• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Teen Spirit

• brenda-walsh

• BnPac

2 hours ago, Pop said:

omg this era has been a DISASTER :rip:  this is so messy!

For how long have you been waiting for this era?

2 minutes ago, LanaDelRey said:

She did though? In this video she says Pharrell has writing credits on her songs but didn't write any of the lyrics, clearly implying that she was the one who did 

No, No. she is saying that her manager got songwriting credits and her manager never wrote. Not Pharrell 

4 minutes ago, 305 said:

Beyonce is not creative or artistically talented wbk

According to the song credits at question that would be Kelis that she’s

Not creative

Not Artistically Talented 

or she CANT READ 

gqCjZq4.gif

Edited by Blasian Barnie

8 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

Sis because she doesn’t 

Survey artists who had no hand in writing songs they performed nor owned and ask them how many of them received a phone call from the some one intending to sample  a song they performed on.

She would find out she is the company of many. The idea she was owed anything is silly. Especially considering she been making jabs at Bey. Did you really want a phone call that bad sis. Even when you yourself acknowledge the makes no difference in outcome. We didn’t need her blessing or okay.

I’m sorry when she saw it was sampled did she have a stroke because of the surprise of finding out via social media that a song she has no rights to was “sampled”. Like what’s the real issue here?

Not Beyoncé, for sure, but the posts in here read violent and dismissive as hell. She has all the right to be upset if she feels her work was not credited as it should have been, if you leave all the legal stuff behind, the sentiment is very... mean, if you will.

Wait how did she know Beyoncé sampled a song? From Beyoncé’s sampling credit list… oh. Be thankful you bum gqCjZq4.gif

She wants credit on a song she doesn't have credit on and is masking it by questioning Beyonce's "integrity" and "empowering women" because she KNOWS she cant get the credit. I understand her frustrations and her anger but considering she's known to making jabs towards Bey ever since 2006 and the way her tone is being read in those videos reads as a dig towards Bey and not Pharrell as she's trying to say...

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

Sadly I think kelis is in the right and bey in the wrong here.  She should have let kelis know she was going to sample her song.  :michael: 

So should have Pharrell apparently but she's saying he did this "on purpose" to her. How? I need to get caught up on their beef, clearly.  

There's so much tea spilled in that video I don't know where to start. Also, not her calling Chad a blob :rip: 

How is Beyonce trying to pass this off as a collab when the other artist doesn't even know it's happening?

• ATRL Moderator
27 minutes ago, popstyle said:

why she said beyonce copied her before. when girl??, bye.

Ring the alarm def rips from caught out there.  Great songs though 

27 minutes ago, popstyle said:

why she said beyonce copied her before. when girl??, bye.

Ring the Alarm was clearly inspired.. by Caught Out There lol 

2 hours ago, Kozy said:

beyoncé went through the proper channels to sample her, kelis needs to redirect her anger to pharrell :rip:

The first post and totally missing the point...deflection perhaps.

I agree with Kelis. Especially since they know each other and were on good terms and know people to contact.

Pharrell did what many do. I think she was angry in the 2000s because he said: but you signed the contract.

Be careful about those extra latin words that allow people to legally swindle.

She's making a point that this move goes against what she preaches.

She doesn't seem angry just frustrated because she EXPECTS this move from Pharrell who has been doing this for decades to her now but I guess she thought she and Beyonce were cool enough that Beyonce could give her a heads up.

Kelis said it in a way that didn't mince words but also was from the head not the heart

"I'd be happy too if I was stealing people's publishing"

She did NOT, omg this is so messy :deadbanana2:

16 minutes ago, Slap said:

Her husband died of cancer a few months ago and you think this woman gives a **** about retweets? I’m sorry but as a fellow Bey fan I have to say you are really misinformed here.

Oh wow, didn't know this. Yeah - the notion she's clout chasing is really gross. 

Wbk beyonce is just PR. Kelis clockedT and exposedT. 

:jonny6:

bey stealing has been going on for years. 

1 hour ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

What song did Beyonce steal?! :thing:

A lot :sistrens:

2 hours ago, Pop said:

Not very feminist from the "Black Parade" singer.

1 minute ago, besaid said:

How is Beyonce trying to pass this off as a collab when the other artist doesn't even know it's happening?

Beyonce never said that. 

Kelis said she saw on one of her fanpages a fan write Bey collabed w/ Kelis on the new album. The fan was obviously mistaken, they were talking about the sample used 

"Chad is like an amoeba, it's a miracle he can keep his neck up" :rip:

Still aghast that she called her out directly about getting % of publishing on stuff she didn't write

I mean I stan Beyonce but it's an open secret

But lmao. She really don't give a ****

22 minutes ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

This is a very odd thing to drag considering Beyonce has songs she is credited on that are only minimally different from the original demo. Like Halo for example she's credited for very minor alterations to the song. Not that there is anything wrong with that anyone who works on a song should be credited. 

Also Gaga wanted credit on Jlo's album because redone recycled work they had done together for Born This Way onto that album. Jlo even said herself that redone played her samples and let her know he had worked on them with Gaga. Gaga only cared about the credit because she didn't want to be seen as unoriginal she initially asked to have either her song (Judas) or JLO's song changed so they didn't sound as simmilar but Redone didn't do that so she asked for credit. Nothing wrong with that. 

It doesn't look so from the leaked texts, but whatever 

OT: It is an unfortunate situation, but Kelis is throwing a tantrum at the wrong person. 

controversy streams are coming. Keep talking Kelis. Go to the breakfast club tomorrow 

gqCjZq4.gif

16 minutes ago, Joyride said:

Not Beyoncé, for sure, but the posts in here read violent and dismissive as hell. She has all the right to be upset if she feels her work was not credited as it should have been, if you leave all the legal stuff behind, the sentiment is very... mean, if you will.

Not Beyoncé and Not anyone else. 

Her work was vocal, not the drum, kick, snare, pizz, nor lyric.  She crying about not being credited for something didn’t create.

We are talking about CREDIT are we not.

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Still aghast that she called her out directly about getting % of publishing on stuff she didn't write

I mean I stan Beyonce but it's an open secret

But lmao. She really don't give a ****

“I stan Beyoncé but” no the **** you dont 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.