Everything posted by Anna-Artdeco
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
I think some of you need to accept that you simply do not vibe with Taylor swifts music anymore and that is ok. These are four quintessential Taylor Swift songs and it's ok not to like them but accept that you've moved past an artist's work.
-
Taylor's artist-director award was an "external" idea
I can't believe yall have let your hate for an artist blind you to the basic facts. Taylor and her team couldn't care less about the VMA's. The VMA's NEED her and just A-listers in general because it's a dying show. The "outsider" he's talking about are the producers who made up this award so Taylor would show up.
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
These are incredible. A return to form for Taylor. This is thrice now that the deluxe/follow up is better than the original. All this tells me is that she needs to let some songs marinate and not rush in pushing them out to the world.
-
Lisa promotes pervert glasses
Absolutely disgusting but expected considering how much of an airhead she is.
-
What about 'Patient Zero' is 'showgirl'?
I agree it's not in line with the established aesthetic for the album but I'm gonna wait to hear the songs and watch the video before any lashings.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Where are people getting TTPD? This looks very office sexy. I'm getting a mature version of I don't wanna live forever from the cover. I'm PRAYING the sound matches the cover.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
She looks absolutely stunning So excited
-
Beyoncé selling $950 empty box
Why are you dragging Taylor into this? Shes never priced anything this high, ever. Beyoncé and her weirdo husband are another soulless greedy billionaires. She just gets less flack for it because she's black.
-
Travis & Taylor married at MSG because they wanted an "intimate and genuine setting"
Let's not pretend Dua Lipa's wedding was any less tacky with all the live pictures and fake media attention. The worst was Caleb having a hand on her ass for their wedding picture, just embarrassing.
-
Sabrina Carpenter wins Emmy Award!
Deserved!! Congrats to her
-
Travis & Taylor married at MSG because they wanted an "intimate and genuine setting"
I gotta say as a massive swiftie this backfired for Taylor. One thing about Taylor is that she DOES want privacy… but at her own terms. She did want the crowds and adoration but not an insight into the actual event. She booked this thinking her fans will eat it up because of some of her lyrics and a stadium being iconic because of the links to her and Travis's career but it backfired massively because it's tacky as hell. She did chose MSG for privacy for the actual event but she was imagining something akin to a royal wedding without realising that you can't have it both ways for a royal wedding. Either you let people all IN the ceremony and do a public walk like the royals do so people actually have something to line up for or you have a private event. In other words she couldn't have her cake and eat it too. Ever since the eras tour she's been on a bit of a power trip and think she's above it all. Sadly from her recent interviews it doesn't seem like her bubble has burst. I hope it does soon because it's been embarrassing to watch all this play out.
- Taylor Swift removes audio of "august" and other songs from TikToks posted by Trump
-
Ariana to take break from public after tour, drops out of 'Sunday in the Park'
This is one of the cases where it's probably for the best that bullying worked. She was looking visibly unwell and if this is what it took for someone to put their foot down and intervene then so be it. Also the wording in the press release makes it seem like Ariana is still in denial/her team don't want to confirm/deny the ED which is fair but for gods sake get this girl some help and let her rest. She's been working nonstop for the last 7-8 years. I love her so much and I'm rooting for her and praying for her good health. We will always be there for her whenever she's ready to be back in the public eye.
-
Sensitive: Ariana and Karen Carpenter Comparisons
I'm actually concerned sick. I know the discourse doesn't help but as a long time Ariana fan I feel helpless and defeated watching her publicly go through this and not be able to help. We can only pray she bounces back from this and someone from her inner circle is helping her. It's heartbreaking. I genuinely couldn't watch the video without crying.
-
BLACKPINK via YG: "MANY many many years to come"
Their musical output has been so low and bad recently. Both as a group and individually. I used to be a blink but I don't care anymore
-
BLACKPINK via YG: "MANY many many years to come"
With a collab because of Tame Impala…
-
Tom Holland singled out as worst Odyssey performance, called "comic book basic"
Both him and Zendaya cannot act. I adore Nolan but that's my biggest grievance with him in terms of Odyssey - he casted two actors because of internet hype who cannot act to save their lives. The rest of the odyssey cast acted circles around them and it's only made their lack of talent more obvious.
- Which award is most prestigious? Grammy, Oscar, Emmy or Tony?
-
Selena Gomez's Rare Beauty coming to stores in Israel through parallel imports
It seems like it's a retailer and not a flagship store and even if we give Selena the benefit of the doubt and assume she didn't know this before … I hope she withdraws her brand from that country now? That's the only way to salvage this situation otherwise it's a terrible terrible look for her especially as she's made activism her entire personality.
-
Fan shouts "Taylor Swift" at Charli xcx's Q&A
She'll always live under Taylor's shadow LOL
- Selena Gomez's Rare Beauty coming to stores in Israel through parallel imports
-
Did Showgirl help or harm Taylor?
TTPD is a great album, and just like reputation, Taylor's perception and larger than life persona harmed its reception. It's a massive contributor to her discography and overall musical journey. The only redeeming thing about showgirl is Ophelia tbh.
-
Matty Healy & Gabbriette are now married
The most musty, tacky and icky people got married. Congratulations to them.
-
Madonna, Shakira and BTS to headline the World Cup Final Halftime Show
I don't get the hate. It was entertaining enough. I'd say though that nobody came close to Shakira like at all and the difference was jarring. They needed another high energy performance in place of Bieber.
-
Did Showgirl help or harm Taylor?
It may be unfortunate or a little bit misogynistic but people like to see Taylor pivot and try new things/new genres. And she's contributed to this narrative because she's always been very proud of her ability to do that. Putting out samey albums with the same bedroom pop/synth pop sound would never keep the people's interest. If she wants to maintain her reign, she needs another moment like folklore. And she needs a new narrative. This one's gonna be a lot harder to find than the good music part tbh. She had so much going for her in 2023, the stolen masters, the tour, the re-recordings, the goodwill and Grammys off folklore. She's peaked in her personal life, she got the masters, she got the man, she won the battle. What next?