• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• *-ChriZ-*

• unison stan

• GraceRandolph

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing wrong was that she stopped promoting it. Hopefully they will pick up the promotion again when Las Vegas gets announced and they push a new single along with it. I'm hopeful :duca:

Literally NOBODY expected 30 to sell as much as 21 and 25. As predicted, ATRL was quick to scream FlOp because of a sales decrease when the album actually sold quite well for 2021/2022 standards. 

3 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Literally NOBODY expected 30 to sell as much as 21 and 25. As predicted, ATRL was quick to scream FlOp because of a sales decrease when the album actually sold quite well for 2021/2022 standards. 

Nobody expected it to sell as much as 21/25 but we expected it to stay in the Top 20 let alone Top 50 longer than it has, and not be currently outsold (in the U.S) by a re-recording.

30 is a clear underperformance for Adele. 

Maybe the gays are right, maybe you really die at 30 

This is like the tenth thread of what went wrong with it.. Are ya'll that bored? 

Well the album was boring and didn't really have a massive ballad/song to carry it. Easy on me did what it could 

4 minutes ago, Death & Decay said:

The album was too personal.

You are not invited to the cookout :pfff:

I don't think anything "went wrong" per se. I just feel this is a natural decline that was bound to happen with an artist like Adele sooner or later. It was clear from 21 to 25 that she was never gonna bother with reinventing herself. 

2 hours ago, Insanity said:

Hasnt this topic been posted weekly since release?

Mte.

I don't think anything went wrong, I just think she needed to do more promo instead of showing her face for a few weeks and then disappearing and letting the singles do all the work, and then there was all the stuff with Vegas. We would've had the "I Drink Wine" video by now, so I'm not sure what she's waiting for.

2 hours ago, unison stan said:

she waited too long and stopped promoting album like after release week :rip: also still no 3rd single. still a successful album (it's best selling album of 2021 after all) but an underperformance for her standarts 

She didn't even promote the album release week... in the US at least :rip: 

Not making Woman Like Me a 2nd single :eli: 

more visuals in general tbh, imagine one for all night parking :smitten:

Edited by Yomaku

This tired topic again…

The long gap

The gp wasn’t that into the project, it’s clear they liked EOM but didn’t enjoy the rest of the album.

Her music became even more boring than it was originally, which I didnt think was possible. 

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

She didn't even promote the album release week... in the US at least :rip: 

i think she still can smash with 30. just make can i get it a summer smash and release i drink wine as 4th single :duck:

Honestly, just two simple factors - she appears to have already ended the era besides two UK summer shows and maybe a residency, and there’s no viable hit single left that could actually manage to revive it at this point.

Do you gays ever get tired of posting this exact same thread week after week? I’ve seen it posted like 50 times now :toofunny3: :zzz:

She said she'd rather be frontloaded than have longevity if it means selling the same amount in the end and put all the promo for "Easy On Me" which is carrying the era and said "I'm good" after having the #1 IFPI global album of 2021 in 6 weeks of sales 

Edited by naval23

11 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Nobody expected it to sell as much as 21/25 but we expected it to stay in the Top 20 let alone Top 50 longer than it has, and not be currently outsold (in the U.S) by a re-recording.

30 is a clear underperformance for Adele. 

This is where you guys give yourselves away. She's out of the top 50. It's not being "outsold by a re-recording" it's being outsold by FORTY-NINE albums. The fact that y'all zero in on your fav vs Adele is what makes everyone think you're pressed.

Also, the whole calling Red "a re-recording" is getting stale, as if that album didn't have 9 whole new, never heard before tracks, including 3 collabs and a hotly anticipated song that was talked about for like, 10 years :rip: Adele's entire album has 12 tracks. Red TV is doing well all the power to her, but there's nothing impressive about a re-released album with NINE NEW SONGS and THREE COLLABS doing well. There are far more impressive chart runs currently outselling both Adele and Taylor. Hollywood's Bleeding is right there, for instance.

Also can we stop asking "what went wrong?" already :rip: atp this is a weekly thread. Just bump one of the old ones and be done with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.