• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• byzantium

• Click Clack

• CREATIVEREBELLION

• Daddy

1 hour ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I think some of y'all are stupid enough to not understand that unlike humans, dogs are specifically forcibly bred to encompass certain traits. Pitbulls were purposely bred this way. End of story. That's not to say all of them are violent monsters but many are, and it is human fault for breeding them in this way.

Yes and that is horrendous and something that we should and are working of redressing.  However, holding such malice towards other creatures that you would want to see them all dead as some people in this thread have suggested is just vile.  Especially when such malice is unsupported by reason and studies. 

Also they ignore that pitbulls have also been bred to have high levels of human sociability and often are the bred that gets along best with humans.  

3 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I think some of y'all are stupid enough to not understand that unlike humans, dogs are specifically forcibly bred to encompass certain traits. Pitbulls were purposely bred this way. End of story. That's not to say all of them are violent monsters but many are, and it is human fault for breeding them in this way.

Spilled :coffee:

On 5/9/2022 at 11:28 PM, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I just asking because I'm curious, but how come most anti-pitbull people never bring up other breeds of dogs in the same vain? Maybe because pitbulls are more common, but I never see anyone complain about staffys/amstaff/Dogo Argentinos and so on. 

Because a disproportionately large number of violent attacks are committed by pitbulls? You should look up stats. They are self explanatory.

11 hours ago, byzantium said:

Now... I used to be on the train of "it's not the ethnicity, it’s the culture they are raised in" since my cousin dated the sweetest Russian guy, but one day OUT OF NOWHERE he ran towards my friend and punched him. Luckily he held himself back and only left a bruise, and he was able to be detained... but I can't imagine what could've happened.

Lol…you logic. :deadbanana2:

Why are you trying to draw a false equivalence between an animal and humans???? Pitbulls were specifically bred to kill and maul. They have a high prey drive. They get in attack mode at the sight of vulnerability. These are not bugs, they are features. 

The real tragedy is how pitbull owners do not know their own dogs at all and insist on domesticating an animal against its instincts. 

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

Yes and that is horrendous and something that we should and are working of redressing.  However, holding such malice towards other creatures that you would want to see them all dead as some people in this thread have suggested is just vile.  Especially when such malice is unsupported by reason and studies. 

Also they ignore that pitbulls have also been bred to have high levels of human sociability and often are the bred that gets along best with humans.  

I think it's wrong to "want to see them all dead" but I do believe they should not be bred anymore and the breed needs to be phased out. 

4 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I think it's wrong to "want to see them all dead" but I do believe they should not be bred anymore and the breed needs to be phased out. 

Why not just breed out the alleged aggressive qualities though?  The American Bully breed for example demonstrates this.  

14 minutes ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Why are you trying to draw a false equivalence between an animal and humans???? Pitbulls were specifically bred to kill and maul. They have a high prey drive. They get in attack mode at the sight of vulnerability. These are not bugs, they are features. 

The real tragedy is how pitbull owners do not know their own dogs at all and insist on domesticating an animal against its instincts. 

I am not.  I was using that as a demonstration of the individuals faulty logic.  Also, you are not really speaking from a place of fact here.   It amazes me how many people feel qualified to speak on something they know so little about.  

Just now, byzantium said:

Why not just breed out the alleged aggressive qualities though?  The American Bully breed for example demonstrates this.  

I'm not an expert but I don't believe there is a way to make it illegal to only breed "nice" pitbulls - who is to determine what dog is worthy of being bred or not? I agree, it's not a black and white situation

This isn't because the dog was a pitbull, but because the dog was UNLEASHED on public property near another animal. Any dog could do this. Are y'all seriously this dumb that you're arguing over it for 11 pages?! :toofunny3:

14 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I'm not an expert but I don't believe there is a way to make it illegal to only breed "nice" pitbulls - who is to determine what dog is worthy of being bred or not? I agree, it's not a black and white situation

I mean if we are really going to talk policy, one could make it illegal to breed a dog if they are not a certified breeder and illegal to buy a dog from an uncertified breeder. The certification process could then regulate the specific traits being bred.   If you really wanted to discuss policy we can, but the point is, it is possible.  

