Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Iaintsorry said:

Joker 2 flopping is already being compared to 143 and JLo 

it was bad for us it was really bad for us

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

6 minutes ago, Kimi said:

right? asib was carried by gp, like dwas is and we let her jazz flop two times in a row. what else can we do 

spacer.png

What if I told you all of her projects are carried by the GP, and that her core fanbase has never been big enough to get her the #1s and success 

 

spacer.png

 

There's a reason everyone knows TF / TFM singles, idk why liddos pretend Gaga just became a GP darling when she ditched the meat dress

Edited by TedLasso

11 minutes ago, Pop said:

I blame Little Monsters for enabling Gaga throughout the past 10 years, telling her she is an amazing actress and pretending to like boring jazz and ballads. 

 

Don't even get me started on the unnecessary Love For Sale, Hold My Hand and Harlequin. 

Are liddos even streaming those? 

 

Pxv2n0j.gif

Well, I was here on page 8888 but I missed the 9000. I can only keep coming here with empty hopes a few too many times after all

 

Pxv2n0j.gif

Edited by GagaMegaFan

Just now, Smarticle said:

Are liddos even streaming those? 

 

Pxv2n0j.gif

Of course we are streaming Harlequin

 

Smarticle

hate when yall mentioning Hold My Hand in bad light. that song should have been the new Take My Breath Away

Pxv2n0j.gif

Edited by Mariah4life

10 minutes ago, Kimi said:

TFM turns 15 this year, can we hope for something?

spacer.png

a vinyl at least

 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

What if I told you all of her projects are carried by the GP, and that her core fanbase has never been big enough to get her the #1s and success 

Like, why are we getting the blame for jazz, ballads, and movies, when she chose to do all that herself when pivoting. The initial GP reception was great that's why she kept doing it

 

 Pxv2n0j.gif

I feel like the teasing will start today, no matter the holiday. 7h13min

34 minutes ago, Hair said:

 

Still nothing 

 

spacer.png

At least we get Harlequin this time. It gets better!

 

ezgif-4-cdf4f67fb7.gif

7 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

What if I told you all of her projects are carried by the GP, and that her core fanbase has never been big enough to get her the #1s and success 

 

spacer.png

 

There's a reason everyone knows TF / TFM singles, idk why liddos pretend Gaga just became a GP darling when she ditched the meat dress

I'm sorry to make this comparison, but Katy Perry was more of a GP artist, which is why her fanbase can't even push her albums onto the charts anymore.

 

Denying how crucial Gaga's fandom was to her rise would be untruthful. She built one of the most loyal and engaged fanbases in recent memory. She brought us into her world, even inviting us into her hotel room every night after the Born This Way Ball. We had power like the Swifties, both online and when it came to sales.


The Fame and The Fame Monster are legendary because they were truly iconic and remain some of the best-selling records in history.

 

Tracks from TF, TFM, and Born This Way keep going viral, even with newer generations, because they capture quintessential GAGA—something that's been missing lately and something people clearly want back. 

 

7 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

What

Idk people said someone is comparing her career to JLO's :dies:

Having a thread dedicated specifically to miserable OGHs (the GAGOVER one) is so funny to me. But just sayin, it should be merged with the official JFAD thread.

Edited by Spicy Pisces

Going to see JFAD soon officially:gaycat5:

Just did a rewatch of Joker, some points I noticed and wanted to say.

Smile and That's Life are frequently used in the first film, also a lot of Jazz background music. But still the musical choice is odd, maybe I'll understand it better, because to me if they did the same like the first film with Jazz music reference it would still work. Even make Harleen a comedy enjoyer could be less off putting to general public.

Even though Joker himself said he is not at all political about his action (probably Toad's vision too), it is treated as one by critics and fans for the first film. It led to a heated discussion around the first release. I think this is the main reason he did the second film, to debunk the political connection. It's a stupid commercial mistake and I wonder if Todd hid his intentions when he pitched 2nd film to the management. But artistically, I understand.

I think the love story is very much needed parallel to the first film and brilliant choice honestly. This is the only way to break him out of his Joker character he took on. Him experiencing true love heartbreak after the delusional one is the final nail in the coffin for him that no one in the world love him and understand him, not his followers in the film, not Harleen, and even more so by the response, the fans irl. He wanted to be noticed, he got that by his followers, but I think what he truly wanted was to be understood and to be loved. But no one gave him that sincerely.

