Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Pitchfork: Midnights 7.0

Featured Replies

A fair review. Midnights is sort of experimental for Taylor and some of the risks she takes don’t pay off. 
It is definitely better than Lover though 

  • Replies 156
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Protocol said:

They truly hate her. The 8.0 for Folklore was ridiculous. I think they just hate beautiful blonde women. But knowing what most Pitchfork writers look like IRL (I've seen them myself), I'd be mad too.

 

Just know that whenever you read one of these reviews it's literally coming from a hard 2 cave troll looking motherfucker who lives in a (shared) studio in Brooklyn and only eats tofu and thinks that being a Pitchfork writer makes them the creme de la creme and gives them license to tell other people what they're allowed to like.

8.0 is great by their standards. and they gave red tv 8.5, and red 9.0 in 2019 :rip: how is that "hating" her?

 

OT: I predicted 7.5, but I think they went harsher because of the overzealous earlier reviews 

Edited by PrettyHurts

5 minutes ago, Aramis said:

:bibliahh:

It's true, they're the Kardashian family of journalism (this is layered shade, the girls who get it get it)

Just now, PrettyHurts said:

8.0 is great by their standards. and they have red tv 8.5, and red 9.0 in 2019 :rip: how is that "hating" her.

 

OT: I predicted 7.5, but I think they went harsher because of the overzealous earlier reviews 

They're not allowed to give her less than a 7 because then she won't do the Vogue covers (Conde Nast owns both Vogue and Pitchfork). But you can read between the lines. Folklore should've been an easy 8.5+.

6 minutes ago, Protocol said:

They truly hate her. The 8.0 for Folklore was ridiculous. I think they just hate beautiful blonde women. But knowing what most Pitchfork writers look like IRL (I've seen them myself), I'd be mad too.

 

Just know that whenever you read one of these reviews it's literally coming from a hard 2 cave troll looking motherfucker who lives in a (shared) studio in Brooklyn and only eats tofu and thinks that being a Pitchfork writer makes them the creme de la creme and gives them license to tell other people what they're allowed to like.

 mental illness   :toofunny2:

8 minutes ago, Protocol said:

They truly hate her. The 8.0 for Folklore was ridiculous. I think they just hate beautiful blonde women. But knowing what most Pitchfork writers look like IRL (I've seen them myself), I'd be mad too.

 

Just know that whenever you read one of these reviews it's literally coming from a hard 2 cave troll looking motherfucker who lives in a (shared) studio in Brooklyn and only eats tofu and thinks that being a Pitchfork writer makes them the creme de la creme and gives them license to tell other people what they're allowed to like.

Why did this send me :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

8 minutes ago, Protocol said:

They truly hate her. The 8.0 for Folklore was ridiculous. I think they just hate beautiful blonde women. But knowing what most Pitchfork writers look like IRL (I've seen them myself), I'd be mad too.

 

Just know that whenever you read one of these reviews it's literally coming from a hard 2 cave troll looking motherfucker who lives in a (shared) studio in Brooklyn and only eats tofu and thinks that being a Pitchfork writer makes them the creme de la creme and gives them license to tell other people what they're allowed to like.

GRETCHEN.gif

 

The reviewer stanned WCS and YOYOK,  which is what matters

Not the critic having to preemptively privatize their Twitter account

 

GRETCHEN.gif

11 minutes ago, Protocol said:

They truly hate her. The 8.0 for Folklore was ridiculous. I think they just hate beautiful blonde women. But knowing what most Pitchfork writers look like IRL (I've seen them myself), I'd be mad too.

 

Just know that whenever you read one of these reviews it's literally coming from a hard 2 cave troll looking motherfucker who lives in a (shared) studio in Brooklyn and only eats tofu and thinks that being a Pitchfork writer makes them the creme de la creme and gives them license to tell other people what they're allowed to like.

You spilled :clap3:

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Not the critic having to preemptively privatize their Twitter account

 

GRETCHEN.gif

Smart tbh :dies:

Not that bad. I can't believe it ended up lower than Lover though. :rip:

 

But they sort of redeemed themselves with the WCS stanning, so I guess it's ok.

15 minutes ago, Jude said:

Red - 90

Red (TV) - 85

Speak Now - 82

Fearless - 81

folklore - 80

evermore - 79

Fearless (TV) - 75

Lover - 71

Midnights - 70

Self-Titled - 67

reputation - 65

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow their ratings are terrible. Why do we even bother to care for their scores? That entire list doesn’t even make sense.

The only thing that pissed me off so much that Loser get 0.1 point higher than Midnight despite the latter is an abomination, pale in comparison :gaycat7:

Too high for this very mediocre album. 

 

14 minutes ago, Protocol said:

They truly hate her. The 8.0 for Folklore was ridiculous. I think they just hate beautiful blonde women. But knowing what most Pitchfork writers look like IRL (I've seen them myself), I'd be mad too.

 

Just know that whenever you read one of these reviews it's literally coming from a hard 2 cave troll looking motherfucker who lives in a (shared) studio in Brooklyn and only eats tofu and thinks that being a Pitchfork writer makes them the creme de la creme and gives them license to tell other people what they're allowed to like.

Stop :rip:

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Not the critic having to preemptively privatize their Twitter account

 

GRETCHEN.gif

My anti-hero. 
 

spacer.png

sounds about right, Lover has higher highs but it also has some of the worst songs ever, this one is a bit more consistent

They just have ridiculous taste

I dont care the score they gave, ever

Red above folklore :toofunny3:

 

with Stay Stay Stay, Red, Everything Has Changed, Starlight on the tracklist :toofunny3:

I kind of do agree with them. There are some gems on there, but a lot of it is filler (especially the middle part of the album). A 7.0 for P4K is good anyways lmao.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.