50 minutes ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Because a disproportionately large number of violent attacks are committed by pitbulls? You should look up stats. They are self explanatory.

I don't doubt that Pitbulls make up the vast majority of bites and dog maulings, I just asked because there's other fighting breeds no one cares about, and I was just wondering why :toofunny3:

7 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I don't doubt that Pitbulls make up the vast majority of bites and dog maulings, I just asked because there's other fighting breeds no one cares about, and I was just wondering why :toofunny3:

There’s other fighting breeds like Pitbulls that are innately violent but unlike these creatures, they don’t have coordinated PR campaigns to show them as a “domestic nanny dog” and get them in homes where they are clearly a threat to babies, small animals and other people. Those fighter dogs are kept with well trained and well equipped people. 

Pit owners like that poster above don’t even have the self awareness to realise that we are NOT saying that Pitbulls cannot be sweet and loving, we’re telling you that your dog has an innate strong prey drive and when it comes out, there’s nothing you can do to stop it. You don’t have the strength or the skills to stop a pitbull attack hence making them a threat to other people. This doesn’t mean that they are violent ALL the time but when they do get aggressive, they are lethal. Please stop keeping them as pets and forcefully domesticating them, it’s criminal negligence. 

Edited by Anna-Artdeco

4 minutes ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

There’s other fighting breeds like Pitbulls that are innately violent but unlike these creatures, they don’t have coordinated PR campaigns to show them as a “domestic nanny dog” and get them in homes where they are clearly a threat to babies, small animals and other people. Those fighter dogs are kept with well trained and well equipped people. 

Pit owners like that poster above don’t even have the self awareness to realise that we are NOT saying that Pitbulls cannot be sweet and loving, we’re telling you that your dog has an innate strong prey drive and when it comes out, there’s nothing you can do to stop it. You don’t have the strength or the skills to stop a pitbull attack hence making them a threat to other people. This doesn’t mean that they are violent ALL the time but when they do get aggressive, they are lethal. Please stop keeping them as pets and forcefully domesticating them, it’s criminal negligence. 

Again. You are not discussing anything of fact demonstrated by a reputable source.  You are just perpetrating unfounded fears.  I don't think you even know that Pitbulls are not even a dog breed.  

51 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I am not.  I was using that as a demonstration of the individuals faulty logic.  Also, you are not really speaking from a place of fact here.   It amazes me how many people feel qualified to speak on something they know so little about.  

Nothing remotely comparable about human behaviour and dog behaviour. You quoted stats on crime perpetuated by black people in America to try and bring racism in the conversation to shut down the debate. 

Firstly, comparing animals and humans is itself so stupid that it renders your debate meaningless but anyway. 

Secondly, black people, unlike Pitbulls weren’t bred for thousands of years for bloodsport. If you knew anything about animal breeding then you’d know that domesticating innate traits out of animals is impossible which is why they’re bred a certain way. Pitbulls are innately aggressive and reactive and this is a fact. The stats on black crime are because of a myriad of cultural and community reasons unique to their community in America. NO correlation with Pitbulls. 

Thirdly, humans and dogs are not alike in case this wasn’t obviously already. Humans don’t share the same pack mentality as dogs. We don’t have all these innate traits in common like dogs of a pack do. We are not being bred for violence. 

Fourthly, stop being altruistic with your dog. He’s not a person. His brain chemistry and thought process is not that of a human’s. He can be the “sweetest pibbles” for 3 straight years and then maul you to death next day. Like I’ve said, can’t domesticate an animal’s prey drive. It’s like saying you can domesticate an alligator because he hasn’t bitten you yet! 

And most importantly, keep that beast on a leash and away from innocent people in public. They don’t deserve to pay for your wrongdoings and delusion. 

Edited by Anna-Artdeco

Just now, byzantium said:

Again. You are not discussing anything of fact demonstrated by a reputable source.  You are just perpetrating unfounded fears.  I don't think you even know that Pitbulls are not even a dog breed.  

