Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Is That Alright? should be at 2+ billion streams and 100x platinum but it was cut from the movie and sits at <150 million streams, why? :clack:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Gaga's songs with the least amount of total streams 

 

#1: The Queen 9,100,000

#2: Fashion of His Love 11,700,000

#3: Disco Heaven 15,200,000

#4: Highway Unicorn 16,800,000

#5: Jewels N Drugs 18,300,000

 

 

"They drank and made music together. As I recall in the book, Lias wrote lyrics about sex trafficking and he and Gaga sang them together. It was an unholy duet"

 

 

If the leaks are real can we get this song 

1 hour ago, Puttanesca said:

If those snippets are real why have they been chilling on twitter for 5 hrs? :huh:

I have my doubts but the girlfriend snippet was on youtube and twitter for a day and a half before it was taken down. 

I just can't believe Gaga was working with the likes of Mark Ronson, Beck, Father John Misty, Florence Welsh, and jamming with the Sean Lennon and the Fat White Family and Joanne is the album we got from that period. The alternative album she could've made would've been so ******* amazing. 

7 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I just can't believe Gaga was working with the likes of Mark Ronson, Beck, Father John Misty, Florence Welsh, and jamming with the Sean Lennon and the Fat White Family and Joanne is the album we got from that period. The alternative album she could've made would've been so ******* amazing. 

I honestly feel like she traps herself into making perfect pop songs. And don't get me wrong, I love me a good pop song, but she's definitely capable of going arts not the charts.

 

I wonder how much pressure Interscope puts on her, but surely she's established herself enough to do whatever she wants in the studio?  Who knows lol

15 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

I honestly feel like she traps herself into making perfect pop songs. And don't get me wrong, I love me a good pop song, but she's definitely capable of going arts not the charts.

 

I wonder how much pressure Interscope puts on her, but surely she's established herself enough to do whatever she wants in the studio?  Who knows lol

It's honestly a question I'd love to ask her if I ever got the chance to discuss her artistry. Because it's very apparent with Joanne and Chromatica that she'd rather make a handful of palatable and wide reaching pop songs than really explore and dedicate a record to a niche sound or audience. Like pop songs are cool, don't get me wrong. But why would you surround yourself with such creative forces like Boys Noize to put out a pop song like Rain on Me. It's like using lemons to make lemon water instead of lemonade. Some of us want that niche **** Gaga 

Edited by TedLasso

While I'm still not convinced, I'm ngl these snippets do kinda be HITTING today

 

vilettuce-damn.gif

I just listened to all of the alleged snippets on the d-word site and genuinely can't tell if they're real or not…  
 

Her vocals don't sound Dope'd enough but maybe she's trying something new with softer deliveries. AI almost NEVER gets her tone right, and why would someone make a potato quality, fake AI'd snippet? But then again, maybe it's just a starved Liddo recording an AI generated song through an iPod nano for texture to make it sound more real and get a quick kii. Idk. 
 

Also the Girlfriend/Garden of Eden song is DEFINITELY not the Dance in the Shadow song if these snippets are indeed real. 

 

spacer.png

Edited by frankvert

3 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

IVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS

 

WHY IS IT BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL WTF?!?!?

 

 

AFRahw7.gif

 

 

 

These synths are all in the final version just more in the background. You can hear them better in the Dolby Atmos mix. Maybe your money up with Apple Music or better headphones! 
 

spacer.png

Edited by frankvert

Can someone please come to my direct messages and share the supposed leak. We can blame Sarah Tanno together too. 

28 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

It's honestly a question I'd love to ask her if I ever got the chance to discuss her artistry. Because it's very apparent with Joanne and Chromatica that she'd rather make a handful of palatable and wide reaching pop songs than really explore and dedicate a record to a niche sound or audience. Like pop songs are cool, don't get me wrong. But why would you surround yourself with such creative forces like Boys Noize to put out a pop song like Rain on Me. It's like using lemons to make lemon water instead of lemonade. Some of us want that niche **** Gaga 

Yeah, especially since her radio-focused palatable GP bait never fully clicks :rip:

 

Her appeal is so obviously not as a standard hitmaker or basic pop artist and it's been frustrating to see her smooth out all the rough edges over the years. Hopefully LG7 is a step forward for her. 

52 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

It's honestly a question I'd love to ask her if I ever got the chance to discuss her artistry. Because it's very apparent with Joanne and Chromatica that she'd rather make a handful of palatable and wide reaching pop songs than really explore and dedicate a record to a niche sound or audience. Like pop songs are cool, don't get me wrong. But why would you surround yourself with such creative forces like Boys Noize to put out a pop song like Rain on Me. It's like using lemons to make lemon water instead of lemonade. Some of us want that niche **** Gaga 

I feel like she's perpetually stuck between wanting to please fans and her label and wanting to please herself. As much as she talks about being an artist and following her own path, I think the people pleaser inside of her always wins out in the end. Ironically, that attitude often leads to music that falls short of being what she is truly capable of. I don't know if she'll ever be able to just let go of expectations and just go at it. :jonny: 

  • ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, TedLasso said:

It's honestly a question I'd love to ask her if I ever got the chance to discuss her artistry. Because it's very apparent with Joanne and Chromatica that she'd rather make a handful of palatable and wide reaching pop songs than really explore and dedicate a record to a niche sound or audience. Like pop songs are cool, don't get me wrong. But why would you surround yourself with such creative forces like Boys Noize to put out a pop song like Rain on Me. It's like using lemons to make lemon water instead of lemonade. Some of us want that niche **** Gaga 

i acc appreciate the balance but given that her first 4 projects were very niche spawning hits, i wonder do she ever look back and wonder.

There's a 2:07 video on YT that stitches together all the snippets. The latter half is the 17 sec one in different qualities looped over.

 

The parts that are giving me pause though are 0:13-0:18 and 0:36-0:50 because they're so Gaga-esque and some of these elements are really hard to replicate but the lyrics are verging on borderline nonsensical tbh :suburban:

 

 

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

I just realized she missed a Monday announcement and now I'm fully in the 2025 camp or a surprise release. :jonny: 

24 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

There's a 2:07 video on YT that stitches together all the snippets. The latter half is the 17 sec one in different qualities looped over.

 

The parts that are giving me pause though are 0:13-0:18 and 0:36-0:50 because they're so Gaga-esque and some of these elements are really hard to replicate but the lyrics are verging on borderline nonsensical tbh :suburban:

 

 

Maybe this song will be her "Say It Right" where the lyrics make no ******* sense but the song's so good that no one minds :suburban:

 

Also just realized that the quality of the snippets is basically -> :suburban:in audio forum 

the weirdly pitched melodies , i'd rather the base go back to random rankings

:suburban:

THERE'S A CAVEAT (?) UNTIL THE EDGE OF

 

tenor.gif

 

 

EVERY TABOO IS SCARED TO DEATH OF

 

tenor.gif

 

3 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

I have my doubts but the girlfriend snippet was on youtube and twitter for a day and a half before it was taken down. 

There's still ones on YouTube that have been up for over two weeks :rip:

Is it just me, or do some parts in this song sound like Caroline Polachek's voice? Especially the "so do as I said, cry all you wanna" part. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.