Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Do gays like to be tall?

Featured Replies

I was a lurking a thread in an other forum and so many gays disliked themselves being tall like 6'3" only few liked it. This is usualy the opposite with straight men.

 

I wonder if it was just a anecdotal result or not. So what do you think? Is it true?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we don't, because we want our imaginary husband Niall Horan to be taller than us.

I think it’s societal conditioning. Especially for bottoms.

 

The shorter you are the more you’re presumed to be feminine and as much as we hate to admit it, gay relationships try their hardest to mimic heterosexual ones in terms of social norms. So being tall is seen as a negative because they do not have that “feminine” height that is usually associated with being a bottom. 

Tops want to be tall, bottoms want to be short. It's science.

Surprised this is even a thing. :rip:

 

I am 6’1 and I like my height, but would have no problem being shorter or taller too.

I am a proud 6’2 bottom and haven’t gotten any complaints:gaydonnacat1:

 

It’s fun/empowering to be different than what people expect 

I am at the opposite side of it where I am only 5'2 and stopped growing when I was fifteen which for a man is unusual.

When I was insecure and derived all of my self-worth from my desirability as a gay bottom, I would wish I was shorter than my height (6 feet even). Now that I am confident and do not derive my worth from ridiculous gender norms and heteronormative bodily expectations in relationships, I love my height. It's perfect. I enjoy being tall but not significantly taller than the average male. 

I love being 6’2 makes it a lot easier to intimidate and threaten people. 

I love being tall. I think it's protected me from being abducted or beaten up as a kid 

I’m 5’10 and I wish I’m a bit taller but saw on the internet that my height is the average for men worldwide, so can’t really complain lol (plus I am tall for an Asian).

40 minutes ago, jesus is the answer said:

gays are mentally ill

 

It's anecdotal, being tall is still more valued than being short(er). It may not be as bad as in the straight community, but it's a plus overall

 

43 minutes ago, jesus is the answer said:

gays are mentally ill

:deadbanana2:

If you love sports then it of course gives an advantage and aren’t there studies most business executives or those who get promoted taller compared to their peers, so in that aspect too. 

Quote

many gays disliked themselves being tall like 6'3" only few liked it

sounds like humblebragging tbh :priceless: 

 

other than some tops preferring shorter bottoms theres no real disadvantage to being that tall

Edited by tellem

  • Author
3 minutes ago, tellem said:

sounds like humblebragging tbh :priceless: 

 

other than some tops preferring shorter bottoms theres no real disadvantage to being that tall

You also might attract more gays with daddy issues if you're really tall. That would be very annoying to me. 

 

Just ask the poor black gays who deal with BBC sub **** fetish.

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

When I was insecure and derived all of my self-worth from my desirability as a gay bottom, I would wish I was shorter than my height (6 feet even). Now that I am confident and do not derive my worth from ridiculous gender norms and heteronormative bodily expectations in relationships, I love my height. It's perfect. I enjoy being tall but not significantly taller than the average male. 

yes sis speak UP! :clap3: we need more of this energy on ATRL 

**** no I’m 6’4” and stay knocking my head into ****. Hard to find pants that fit correctly and most shirts look like crop tops. Being tall is overrated asf but the bottoms love it 

Edited by PMKARDASHIAN

1 hour ago, jesus is the answer said:

gays are mentally ill

:deadbanana4:



n6YgA5e.gif

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.