Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Should I switch to Apple Music?

Featured Replies

I had iTunes ages ago, but tbh Spotify’s audio quality is **** in comparison to AM. Ahhh. What do you guys use?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple Music has better sound quality. And you can upload your own music, even songs not on streaming services. And it’s better integrated in iOS. 

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Apple Music has better sound quality. And you can upload your own music, even songs not on streaming services. And it’s better integrated in iOS. 

See, this is what makes it automatically better for me. I just hate always going back and editing **** on iTunes. I was finding it overwhelming last time I used it. With Spotify I wasn’t tempted so it made it easy. 

  • ATRL Moderator

The music quality alone makes the switch worth it. Yes

2 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

The music quality alone makes the switch worth it. Yes

This. It's just very notably better. I even have it on my Android phone and find it just fine. 

 

Not being able to use the remote control feature Spotify has is kinda annoying though. :ninja:

It depends on how you like that format. I used Apple Music for years and then switched to Spotify. I liked how Apple Music organized my “liked” music better and had better sound quality - and I think Spotify has a better format for finding new music and if it’s important I think they have a much better “wrapped” feature as well, and they typically get premiered music a little earlier by like an hour or so (however this was back in like circa 2018-ish so it may have changed since then). So mostly just up to your preference and what you’re wanting out of it.

I never liked Spotify tbh. Maybe cause I was always used to iTunes. The only other streaming service I used was Tidal for like 6 months whenever ANTi came out :rip: 

I have used both Spotify and Apple Music and imo, Apple Music is much better. The sound quality is better, the navigation on the app is better/more intuitive, and the "for you" playlists are much better. 

 

1 hour ago, Sadie Saxton said:

It depends on how you like that format. I used Apple Music for years and then switched to Spotify. I liked how Apple Music organized my “liked” music better and had better sound quality - and I think Spotify has a better format for finding new music and if it’s important I think they have a much better “wrapped” feature as well, and they typically get premiered music a little earlier by like an hour or so (however this was back in like circa 2018-ish so it may have changed since then). So mostly just up to your preference and what you’re wanting out of it.

I never noticed it. It's clearly not the case anymore if it ever was. 

As I tell everyone, give it a go and you won't want to switch back to Spotify with their horrendous music quality. I've yet to have a friend who's tried it out and gone back :giraffe:

I use both (I listened to Taylor’s music on Spotify for various reasons :gaycat4:) and the quality difference is evident. AM >>>>>

36 minutes ago, OhMyAlf said:

As I tell everyone, give it a go and you won't want to switch back to Spotify with their horrendous music quality. I've yet to have a friend who's tried it out and gone back :giraffe:

Tried it for a day or two and went back to SPOTIFY :giraffe:

AM is just superior. The design, the music quality, the editing your own library… also, Spotify is more playlists-based while AM’s library prioritizes more and is oriented towards artists/albums structure. :bird:

 

only thing AM needs to work on is in the desktop app. whether you’re in Mac or PC, the desktop app is glitchy and messy.

I just left AppleMusic for Spotify, I find AM to be better for personal collections of music but Spotify is heaps better at suggesting music as well as the social part with friends and having collab playlists ~ we’ll see how it goes

switch to youtube music so that you can sit with us cheap hoes :bird:

I was a long time user of Spotify and made the jump to Apple Music recently... honestly, the quality is better but if that's something you're not tuned to hear, then it doesn't have a stark difference between the two, unless it's spatial stuff with the right set up.

 

I honestly liked Spotify interface better and its ability to switch between two devices smoothly.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.