Miley Cyrus

onna

31 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I feel like she stopped engaging with us (which is not her fault, it's the same situation with Gaga, her fans were so hypercritical of everything until Plastic Hearts), plus her eras literally never last beyond a second single. But I do wish her base was more active, she's so underrated and consistently aside from a few songs here and there makes great music. I really hope we get another album this year, she was teasing so much and now she's been silent for so long. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she has changed her my mind over the new sound and is re-recording everything as we speak. :toofunny2:

I'm still bitter over the possibility Mirror and F*cked Up Forever were scrapped from the album tho. They sound better than everything on PH (and that means a lot). :monkey:

Edited by Scars

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scars

• HeavyMetalAura

• Pink Whitney

• SlayMeQueen

47 minutes ago, Scars said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she has changed her my mind over the new sound and is re-recording everything as we speak. :toofunny2:

I'm still bitter over the possibility Mirror and F*cked Up Forever were scrapped from the album tho. They sound better than everything on PH (and that means a lot). :monkey:

I haven't listened to either because I listened to the Plastic Hearts leak in April 2020, so when the album came out the only new songs for me were Never Be Me and High :skull: which happen to be my two faves from that record actually so it was still worth the wait!

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised either if she scrapped everything. I'm sure she's continuing the rock sound but I'd love for her to give us a true dance/electropop record as her next reinvention. She sounded so natural doing that 2010 robotic Britney sound on Can't Be Tamed/Who Owns My Heart/Liberty Walk, I can just imagine that but in the 2020s context of the house re-emergence. It would be a total slay and if she really embraces her gay fanbase she'll benefit from that I think. 

Also I NEED the studio version of You. Give it to me NOW Mildred. 

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I haven't listened to either because I listened to the Plastic Hearts leak in April 2020, so when the album came out the only new songs for me were Never Be Me and High :skull: which happen to be my two faves from that record actually so it was still worth the wait!

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised either if she scrapped everything. I'm sure she's continuing the rock sound but I'd love for her to give us a true dance/electropop record as her next reinvention. She sounded so natural doing that 2010 robotic Britney sound on Can't Be Tamed/Who Owns My Heart/Liberty Walk, I can just imagine that but in the 2020s context of the house re-emergence. It would be a total slay and if she really embraces her gay fanbase she'll benefit from that I think. 

Also I NEED the studio version of You. Give it to me NOW Mildred. 

By the time Miley finally releases something, this house trend will be over. :skull: I'm not sure if her current voice would've suit a full on EDM record, but the electro-rock sound she did for Who Owns My Heart for the iHeart Festival was perfect. I'd def love to hear more of that from her.

The way she dropped TWO live versions of You in the same live album but we have no idea if it's going to be on the new album or if she even did a studio version to begin with. :dies: a truly mess

Edited by Scars

Her personal life is a hot mess right now. We're probably not getting an album this year. :rip:

Edited by Scars

8 hours ago, Scars said:

Her personal life/family issues is a hot mess right now. We're probably not getting an album this year. :rip:

Omg this is the first I'm hearing about any of this. Tried Googling but didn't find anything. Does anyone know what's going on? 

edit: yasss second page coming for page 3 in 2023

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

46 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Omg this is the first I'm hearing about any of this. Tried Googling but didn't find anything. Does anyone know what's going on? 

edit: yasss second page coming for page 3 in 2023

Miley's parents divorced earlier this year and the family has basically split because of it. :rip:

Noah unfollowed her mom earlier this on IG (x), but they're following each other back now. Miley unfollowed her dad.

Miley is very family-oriented and close to her mom, so fans are speculating there's drama going on.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:32 PM, Scars said:

Miley's parents divorced earlier this year and the family has basically split because of it. :rip:

Noah unfollowed her mom earlier this on IG (x), but they're following each other back now. Miley unfollowed her dad.

Miley is very family-oriented and close to her mom, so fans are speculating there's drama going on.

Damn that's really sad, they always seemed like one big happy family so something pretty bad must have gone down :'( I know that Tish and Billy Ray have separated a few times now, so I'm sure tensions have been brewing over the years. Hopefully they all work it out. 

Apparently Billy Ray unfollowed Miley today :chick3:

Miley's Tennessee home was sold for $14.5 million on August 15 according to Zillow too. I wonder what's going on with everything?

What's happening with Miley?

