• Replies 159.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Damn how many diamond certifications does she have in Brazil total?? 

i noticed this a while ago but thought i'd tweet about it cause its kinda crazy

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BlondUnicorn said:

New Brazilian certifications (still updating):

Rain On Me 2x Diamond

Bad Romance Diamond

Applause Diamond

Fun Tonight 2x Platinum

Enigma Platinum

LoveGame Platinum

Look What I Found Platinum

Hair Body Face Gold

Chromatica II Gold

John Wayne Gold

:clap3:

these certifications are kinda weird, love game 1x platinum the same as look what I found and is that alright? surely the fames third single was more popular that those asib deep cuts? 

I just rewatched ASIB and I forgot that it's a solid movie! Bradley and Sam Elliot really ate. The whole cast was great. 
Gaga should be really proud of that movie 

I'll rewatch HoG next week

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Leptine said:

I still want her to be cast in his 'Cleopatra', I don't care for controversy or the usual tiring discussions about her being white or not, you just know it's gonna be a serve and Gaga would devour perfectly that role.

Zendaya is definitely playing that role

47 minutes ago, Bojana said:

these certifications are kinda weird, love game 1x platinum the same as look what I found and is that alright? surely the fames third single was more popular that those asib deep cuts? 

Most of these are based on streams, I guess, so songs from the streaming era benefit more.

4 hours ago, Miracle said:

We should ask him to tell us about LG7...if Gaga keeps any contact with him (which I think he doesn't  even if Gaga's mentioned him in a couple 2020s interviews tbh,she's got zero pics since 2018) 

2 minutes ago, Miichael said:

oh wow...oh wow...

let's ignore it

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Miichael said:

She needs to fire joe from her team :bird:

4 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, the elephant in the room or a wrong opinion, but

Reveal hidden contents

Pop and jazz switched sides for her, her pop career is a side hustle now.

Just ask yourself: why is she doing only jazz shows in Vegas for 4 years now?

fde.gif

I maintain the main reason she focuses on jazz shows mostly now is because she suffers from fibromyalgia and her pop shows with choreo can be very physically demanding, it's much easier on her health and her body to be standing on stage in a dress singing jazz tunes. We should actually be grateful for JazzGa because something was always going to give and she was not going to be able to keep up the insane pace of her pop career in a way that was safe for her health and the jazz shows gave her a way of still being able to be on stage and be Lady Gaga in between pop albums. The myth that jazz shows stop her from doing pop is so weird, because if it wasn't for the jazz shows we'd probably just get nothing in between.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

I maintain the main reason she focuses on jazz shows mostly now is because she suffers from fibromyalgia and her pop shows with choreo can be very physically demanding, it's much easier on her health and her body to be standing on stage in a dress singing jazz tunes. We should actually be grateful for JazzGa because something was always going to give and she was not going to be able to keep up the insane pace of her pop career in a way that was safe for her health and the jazz shows gave her a way of still being able to be on stage and be Lady Gaga in between pop albums. The myth that jazz shows stop her from doing pop is so weird, because if it wasn't for the jazz shows we'd probably just get nothing in between.

she shakes her ***** during those jazz shows too 

I caved and bought the BTW H&M hoodie and I hope she doesn't get a penny. :ryan3:

6 minutes ago, Kimi said:

she shakes her ***** during those jazz shows too 

and you need the difference between that and a 2+ hour pop show explained to you ?

c673297f03129cf877bfb0b568fd51af.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Miichael said:

It's called MONEY, HONEY.

Her revenue from the jazz shows is much bigger than the pop residency. The tickets are more expensive and it's just easier to plan and perform. 

45 minutes ago, Miichael said:

and you need the difference between that and a 2+ hour pop show explained to you ?

nobody is forcing her to dance like its 2010

you can adapt you know? and her jazz **** is still quite dynamic so my point still stands

• Like 1

Every review of Challengers seems highly positive and they are heaping praise on Zendaya for her performance. I sense she could be a favorite for actress behind Amy Adams.  

Gaga still had the chance to blow everyone's mind with her portrayal of HQ. 

31 minutes ago, LykkeLi said:

It's called MONEY, HONEY.

Her revenue from the jazz shows is much bigger than the pop residency. The tickets are more expensive and it's just easier to plan and perform. 

Sure that is part of it, but it's definitely not the sole reason. Her workload and performance style considerably changed during her battle with fibromyalgia, and there were several times during Enigma where she was visibly in physical pain and powering through it. As an artist who still wants to perform on stage, of course she is going to choose the option that is safer and less physically demanding than what is required for a full pop show when she can. That's just common sense.

4 minutes ago, Kimi said:

nobody is forcing her to dance like its 2010

you can adapt you know? and her jazz **** is still quite dynamic so my point still stands

what is your point? that gaga focusing on shows that are less physically demanding has nothing to do with the fact that she has fibromyalgia? or that "shaking her ass" in jazz shows is just as physically demanding as a 2+hour pop show where almost every song has full choreo?

Just now, Miichael said:

Sure that is part of it, but it's definitely not the sole reason. Her workload and performance style considerably changed during her battle with fibromyalgia, and there were several times during Enigma where she was visibly in physical pain and powering through it. As an artist who still wants to perform on stage, of course she is going to choose the option that is safer and less physically demanding than what is required for a full pop show when she can. That's just common sense.

what is your point? that gaga focusing on shows that are less physically demanding has nothing to do with the fact that she has fibromyalgia? or that "shaking her ass" in jazz shows is just as physically demanding as a 2+hour pop show where almost every song has full choreo?

my point is that it sounds like a very lazy excuse. you can do pop shows without overworking yourself. she picks jazz for other reasons. its not about health.

• Like 3

Just now, Kimi said:

my point is that it sounds like a very lazy excuse. you can do pop shows without overworking yourself. she picks jazz for other reasons. its not about health.

Well yeah, you can do pop shows without overworking yourself... but that's also easy to say when you don't suffer from fibromyalgia. She has managed to find a way to do them without overworking herself, by reducing the amount of them (keeping Vegas as jazz, limiting TCB to 20 dates), which was exactly my point in the first place. If it was solely about money she'd be doing more than 8-12 jazz shows a year in Vegas and would have extended her last world tour beyond only 20 dates. It's not hard to connect the dots.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Miichael said:

I would be in severe pain as well if I had such seizure inducing choreography, "Aura" I am looking at you.

1 hour ago, TrymeB said:

Every review of Challengers seems highly positive and they are heaping praise on Zendaya for her performance. I sense she could be a favorite for actress behind Amy Adams.  

I think she has a shot at a nom but I'd be floored if she became seriously win-competitive. It really doesn't seem like that type of role.

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrymeB said:

I think it'll be Amy > Saoirse Ronan > tie b/w Zendaya and Angelina in terms of Ga's biggest competition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.