Pitbulls are a broader name for a number of dog breeds in America and other places. These include 

American Pit Bull Terrier, 

American Staffordshire Terrier.

Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

American Bulldog.

American Bully.

They all come under the umbrella term “pitbull”. They’re all easily identifiable by their box heads, beady eyes and large jaws. Unfortunately, a lot of people are wilfully ignorant about dog breeds and get one of these creatures from an adoption centre thinking they’re “lab mix” 

Just now, Anna-Artdeco said:

Nothing remotely comparable about human behaviour and dog behaviour. You quoted stats on crime perpetuated by black people in America to try and bring racism in the conversation to shut down the debate. 

No I did this to show how stats alone can lead to absurd conclusions

1 minute ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Firstly, comparing animals and humans is itself so stupid that it renders your debate meaningless but anyway. 

Agreed.  Lets not do this shall we. :) 

1 minute ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Secondly, black people, unlike Pitbulls weren’t bred for thousands of years for bloodsport.

This is absurd.  Comparing animals and humans is dumb and quite racist here.  Also, Pitbulls were not bred for thousands of years for bloodsport.  The practice really only began in the 1800s.  Honestly if you knew how dog breeding really worked, you would know this.  

5 minutes ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

If you knew anything about animal breeding then you’d know that domesticating innate traits out of animals is impossible which is why they’re bred a certain way

Animals should not be bred to cause harm.  We can agree on that.  However, I do not think a breed can have innate genetic traits from only 200 years of breeding.  

7 minutes ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Thirdly, humans and dogs are not alike in case this wasn’t obviously already. Humans don’t share the same pack mentality as dogs. We don’t have all these innate traits in common like dogs of a pack do. We are not being bred for violence. 

Again, lets not compare humans to dogs.  It is rather absurd to even bring up. 

7 minutes ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Fourthly, stop being altruistic with your dog. He’s not a person. His brain chemistry and thought process is not that of a human’s. He can be the “sweetest pibbles” for 3 straight years and then maul you to death next day. Like I’ve said, can’t domesticate an anima’s prey drive. It’s like saying you can domesticate an alligator because he hasn’t bitten you yet! 

Ma'am I don't own a dog.  But your argument that "dogs cannot be domesticated" is factually incorrect.  

8 minutes ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Like I’ve said, can’t domesticate an anima’s prey drive

Thousands of years of history between dogs and humans beg to differ. 

This thread flaring up at different intervals reminds me of the old messy ATRL threads.

:ahh:

Such a messy thread :ahh: I have to agree with those users arguing we should ban breeding & selling pitbulls. They're a public safety risk.

They're actually semi banned in my country already, you can only get one with a permit

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

This is absurd.  Comparing animals and humans is dumb and quite racist here.  

Again, lets not compare humans to dogs.  It is rather absurd to even bring up. 

YOU were the one who started comparing humans and dogs and brought Russians then Black people into the mix, worms for brains :deadbanana4: 

@Anna-Artdeco :clap3: 

On 5/8/2022 at 4:53 PM, CREATIVEREBELLION said:

Dumb owners.

Also, my mom has a pitbull and he is the sweetest baby ever. Almost ten years old and has never attacked any living thing, EVER.

I know plenty of other people who have pits and never had a bad situation. 

It really only comes down to bad owners.

this, my pitbull wouldn't hurt a fly. :clap3:

b7095bc80b3e1fdada477fabce588a68.jpg

2 hours ago, Pendulum said:

b7095bc80b3e1fdada477fabce588a68.jpg

Put a trigger warning next time or put that ugly thing in spoilers :mazen:

3 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

YOU were the one who started comparing humans and dogs and brought Russians then Black people into the mix, worms for brains :deadbanana4: 

@Anna-Artdeco :clap3: 

That Riri stan must be a troll or I can't explain this dumb behavior:bibliahh: @CaptainMusic @Anna-Artdeco both of you great job :clap3:

Go, horsie! <3