but when they performs they aren’t singing live and their vocals are not strong.

Kang Daniel is average, def not better than JK.  

 

and you would put those capable idols you mentioned together with Jungkook? he’s able to carry a note while dancing (which should be bare minimum) but so are Blackpink even though they are no Mariahs too and they are dragged in here on a daily  :deadbanana4: 

 

I won’t lie, I’m not that into boy groups so I won’t make any **** up, I had Stray Kids phase and they have more capable members than BTS so I’m not impressed by Jungkook or any BTS member like I was when I was first introduced to kpop 

 

but maybe boy group stans can educate us and give examples! 

 

also, when it comes to people like Jungkook, it just comes down to the star factor, not some outstanding skills 

 

and I won’t even start it with female idols and female western artists because it would be embarrassing for him, but like I said, the standard is different for the male stars and it’s sad 

Edited by Hazy

11 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Good she is doing great in Asia but isn't Blackpink the biggest GG worldwide?

 

Blinks have terrorised and mocked other GGs for years by showing off their "Western" appeal and now you are telling it did not translate into ANY sort of success? After all these years?? Blackpink is not on any different level to all the other groups they mocked?

The guts to have come after the "local" groups...

 

Blackpink is big in Asia, amazing!

But did blinks lie all this time it? What Am I saying, ofc they did

Last time I checked BP TT charted inside the hot100? Lisa and Rosé also charted in the hot 100 so :cm:

3 minutes ago, Century said:

Literally all 5 members of SHINee.

Shinee has to be the most overrated group by kpop fans as a whole, and especially by sheep. Only Taemin is an ace like JK. All the other members are a tier below in dancing, especially considering Shinee's choreo has never been as intense as BTS.

 

And before the sheep lose their mind, yes Shinee can sing and yes Shinee has plenty of good music. 

9 minutes ago, smates said:

Can you name them? I can think of great rappers and dancers (like his bandmate J-Hope for example) and great singers like Chen and D.O. but I just genuinely cannot think of someone who can do all of that without relying on backtrack during intense routines and also look good while doing it. Maybe I need to check more boy groups.

 

2 minutes ago, Hazy said:

and you would put those capable idols you mentioned together with Jungkook? he’s able to carry a note while dancing (which should be bare minimum) but so are Blackpink even though they are no Mariahs too and they are dragged in here on a daily  :deadbanana4: 

 

I won’t lie, I’m not that into boy groups so I won’t make any **** up, I had Stray Kids phase and they have more capable members than BTS so I’m not impressed by Jungkook or any BTS member like I was when I was first introduced to kpop 

 

but maybe boy group stans can educate us and give examples! 

 

also, when it comes to people like Jungkook, it just comes down to the star factor, not some outstanding skills 

 

and I won’t even start it with female idols and female western artists because it would be embarrassing for him, but like I said, the standard is different for the male stars and it’s sad 

 

Just now, armink said:

Shinee has to be the most overrated group by kpop fans as a whole, and especially by sheep. Only Taemin is an ace like JK. All the other members are a tier below in dancing, especially considering Shinee's choreo has never been as intense as BTS.

 

And before the sheep lose their mind, yes Shinee can sing and yes Shinee has plenty of good music. 

Even their version of a useless visual outdances and outsings 5/7 BTS members. Be serious troll. They're directly the reason for boy groups having more intricate and technical choreo. Even your fav's fav talks about how every other active idol RUNS to watch SHINee rehearse.:dies:

4 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

:worship:


The main vocal had literally passed away and they still sung live + ran circles around their peers lets not

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.