If this film isn't tied to a commercial franchise and a comic character, I think it would be seen as at least good film. It's a pity. But that's why the first film was a wild success. So that's the dangerous game Todd played and ''he got what he deserved''.

19 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

I feel like the teasing will start today, no matter the holiday. 7h13min

I feel like especially since most of the people in the US are not working today it would make sense to start something, no?

8 minutes ago, opbranden said:

I'm sorry to make this comparison, but Katy Perry was more of a GP artist, which is why her fanbase can't even push her albums onto the charts anymore.

 

Denying how crucial Gaga's fandom was to her rise would be untruthful. She built one of the most loyal and engaged fanbases in recent memory. She brought us into her world, even inviting us into her hotel room every night after the Born This Way Ball. We had power like the Swifties, both online and when it came to sales.


The Fame and The Fame Monster are legendary because they were truly iconic and remain some of the best-selling records in history.

 

Tracks from TF, TFM, and Born This Way keep going viral, even with newer generations, because they capture quintessential GAGA—something that's been missing lately and something people clearly want back. 

 

I'm not denying that Gaga once had a large and strong connection with her fanbase, I'm saying every time she's been "big" it's because the GP was listening. The GP listened to and still  listen to TF / TFM tracks. They know BTW, TOEG, Applause, etc. Meanwhile not once has Gaga had a single hit hard purely based on this large fan base support, or else we'd have B-sides like Venus sitting at 1B streams, random  #1s, etc. And all these old tracks being boosted are also because the GP cares enough to support them. If little monsters wanted Judas and Bloody Mary to be hits they would've been hits in 2011, not 10 years later. 

19 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

I feel like the teasing will start today, no matter the holiday. 7h13min

I feel like especially since most of the people in the US are not working today it would make sense to start something, no?

8 minutes ago, opbranden said:

I'm sorry to make this comparison, but Katy Perry was more of a GP artist, which is why her fanbase can't even push her albums onto the charts anymore.

 

Denying how crucial Gaga's fandom was to her rise would be untruthful. She built one of the most loyal and engaged fanbases in recent memory. She brought us into her world, even inviting us into her hotel room every night after the Born This Way Ball. We had power like the Swifties, both online and when it came to sales.


The Fame and The Fame Monster are legendary because they were truly iconic and remain some of the best-selling records in history.

 

Tracks from TF, TFM, and Born This Way keep going viral, even with newer generations, because they capture quintessential GAGA—something that's been missing lately and something people clearly want back. 

 

I'm not denying that Gaga once had a large and strong connection with her fanbase, I'm saying every time she's been "big" it's because the GP was listening. The GP listened to and still  listen to TF / TFM tracks. They know BTW, TOEG, Applause, etc. Meanwhile not once has Gaga had a single hit hard purely based on this large fan base support, or else we'd have B-sides like Venus sitting at 1B streams, random  #1s, etc. And all these old tracks being boosted are also because the GP cares enough to support them. If little monsters wanted Judas and Bloody Mary to be hits they would've been hits in 2011, not 10 years later. 

1 minute ago, TedLasso said:

I'm not denying that Gaga once had a large and strong connection with her fanbase, I'm saying every time she's been "big" it's because the GP was listening. The GP listened to and still  listen to TF / TFM tracks. They know BTW, TOEG, Applause, etc. Meanwhile not once has Gaga had a single hit hard purely based on this large fan base support, or else we'd have B-sides like Venus sitting at 1B streams, random  #1s, etc. And all these old tracks being boosted are also because the GP cares enough to support them. If little monsters wanted Judas and Bloody Mary to be hits they would've been hits in 2011, not 10 years later. 

No one can have big hits purely based on fanbase (except maybe Taylor). So the size of fanbase is never the reason a hit is big, but it could be the factor of how hard you flop.

18 minutes ago, Spicy Pisces said:

Having a thread dedicated specifically to miserable OGHs (the GAGOVER one) is so funny to me. But just sayin, it should be merged with the official JFAD thread.

At this rate they should create an OGH base, so it will be easier for us to downvote them to oblivion, just like the GP and critics with JFAD

 

Pxv2n0j.gif

I'd thought from the start that the lead would be released on the last Friday of October (even before the flop of Joker etc) so I'm not panicking yet.
On the other hand, I have a feeling that her mini concert for Harlequin will never be released...

why is street saying Mr.S confirmed a Harry 18th release? anyone got a screenshot?

 

But i'm already a 25th believer anyway so lol

double post

Edited by notshawn
double post

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.