• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• Miley Cyrus

• Scars

• Walk_Away21

Sounds good on the radio :chick1:

Miley I know Flowers don’t need promo, but it’s time for her to leave her house & do something! 

I’m worried about how fast it’s growing. It might peak fast on radio  :dancehall:

US streams while still absolutely massive, are also aren’t outliers anymore. Kill Bill is competing with it neck and neck already.

WW numbers however are still outlier massive :laugh: 

Someone go tell Miley to perform this on SNL please thanks!

Naturally, the US is the first place to let Flowers slip from #1 on Spotify :dies: I was so focused on Global streams that I didn't even realize how close it was to #2

it's not the end of the world though, streaming + sales + radio numbers are still amazing, this will be #1 on Billboard for a while

Grammy Producer Ben Winston has confirmed an artist who is not nominated this year confirmed only Wednesday night and the artist is getting their band together and they are building the set at the moment for them.  Miley may be coming after all. 

I’ll never understand why her fall from grace in the US has never been recovered.

Hannah Montana soundtracks barely went #1 anywhere but the US, Disney’s biggest viewer market is the US, PITUSA is a literal tribute act to the country, etc.

Can’t Be Tamed burning bridges with parents/her kid fanbase + Miley’s subsequent focus in global markets with the Gypsy Heart tour made a shift in interest that’s been permanent to this day. It’s so frustrating that even when this song was doing imperial phase numbers, it was still lacking here.

The US is obsessed with the image of an artist to decide if they’ll support them while global markets seem to mostly care if the music is catchy and/or you give them attention. :rip:

Obviously I’m talking in relative terms as she was #1 for 3 weeks and is still #2 lol. I just wish CBT’s negative impact wasn’t so strong and long lasting at this point.

At least radio is eating up the song

so happy radio is supporting Miley :falcon:

hope it continues for future singles.

Radio will keep this song afloat in the US, but for streams to stay consistently high, the song has to transition outside of the controversy/tabloid side of TikTok and into the normal side.

I called it weeks ago when comparing this to AIW and why that song lasted so long (appealing to GRWMs, travel, fan-edits, etc). Lana, SZA and even Gaga are staples on this side of TikTok - you can’t go 3 videos without a sped up, slowed, or remixed version of their music.

That’s sadly how powerful TikTok has become here. I wish Flowers’ post chorus would catch on, but whatever, what can you do.

2 hours ago, pika said:

I’ll never understand why her fall from grace in the US has never been recovered.

Hannah Montana soundtracks barely went #1 anywhere but the US, Disney’s biggest viewer market is the US, PITUSA is a literal tribute act to the country, etc.

Can’t Be Tamed burning bridges with parents/her kid fanbase + Miley’s subsequent focus in global markets with the Gypsy Heart tour made a shift in interest that’s been permanent to this day. It’s so frustrating that even when this song was doing imperial phase numbers, it was still lacking here.

The US is obsessed with the image of an artist to decide if they’ll support them while global markets seem to mostly care if the music is catchy and/or you give them attention. :rip:

Obviously I’m talking in relative terms as she was #1 for 3 weeks and is still #2 lol. I just wish CBT’s negative impact wasn’t so strong and long lasting at this point.

I know it's not exactly what you're talking about, but as a latino smiler, I was always under the impression her Hannah Montana kid fanbase made a larger part of her US fanbase at the time compared to fans in Europe and Latin America. Sure, she was loved by kids everywhere, it just that in many places the show was massive, but not exactly the soundtracks (except HM: The Movie), like you said. Her own songs were the first introduction to Miley as a singer and not actress to many non-US pop music listeners, so when CBT happened, she was able to build a loyal teenage base in those places that connected more with that sound and image. It was also easier for non-fans to take her more seriously.

I remember when Bangerz Tour happened back in 2014 there were multiple viral posts on Facebook (we're getting old, ugh) and Twitter about the sizable amount of shocked children at the audience in american dates. She struggled to fully transition her US fanbase from the get-go and due to the drastic changes during Dead Petz and Younger Now, she also struggled to secure new american fans.

Having said that, Plastic Hearts and now Flowers did a great job of getting on board people that grew up loving her during Hannah Montana as a child but stopped following her during Can't Be Tamed or Bangerz because of their parents, negative press or whatever. You can tell there's a growing feeling of "we did her wrong!" among them. Younger Now was very US-appealing, but didn't do the job, so I guess she's still in the recovery process.

Edited by Scars

okay i'm predicting 7-8 weeks at #1 for Flowers

We're into week 4 now, it's officially stabilizing (at a noticeable pace) but has such a long way down to go & radio will keep it afloat even if streaming dips a couple weeks down the line. 6 weeks at least, but I'm predicting 7 consecutive weeks.

Then I'm assuming Flowers will go back to #1 for one more week with the album release, unless the second single has a big moment (or if someone else releases a smash)

She dropped to the #8 spot on the daily global Spotify artists chart.

I am concerned

Edited by SlayMeQueen

6 hours ago, pika said:

She's sitting at #1 on the Hot 100 in the US right now sis :deadbanana:

Never recovered my ass

Edited by SlayMeQueen

Can love me better I can love me better baby

Can love me better, I-

One of the most instant hooks in a pop song in years! :WAP:

Idk what y’all are talking about this is a smash despite everything that’s happened in the past. Her dipping to #2 behind another behemoth is not as deep  as some of you are making it to be. :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, Cotton said:

Idk what y’all are talking about this is a smash despite everything that’s happened in the past. Her dipping to #2 behind another behemoth is not as deep  as some of you are making it to be. :deadbanana4:

right? like this is #1 on literally every chart that exists. Be happy and enjoy the success. 

If a Grammy performance happens tonight then it would help the song on the charts cause it's falling kinda fast now

2 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

If a Grammy performance happens tonight then it would help the song on the charts cause it's falling kinda fast now

it's back to #1 on US spotify today but go off :)

4 minutes ago, seancarter said:

it's back to #1 on US spotify today but go off :)

But the streams (especially global) are falling..it will have a boost with the Grammy's 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.