• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Teen Spirit

• brenda-walsh

• BnPac

The way Bey can’t go an era without stealing accusations. Beyoncé and fraudulence kind of go hand in hand. :biblio:

Just now, Pop said:

omg this era has been a DISASTER :rip:  this is so messy!

the dramatics :rip:

How is it theft if she’s credited? What am I missing here?

Maybe if she had more involvement in the creative process these things wouldn’t keep happening :michael:

Girl bye. bey doesn’t need permission from her cause kelis doesn’t own **** from that album. She just needs to ask Pharrell and chad. Kelis has no writing or production credits off that album the neptunes do

gqCjZq4.gif

We been knew.

1 minute ago, fauxtography said:

The way Bey can’t go an era without stealing accusations. Beyoncé and fraudulence kind of go hand in hand. :biblio:

The way you can't go one Bey thread without trolling :zzz: Kelis does not own the rights to the song sampled so her input is irrelevant in this situation. The producers - based on legal precedence - rightfully obtained the rights to sample the song. 

I understand her in the overall situation of what she's gone through, but the levee broke over this one minor, nonissue after everything else. :rip: 

I understand her frustration but why is she attacking bey in the process :hoetenks: she has gone through a lot so she has the right to be mad, but the anger feels misdirected and messy 

tbh this is the reason i DO NOT like summer renaissance. I feel like it samples i feel love way too much. Especially since Donna could've never approved.. but kelis is doing too much like.. everybody samples. kanye west samples, pharrell (her main producer) samples tf out of songs... everybody samples. sampling music and making it your own is an artform of music production. its not necesarrily theft per se but the extent to how much bey sampled i feel love was too much imo. its basically a cover.

She is literally backtracking after she heard the song. Mess 

She was ranting before she even heard it. 

No one can point out where the sample is so maybe someone here can? 

how is it theft if the sample was cleared? :rip: 

nnnn she needs to direct this energy towards pharrell, not beyoncé

The way this is about to be a one sided beef. :deadbanana4:  If I were Beyoncé I would completely shun her. Take it up with Pharrel sis. He owns your masters.

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

tbh this is the reason i DO NOT like summer renaissance. I feel like it samples i feel love way too much. Especially since Donna could've never approved.. but kelis is doing too much like.. everybody samples. kanye west samples, pharrell (her main producer) samples tf out of songs... everybody samples. sampling music and making it your own is an artform of music production. its not necesarrily theft per se but the extent to how much bey sampled i feel love was too much imo. its basically a cover.

i feel the same way

summer renaissance ranks at the bottom for me cause its just ctrl c ctrl v. theres no new life given to the song at all, just new lyrics 

9 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Just like how you and leaving negative comments on every single Beyoncé-related thread go hand in hand. :biblio:

7 minutes ago, Pop said:

'DISASTER' in what way? The only messy thing is the constant trolling from you guys for the past 6 weeks. Imagine how tired we are :rip:

-

OT: I'm surprised that this is her reaction considering she's been in the industry for a long time. Did she get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? :deadbanana4:

Please tell me she sampled milkshake

14 minutes ago, Pop said:

The projection :rip: stop being disingenuous because you're an OBH.

"Beyonce talks about female empowerment. I don't TALK about it, I AM ABOUT IT!"

13 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Disgusting but not surprising.

-

yikes. This is so disrespectful.

:biblio:

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I agree 100%

She's so unoriginal. 

Legally everything is fine with the sample. I get her point a little bit with giving a heads up tho. Especially seeing how Beyoncé tip-toed around Robin S for Break My Soul. Her crediting people who had barely sth to do with the Show Me Love remix where the sound on BMS comes from and then sending flowers was really sweet, but also almost entirely unnecessary legally speaking. So, why she wouldn't give Kelis an ounce of attention she gave to the people behind Show Me Love is a bit weird actually. Just a quick "we're doing this" isn't really too much to ask for if you think about it.

I put the blame on Pharrell tho.

Edited by The Next Day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.