What caused ATRLs downfall?

Distantconstellation

Becoming more strict kind of killed it tbh.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• Teen Spirit

• ProudLBS

• Apolonio ₃₄

the user base getting old and not allowing new members in

Slow site, not letting the new members in which impacts having the same threads over and over again.

I mean how many times can you discuss and argue about same things?!? 

Bases are also boring because of the same old members complaining about stuff that happened years ago, or want their fav to go back to making music they were making 10+ years ago.

Design of this site is lowkey ugly too.

And finally, the moderation is too strict. I understand this site can get ugly, but some of the WPs I personally got were ridiculous.

*The 503s - Lord the frustration. 

*The biased mods towards certain fanbases - you can't have an opinion that's not positive or constructive criticism on some of the artists. 

The deranged stans report your (unharming) critic or joke and get a WP.. Yet when they are doing that with a massive wave of bullying none of them mods acts to prevent it. 

*The psycho stans bullies that won't get banned. 

20 hours ago, arceus said:

Are their moderators lurking here? My account got rejected :rip: I guess they don't want a more racially diverse forum. 

Of course not.. its a black forum :deadbanana2:

37 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

Also I used to literally cry or throw myself on the floor with  @May @ks_dollar @Pendulum 's threads. What happened to them? 

the mods banned us from making threads :thing: i miss being a mess ..

The site is pretty much unusable on some days and how many of the same "surprised, why, etc." topics surrounding the same 3 artists are we expected to be interested in

12 hours ago, Tropical said:

Pretty much - the posts and sense of humour that made ATRL what it is is now against the rules and would see you banned. So yay for having a haven for American woke libs to pat themselves on the back but for the rest of us - we're giggling on reddit.

This.

I still remember the smear campaign to get down Reinvention who was the one mod left that was actually down to earth and reasonable :skull: 

Owner and server issues aside, the site started going downhill when psycho unhinged Twitter stans infested it :skull: I definitely think forums need new members constantly but it is literally the same old trolling everyday without even being funny. The pop girls discussed here are also old/retired, most of the ancient members are growing up and shade/drags aren't hitting as they used to. I can't remember the last time I saw a good, eloquent and effortless read.

Some of yall in this thread desperately want a full on 4ChanTRL with slurs being thrown around dd. Closing SYG was one of the best decisions.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:48 AM, TROPICUM said:

As a Gen Z, I would say open the gates for new members! Let people be messy, loosen the belt just a little. Stan culture has a chance of flourishing here, but with all the restrictions and overall millennial demographic the forum gives gay millennial coffee/brunch restaurant vibes.

This. 

I’m dating a Gen Zer and he’s not into stan culture but all his friends are and they are absolutely hilarious and very knowledgeable about todays pop culture and pop culture from the 10s/00s. I say open registration and stop hanging out WP over the most ridiculous things. 

I also think something like SYG/NHB could add something the site is missing. Maybe not to the extent it was at one point, but a place to drag to argue without fear of being banned would be nice. If a member can’t handle the language or drags used within the thread, then they don’t need to enter it :michael:

Also, the same threads every day about beyonce/Gaga/Taylor/Adele are horrifically boring. 

The "un-fixable" site issues have done the most damage in ruining the enjoyment of the site tbh. Plus, stan/pop culture just isn't anywhere as interesting as it used to be, whether it's as a result of people growing up or the newer artists just being boring. idk

14 hours ago, Tropical said:

Pretty much - the posts and sense of humour that made ATRL what it is is now against the rules and would see you banned. So yay for having a haven for American woke libs to pat themselves on the back but for the rest of us - we're giggling on reddit.

This is hilarious considering the "woke libs" are also whining everyday that the site is still too bigoted :skull:

the ZTP shi t and the mods silencing everyone who dares to say anything slightly controversial 

3 hours ago, May said:

the mods banned us from making threads :thing: i miss being a mess ..

Wait really? All of you? I can give you my password smelly king :thing:

Can we be islamaphobic again? Jk it doesnt exist :coffee2::hippo:

The 503/bad server (which the owner is at fault for that) and the mods are WAY too strict. This place use to be way more fun, and I don't even check in everyday anymore. I go to other forums more now.

Also the fact they didn't even fix the dark theme I just don't come here much. This theme hurts my eyes.

Many factors:

Mods being too strict

503s and glitches (the reset didn’t help and made everything worse)

Members growing up and moving on

Same old threads about the same old pop girls

2 hours ago, bidet said:

the ZTP shi t and the mods silencing everyone who dares to say anything slightly controversial 

I don't understand these complaints about ZTP, yall want people to be racist/transphobic etc freely or what? There's Twitter for that.

1269178621_Screenshot2021-10-27at0_03_03

Because the discussions here are not entertaining enough. 

Bigoted members and ex-mods

The user base median age being older than most of the pop acts out right now but the behavior not matching

And can we stop with the daily threads thirsting over Charlie Puth and Shawn Mendes?

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I don't understand these complaints about ZTP, yall want people to be racist/transphobic etc freely or what? There's Twitter for that.

we want to be able to have a conversation about trans people competing in gender categories without getting a WP for being transphobic 

we want to be able to call out bullshit when members try to twist everything into racism without getting a WP for being racist

we want to be able to make jokes about madonna being old without getting a WP for being ageist (wtf is that anyway) 

atrlers (especially americans) love to throw those labels around and make an issue out of everything but it's just ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Gorgeous said:

Wait really? All of you? I can give you my password smelly king :thing:

the funny thing is i never would usually post threads but i always used to go ham on posting them when i was drunk so they were genuine and a lot of users think I was trolling but I wasn’t I was just in a blackout :thing: 

49 minutes ago, bidet said:

we want to be able to have a conversation about trans people competing in gender categories without getting a WP for being transphobic 

we want to be able to call out bullshit when members try to twist everything into racism without getting a WP for being racist

we want to be able to make jokes about madonna being old without getting a WP for being ageist (wtf is that anyway) 

atrlers (especially americans) love to throw those labels around and make an issue out of everything but it's just ridiculous 

You only get ZTP'd if you cross the line and say something super offensive. This site has literally proven on SEVERAL occasions that it is impossible to have a civilized conversation about these issues and sh*t always goes south.

Like sure some WPs are silly and I'm getting warned for harmless shade sometimes too, but you sound like a 4chan troll now girl.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.