Kelis drags Beyonce; "It's not sampling, it's theft!"

Buddy

I admire her bravery for speaking up in the name of justice. Bey... just pay these people.

gqCjZq4.gif

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Teen Spirit

• brenda-walsh

• BnPac

16 minutes ago, Triton said:

Does Kelis own the masters? No? Then that’s her problem. 

And that’s because she was scammed by Pharrell, she has all the right to be mad with him and Beyoncé 

23 minutes ago, EJQL8 said:

I Am... Sucha Thief strikes again. 

gqCjZq4.gif

I'm screaming :bibliahh:

she’s absolutely correct. but watch people be obtuse and act as if Kelis doesn’t have a point or can’t speak up bc she’s a “flop”, “forgotten”, “jealous” and “bitter” because she’s not beyoncé :zzz:

It seems that Beyonce needs Ava Max's lawyers

gqCjZq4.gif

It's not "theft", the sample was cleared with the appropriate people. 

Kelis can go back to needlessly slaughtering her children's pets. 

FinishedFriendlyBongo-size_restricted.gi

26 minutes ago, EJQL8 said:

I Am... Sucha Thief strikes again. 

gqCjZq4.gif

:bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

your fave is a FRAUD. 

Accept the truth. The receipts are countless. :beach:

-

:hoetenks:

Focus on your fave first, Diane Warren already exposed her fraudolent ass :bibliahh:

OT: I hope they can solve the issue together. 

Hive: Beyoncé has creative control over her music

This Thread: Beyoncé has nothing to do with this 

Beyonce? stealing ideas or work from other artists? Beyonce? :mandown:

gqCjZq4.gif

11 minutes ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

What song did Beyonce steal?! :thing:

I want to know too :gaycat2:

13 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Can someone break this down for us? Lol which song did Beyonce sample of hers and on what new song? 

Didn't Beyonce's team send an email or something? Im pretty sure there's process. 

I’m not sure we know what song was sampled yet. Maybe some people who have heard it already my would know. It sounds like the sample was cleared by Pharrell, who as half of the producing team the Neptunes owns the publishing rights to a large portion of Kelis’ early catalog, but that nobody bothered to reach out to Kelis herself - they only cleared it legally. Her argument is basically that it’s not illegal, but immoral to fail to at least give her a heads up that her work and name would be used on someone else’s record. It’s also important to note that Kelis wrote on a good chunk of her early tracks, though not Milkshake, which as her biggest hit is probably the most likely thing to get sampled (I haven’t heard the record yet so if it’s something else, I have no clue).

Kelis signed a bad when contract with The Neptunes when she was a teen. She says they stole her profits and she would never work with them again. 

I completely agree. It's so distasteful and abhorrent. She basically stole her whole album from somebody else 

This is what happens when you cannot write your own music

1 minute ago, Pepo said:

Focus on your fave first, Diane Warren already exposed her fraudolent ass :bibliahh:

OT: I hope they can solve the issue together. 

Diane was rightfully credited, it's not like Gaga was shamelessly  trying to steal that song the same way Beyonce does to POC female artists.

Also, Diane has never accused Gaga of anything. Don't be a liar like your fave. 

:toofunny3:

Bey properly credited everyone involved which includes all the sampling. It's not her fault Kelis is not originally credited on whatever song that was sampled. Y'all are doing waaaayy too much PER USUAL only because of your hatred for Beyonce. You dumb uglies can continue to suffer. :giraffe:

Kelis is big mad at the wrong person, but I get it.. she needs the relevance, she has bills to pay just like everyone else 

i get her frustration but she thinking its a direct hit :deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

Bey cut her a check. or call her. :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.