(Also I think Miley unfollowed Demi bc Demi and Noah Cyrus apparently had a fall out when Demi got closer to Tana, but mostly from Noah's end bc Noah blocked Demi on instagram lmao)

edit: nvm it’s been this way since March. Still interesting though 

Oh it’s bad bad 

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

family drama better not mess with the album release. I heard it's suppose to be so good

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 6:28 PM, HeavyMetalAura said:

I feel like she stopped engaging with us (which is not her fault, it's the same situation with Gaga, her fans were so hypercritical of everything until Plastic Hearts), plus her eras literally never last beyond a second single. But I do wish her base was more active, she's so underrated and consistently aside from a few songs here and there makes great music. I really hope we get another album this year, she was teasing so much and now she's been silent for so long. 

I like your theory about Miley's evolving dynamic with Smilers. I'm glad someone else on ATRL is thinking about her base thread :). 

I also would like for her next record to come out before the end of the year but maybe she should release M8 in 2023 cuz next year will be 10 years since Bangerz. That album changed her career trajectory. It'd be special to highlight its anniversary with a new body of work. If she starts the era in early 2023, then that means we have just a few more months to wait. 

PS I apologize for responding 1 month later btw. I know it's kinda weird to bump this thread now. I kept postponing my notifications for the Miley base and then I finally got enough and decided to interact with the users who quoted me. 

On 8/15/2022 at 6:48 PM, Scars said:

The thing is Miley lost A LOT of fans during the Dead Petz era, many fans were alienated by her trashy hippe image and all the craziness going on at the time. Most of those ex fans became arianators btw. So many smiler stan accounts became arianators at the time. (Love me some Ariana too tho) :rip:

Younger Now flopping to oblivion and the sudden drastic image change again made her lose another chunk of the remaining fanbase, so, this is where we're at.

It doesn't help she has been quite inactive for months now. That being said, Plastic Hearts was probably Miley's first era since Bangerz that helped her gain new music listeners rather than lose, so she's stepping in the right direction for the new era. 

I was aware that Miley's polarizing image during the Dead Petz era turned off many of her hardcore fans aka Smilers but I never really connected the dots to them switching to Ariana's fandom in mass. I know some hybrid MC & AG stans like myself but I didn't know there were stans that completely ditched Miley for Ariana. I guess it's the whole ex-act thing huh ! I hope that those stans can still support Destiny every now and then even if they're not super fans anymore. 

You are absolutely right ! Younger Now was an obvious factor in her demographic loss. That Billboard Magazine interview tainted the era and Miley's image for certain people till this day. Such a bummer ugh...

I agree about Plastic Hearts helping her gaining some momentum back commercially. Although, they could have pushed that era even more tbh. There were so many great singles choices left on PH. Now I feel like  she doesn't just have the Smilers for the next era. She has the casual fans she accumulated doing covers in the past 2 years. She has a solid demographic for her future endeavors. Let's hope she'll strike while the iron is still hot :coffee:

PS I'm sorry for responding 1 month later btw. I know it's kinda weird to bump this thread now. I I regret waiting all this time for 2 quick messages. My bad !

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scars said:

Do we believe she is really coming this time, sisters? @youngpopariana @HeavyMetalAura :celestial5:

I believe it tbh. Plastic Hearts is turning 2 soon. It’s kinda time for a new album cycle. I could definitely see her releasing M8’s lead single before next year but if that’s the case, then the actual record will drop in early 2023 me thinks. 

Milene better give us bops like “Hate Me” and “Golden G String“ on M8. The collapse it would make inside of me chile:jonny5:

3 hours ago, Scars said:

Do we believe she is really coming this time, sisters? @youngpopariana @HeavyMetalAura :celestial5:

I hope so! September seems like a weird time to start an era though, especially since the Christmas radio freeze is coming up. But I think Q1 2023 she’ll finally make a comeback. 

When she drops the album if February after she gets announced for the halftime show:jonny:

6 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

When she drops the album if February after she gets announced for the halftime show:jonny:

I BEEN saying this for years omg. Even though she hasn’t been a consistent mainstream force for a while now, she’s got the classics to do it. The Climb, PITUSA, We Can’t Stop and Wrecking Ball are all well-known and iconic songs. Add a new single, and a medley with Dolly and Billy Ray (assuming they’re on good terms) and you’ve got a killer Half Time show. 

Happy 5th anniversary to Younger Now :rainbow:

Miley Cyrus Photos (1154 of 4607) | Last.fm

''Thinkin'' is the smash hit that got away

On 9/29/2022 at 11:39 PM, youngpopariana said:

Happy 5th anniversary to Younger Now :rainbow:

Miley Cyrus Photos (1154 of 4607) | Last.fm

''Thinkin'' is the smash hit that got away

Week Without You is my fav

I used to HATE Inspired but now I love it

On 9/23/2022 at 7:40 PM, Pink Whitney said:

I guess not

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.