Would U Date Someone Thats HIV Positive?

Materialboy215

Would U consider dating someone that was HIV positive?

I know a lot of Gays can be very ignorant when it comes to this topic so I was just wondering if ATRL would consider dating someone with HIV?

TBH I'm not opposed long as your undetectable, being in this community your going to encounter someone thats HIV positive its pretty much inevitable.   I rather someone just be straight up with me from the jump so I can then decide what "I" want to do but more than not that doesn't happen.

I also always been really good with my sexual health and get tested 1/2 times a yr even when I was in a longterm relationship for over 6 yrs I was still going once a yr to get tested.

Whats your thoughts?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Daddy

• Materialboy215

• HeavyMetalAura

Yes? I don't see why not. As long as I'm on PrEP and they are undetectable and on all the right medication, why not? I used to hook up with a guy who was positive and his partner who is negative constantly, and I never had to worry about anything. Both were nurses and the positive one makes sure to keep himself healthy. 

The negative stigma from gays towards other gays who are positive is so disturbing. If you are positive you can live a healthy normal life.

Nope! 
i support hiv people but never enough to date one. I’m too scared, and I wouldn’t be comfortable. I’d be freaking out thinking they gave it to me . I have a phobia for hiv 

• ATRL Moderator

Yes, as long as they're undetectable.

I don't want to date anyone. Humans are so exhausting! Being alone, doing your own thing, enjoying food and music, it's so peaceful. Being alone is so soothing to me.

Everytime I talk to someone, I just feel disappointed...

I don't see the issue as long as they're undetectable :giraffe:

No...but Im the guy that refused to kiss another gay once that suffered from herpes so... :cm:

Yes, ideally undectable, but as long as he is taking meds and use protection, I don't see a reason why not.

Absolutely. We need to end this played out stigma already.

I only draw the line at Dua Lipa stans

18 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Yes? I don't see why not. As long as I'm on PrEP and they are undetectable and on all the right medication, why not? I used to hook up with a guy who was positive and his partner who is negative constantly, and I never had to worry about anything. Both were nurses and the positive one makes sure to keep himself healthy. 

The negative stigma from gays towards other gays who are positive is so disturbing. If you are positive you can live a healthy normal life.

OMG it's so disheartening to see and U can see it right here in this thread.   If we can't even accept (and respect) our own thats positive how do we expect people outside of our community to do what we dont even do?

2 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Absolutely. We need to end this played out stigma already.

We definitely do man I agree XX100 :clap3:

I just don't see it happening

Yes I currently am and he's the love of my life. I was ignorant and uneducated like many people in this thread and didn't know what undetectable meant and that HIV pos people can live a relatively normal life

4 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I only draw the line at Dua Lipa stans

???

Here we go again... can't wait to see some of the reasoning 

Easily, I find HIV attractive :-*

Just now, 305 said:

Yes I currently am and he's the love of my life. I was ignorant and uneducated like many people in this thread and didn't know what undetectable meant and that HIV pos people can live a relatively normal life

Exactly.   

God forbid if any of them ever got it they would still want to date and still would want love.   Plus like U said many are uneducated when it comes to this topic and like U said if U are undetected U don't have anything to worry about ... It's not the same as it was in the late 80s and 90s people can live healthy lives the same as anyone else.

I dated someone who was positive and I'm negative and we have great sex together ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Here we go again... can't wait to see some of the reasoning 

The Gays are so shallow smh 

I have a good friend who's HIV positive and there are ways to live a completely normal life as long as you take your meds and are safe. It's 2022, the stigma around it is outdated and ignorant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.