• SlayMeQueen

mother:smitten2:Plastic Hearts is her best album

The best Ex-act thread 

Attention sounds so good! The mixing on the album is spectacular. :heart:

• 1 month later...

MILEY CYRUS

THE QUEEN OF POP-ROCK

ab67616d0000b273ecefbb245706615f71036b9e51sMPY8z5OL.jpgEwsSP0OXIAkYFW8.jpg

Miley_Cyrus_-_Can't_Be_Tamed.pngmiley-cyrus-bangerz-deluxe.jpg?w=980&q=75EDQ_TbDWkAAV2ET?format=jpg&name=large

mileyyoungernow-1503027887.jpgPlastic%20Hearts_Miley%20Cyrus.jpgUntitleddesign_1_07570e8f-4145-40da-8b6f

Miley Cyrus, in full Miley Ray Cyrus, original name Destiny Hope Cyrus, (born November 23, 1992, Franklin, Tennessee, U.S.), American singer and actress whose performance on the television show Hannah Montana (2006–11) and its related soundtrack albums catapulted her into stardom.

Cyrus was born to country singer and actor Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife, Tish, and grew up on her family’s farm outside Nashville. Her sunny disposition as a child earned her the nickname “Smiley Miley.” (She had her name legally changed to Miley Ray Cyrus in 2008). Though her father was initially reluctant to let her follow in his show business footsteps, at the age of nine she landed a role in an episode of his TV series Doc. Another role, in the film Big Fish (2003), followed.

In 2005 Cyrus auditioned for the lead role in Hannah Montana, a Disney Channel series about a girl who leads a double life as a normal middle-school student and, with the help of a blonde wig, as a glamorous pop singer. Though initially deemed by executives to be too small and young for the character, she persisted and won the part. The show debuted the following year (featuring Billy Ray as her TV dad) and became an immediate sensation, scoring record ratings for cable television and turning the 13-year-old into a bona fide star. Aiming to capitalize on the show’s obvious youth-market appeal, a soundtrack album featuring the music of Hannah Montana was released in 2006 and eventually sold more than three million copies. It was followed by the equally successful Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus (2007), which was packaged as a double CD, with half of the material under Cyrus’s own name.

In late 2007 Cyrus embarked on a national tour called Best of Both Worlds in support of her latest album. Two concerts from the tour were filmed and presented as a 3-D movie; it made more than $30 million in its opening weekend despite having been released only to select theatres. Although already well known to the preteen demographic, she gained wider exposure in early 2008 as her song “See You Again” crossed over to the pop charts. Later that year she released the album Breakout and voiced one of the leading roles in the animated film Bolt. For the latter, Cyrus cowrote the single “I Thought I Lost You,” which was nominated for a Golden Globe Award.

Though her celebrity status had increased, Cyrus continued to perform as Hannah Montana in various media. In early 2009 she starred in Hannah Montana: The Movie and sang on its soundtrack, and she later issued two additional soundtrack albums (2009, 2010) for the TV show before its final episode aired in 2011. Meanwhile, Cyrus continued to record under her own name for the EP The Time of Our Lives (2009), which featured the hit “Party in the U.S.A.,” and the full-length album Can’t Be Tamed (2010). In addition, she took starring movie roles in the romantic drama The Last Song (2010) and the low-budget coming-of-age tale LOL (2012).

In 2013 Cyrus released the album Bangerz, which departed from her earlier work in its embrace of hip-hop influences and its frequently adult-themed lyrics. Her new style was epitomized by the single “We Can’t Stop,” a bouncy ode to hedonism that she notably performed, in controversially risqué fashion, at the MTV Video Music Awards. The ballad “Wrecking Ball,” meanwhile, became Cyrus’s first song to top the Billboard singles chart. She then veered away from the mainstream with Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015), a collection of loosely psychedelic songs recorded in large part with the rock band the Flaming Lips and made available for free on the Internet. Younger Now (2017) featured a number of ballads and country-infused songs, one of which was a duet with Dolly Parton. Cyrus’s seventh studio album, the rock-infused Plastic Hearts (2020), further highlighted her versatility. x

MileyC%20%20%20.jpg

Stream Miley's latest album Plastic Hearts

---

Discuss the iconic singer-songwriter, activist, and actress MILEY CYRUS here!

Edited by Perfect Crime

Did she not have a page on updated ATRL until now? :rip:

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

hopefully she announces something music related on the late night show tonight 

Underrated :heart2: Such a beautiful song, the emotional maturity >>> most of the other girls

13 hours ago, Pink Whitney said:

hopefully she announces something music related on the late night show tonight 

nn she didn't :toofunny2: but she looks AMAZING

One of my favorites right now

Bangerz truly is that album, Dead Petz will always have a spot in my heart, YN has its cute spots. PH is that *****

Is she working on new music? I remember hearing something awhile ago but never an update 

9 hours ago, CREATIVEREBELLION said:

Is she working on new music? I remember hearing something awhile ago but never an update 

She was definitely doing something with Mike Will not too long ago. We’ll probably be seeing a release by the end of the year to early next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish this thread was more active but there’s not much to discuss rn I guess. Hopefully we get M8 news soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Midnight Sky is her best song EVER :jonny5:

i still get ******* chills every time I listen to this song… I can’t believe this wasn’t her biggest hit

• 4 weeks later...

I really thought the album would be coming this year but she’s so silent. Usually she’s pretty active on social media and drops the lead 4+ months in advance :chick3: I need it Mildred

Also I know that her doing rock music has been great for her career/image, but given how dance music is making a comeback in the mainstream, I’d LOVE for her to give us a full dance album. She does it so well. Who Owns My Heart, Liberty Walk, Nightmare>>>. We need a full electropop album from her. 

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

• 2 weeks later...

Where my ATRL Smilers at ? No but in all seriousness, we used to be one of the most prominent fanbases back in the day and now, we have a tragic inactive thread on the biggest pop forum online. Let's not event talk about our presence on Stan Twitter, Wtf happened to us :rip: ?

10 hours ago, youngpopariana said:

Where my ATRL Smilers at ? No but in all seriousness, we used to be one of the most prominent fanbases back in the day and now, we have a tragic inactive thread on the biggest pop forum online. Let's not event talk about our presence on Stan Twitter, Wtf happened to us :rip: ?

I feel like she stopped engaging with us (which is not her fault, it's the same situation with Gaga, her fans were so hypercritical of everything until Plastic Hearts), plus her eras literally never last beyond a second single. But I do wish her base was more active, she's so underrated and consistently aside from a few songs here and there makes great music. I really hope we get another album this year, she was teasing so much and now she's been silent for so long. 

10 hours ago, youngpopariana said:

The thing is Miley lost A LOT of fans during the Dead Petz era, many fans were alienated by her trashy hippe image and all the craziness going on at the time. Most of those ex fans became arianators btw. So many smiler stan accounts became arianators at the time. (Love me some Ariana too tho) :rip:

Younger Now flopping to oblivion and the sudden drastic image change again made her lose another chunk of the remaining fanbase, so, this is where we're at.

It doesn't help she has been quite inactive for months now. That being said, Plastic Hearts was probably Miley's first era since Bangerz that helped her gain new music listeners rather than lose, so she's stepping in the right direction for the new era. 

Edited by Scars

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.