Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

13 minutes ago, Kety said:

Yawn is a fhlop and has been unable to connect with new gen kpop fans ala UI despite her attempts. Poor her but at least she sold 250k with INVU, so scones better buy albums so SNSD could match that because if they don’t, the impending lashing on social media….:deadbanana4:

Well, are we really expecting more than 200k for SNSD? They have been inactive for 5 years and their last album sold 160k. 

 

Also, we are at the point where a Taeyeon solo comeback can generate more sales/success than a SNSD comeback imo. 

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

13 minutes ago, Kety said:

Yawn is a fhlop and has been unable to connect with new gen kpop fans ala UI despite her attempts. Poor her but at least she sold 250k with INVU, so scones better buy albums so SNSD could match that because if they don’t, the impending lashing on social media….:deadbanana4:

SNSD will outsell her... but I don't expect them to sell much north of 300k.

Sones are too old and won't be bulk buying like these teenage 4th gen stans, and maybe we have to support that

avi.thumb.jpg.e159a4933d5d23809d0056c06c

33 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

So it was true that this thread is full of she ep who let nostalgia get to them. The sheeps are so predictable :devil: 

I will come for all of y'all and shut y'all down later!! You guys need to understand that I also like SM groups especially SNSD and aespa, but you guys also need to understand that I AM A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING!

 

TWICE ARE THE 3RD BIGGEST KPOP ACT OF ALL TIME!! 

stop embarrassing yourself that's just pathetic attention wh**e :bibliahh:

The way BTS keep smashing despite not having hype on ATRL:deadbanana4: 

 

 

i thought I would hate but the song is cute and the mv beautiful :clap3:

snsd might not sell as much albums as the top GGs but I do feel like they can have a big hit

like koreans are longing for them

I feel there is demand for them

plus SM GGs are slaying in general

it's different than in 2017

I also hope their comeback won't be as rushed as in 2017 but the reality show news gives me hope :chick1:

27 minutes ago, Flomik said:

not yet but it's getting there

I think RAK is a given, not sure about PAKs

 

I would be surprised if YTC didn't get PAK given the hype of their very likely last cb as OT7 before possible group hiatus

Edited by discreetinside

Yeah I dunno RV have outsold SNSD’s total but no one would say they’re bigger than SNSD? So why is that not the case for Twice seeing as we’ve all clearly acknowledged that it’s a much bigger market now.
 

It’s apples and oranges honestly there’s no use comparing. If SNSD were selling 500k albums in 2011 do you know how much that would be in this economy? :rip:
 

Twice are bigger commercially and more global. Overall though I wouldn’t call Twice the bigger group. They haven’t done as much for Kpop as SNSD period.

Edited by Cotton

1 minute ago, Cotton said:

Yeah I dunno RV have outsold SNSD’s total but no one would say they’re bigger than SNSD?

No, SNSD sold over 7,80M albums overall (last update from 2017). The only girl groups that sold more is Twix and maybe BP (with solo albums).

So are Sooyoung, Seohyun and Tiffany signing new contracts with SM or will SNSD be promoting on a new sub-label?

 

Because if they're not doing either of those things, that's serving up major hypocrite energy. 

2 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

No, SNSD sold over 7,80M albums overall (last update from 2017). The only girl groups that sold more is Twix and maybe BP (with solo albums).

Oh right I was talking Gaon sales but yeah I forgot about their Japanese sales.

3 minutes ago, Cotton said:

It’s apples and oranges honestly there’s no use comparing. If SNSD were selling 500k albums in 2011 do you know how much that would be in this economy? :rip:

True.  We could follow the same logic and compare digital sales over the years, which of course makes no sense and only the 2nd generation groups would benefit

 

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

So are Sooyoung, Seohyun and Tiffany signing new contracts with SM or will SNSD be promoting on a new sub-label?

 

Because if they're not doing either of those things, that's serving up major hypocrite energy. 

I think the companies will just work together.

7 minutes ago, Cotton said:

Yeah I dunno RV have outsold SNSD’s total but no one would say they’re bigger than SNSD? So why is that not the case for Twice seeing as we’ve all clearly acknowledged that it’s a much bigger market now.
 

It’s apples and oranges honestly there’s no use comparing. If SNSD were selling 500k albums in 2011 do you know how much that would be in this economy? :rip:
 

Twice are bigger commercially and more global. Overall though I wouldn’t call Twice the bigger group. They haven’t done as much for Kpop as SNSD period.

Red Velvet have more hits than SNSD

 

rsz_1tumblr_no1c09rr3r1twy5flo6_516.thum

49 minutes ago, Hendery said:

Ngl this is cause Taeng stopped promoting on music shows/varieties after Fine era

 

she literally just did concerts which kind of effected her international presence because before she was even bigger than IU internationally. Now some newer kpop stans don’t even know who she was before weekend when she actually started promoting again:deadbanana4:

this. I (her debut smash) was literally doing CIRCLES around IU's 23 which was her comeback song for 2015. Taeyeon destroyed all the girls globally in 2015 but decided to stop promoting during Fine, puta!

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

No it's not the same, cause Twice have sold more in their whole career than SNSD. Like I'm talking about overall and not who's hotter right now.  And Twice are still stomping on aespa and IVE worldwide, let's be real. You really thought you did something :rip:

 

It’s exactly the same. IVE selling 600k 5 months after debut and Aespa 1M on their second mini. What seriously makes you think they wont outsell Twice overall with the way they’re pacing rn? Twice’s second mini sold like 300k. I mean come on now

Someone who said Momoriah has the best vocals in Twice triggering yall this much is really fun to witness ngl, sheep, the circus of the thread
avi.thumb.jpg.e159a4933d5d23809d0056c06c

snsd bigger in korea, bp bigger ww and twice are #2 for both it’s pretty obvious :lakitu: 

  

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

No it's not the same, cause Twice have sold more in their whole career than SNSD. Like I'm talking about overall and not who's hotter right now.  And Twice are still stomping on aespa and IVE worldwide, let's be real. You really thought you did something :rip:

and in like 3 years aespa is gonna outsell tLICE's whole career if they remain selling 1M+ on each cb :gaylorcat2:

 

tlice outselling soshi doesn't mean **** when both are from different eras, all your takes on this thread have been extremely dumb tho so no one's surprised, maybe the effect of listening to momo too much? :lakitu:

4 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

snsd bigger in korea, bp bigger ww and twice are #2 for both it’s pretty obvious :lakitu: 

twice is not #2 in korea

1 hour ago, ItsJustMe. said:

omg I didn't know the 2nd season started today :duca:

 

this is so cute

why is minho such a legend? :worship: wish he had a cameo this season too

 

 

same :jonny6: i needed more scenes of him with jinyoung

2 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

twice is not #2 in korea

They kinda still are overall. BP will probably surpass if they have longevity but we can’t ignore the peak and the amount of hits Twice have had there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.