Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Ye, I'm done with this forum until something, related to her dead/abandoned music career, happens. She's changed and is not the same woman who was driven by her passion for performance, music and piano. She's lost it.

l9h-dM.gif

• Replies 145.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Wait not me thinking last night that the July performance was for 2025 and that it was currently late 2024 :skull: Let me clear my head

Hope that secures some votes for SSOH :gaycat1:

23 minutes ago, RandomHooker said:

Ye, I'm done with this forum until something, related to her dead/abandoned music career, happens. She's changed and is not the same woman who was driven by her passion for performance, music and piano. She's lost it.

l9h-dM.gif

cause whenever she shows passion for her art and her performance (Joanne) y'all drag her

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

So next year the race is in the hands of Globes and BAFTA (unless weird things happen), SAGs will happen after the Oscar voting ends.

BAFTA will happen 2 days before Oscar voting ends, so the Globes will have even more impact after supposed to be over (which worries me).

2 minutes ago, Leptine said:

So next year the race is in the hands of Globes and BAFTA (unless weird things happen), SAGs will happen after the Oscar voting ends.

BAFTA will happen 2 days before Oscar voting ends, so the Globes will have even more impact after supposed to be over (which worries me).

If GG puts JFAD in Comedy/Musical, I'm really confident she can win Actress. In Drama… still many performances to be seen.

I know everyone make fun of Nicki Minaj but her era turns out to be success. With 3 or 4 singles charting for 20 weeks on Hot100. #1 - #25- #15 - #13 as their peaks and all of them certified platinum in US. 

I would love a Gaga era like this tbh.

2 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

If GG puts JFAD in Comedy/Musical, I'm really confident she can win Actress. In Drama… still many performances to be seen.

Yeap at this point it would be for the best if the Comedy/Musical category happens but I'm still not sure, given also the confirmation of this remaining rated R with nudity-violence, we'll see, I can't think of a music movie with those elements that was put on comedy-musical category.

For example 'Dancer in the Dark' with Bjork, a musical with very strong violent-dramatic scenes put her in drama.

2 hours ago, Resquid said:

Girl where's the DRIVE?!?!, the passion, the fire?!?! :monkey: she used to say she's a musician through and through, that she could write a pop song in under 10 minutes. It's incredible what Fame did to her. No interest whatsoever. Couldn't be bothered. They practically had to tie her to her piano for her to finish Chromatica. And now no album til 2025??

She was su*cidal. That's how depression works :michael: You lose interest in things. 

Going off of her IG posts this year about making music, it sounds like she's in a good place again, so it makes me excited to hear what she cooks up with a clearer frame of mind 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

I know everyone make fun of Nicki Minaj but her era turns out to be success. With 3 or 4 singles charting for 20 weeks on Hot100. #1 - #25- #15 - #13 as their peaks and all of them certified platinum in US. 

Nicki made a TikTok'd Coi Leray'd album and relied on the nostalgia and familiarity of popular songs to use them as samples. I don't think GodGa would sell out like this. We already have Ava Max doing that on the pop front. 

• Like 1

I'd rather she flop while making music she is really passionate about than create something that lacks integrity just to get a few quick lil hits on the BB charts. 
Living Lady Gaga GIF by Apple Music

• Thanks 9

It's high time the Globes separated Comedy category from Musicals. They aren't in the same realm. J:FaD is going to be a great example of a musical that isn't a comedy. 
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

Was La La Land nominated in the drama or comedy/musical category? 

Does Kisten Dunst's role in "Civil War" have any potential for a BA nom? The movie is being very well received by critics and the GP. 

Edited by TrymeB

27 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Nicki made a fool of herself clowning for chart hits and made material that wasn't seen in a positive light. And for what, ONE top ten song? Chromatica had two top 5s.

I'd rather Gaga wait to perfect another opus than serve a TikTok'd/Twitter'd/basic pedestrian album. Gaga has always managed to get one major hit from each of her releases being intentional with her creativity, and she should stick to that.

GG will be interesting since the new batch of voters are mostly international journalist. The first Joker was well received overseas so hopefully the same goes for JFAD

38 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

Comedy/musical. Emma Stone won the C/M GG for Best Actress that year, Isabelle Hupert won in drama. 

35 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

Does Kisten Dunst's role in "Civil War" have any potential for a BA nom? The movie is being very well received by critics and the GP. 

We'll see it if (and Challengers) can maintain momentum throughout awards season since they released so early. Awards season for 2024/2025 hasn't really kicked into gear yet. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

aH2vhke.gif

This is masterpiece on so many levels :jonnycat: like my faves doing one of the best pop songs ever released :jonnycat:

• Like 2

It's upsetting that we'll never get a performance of Hey Girl :weeps:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

'Comedy/Musical' but that fit perfectly that category, there isn't violence-nudity or those themes.

The only musical movie with dark elements I can think of it's the Bjork one and she was put in drama category for it.

Sweeney Todd, a violent movie musical was nominated in Musical at the Globes bc it was a musical, right where JFAD will be :bird:

58 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

It's high time the Globes separated Comedy category from Musicals. They aren't in the same realm. J:FaD is going to be a great example of a musical that isn't a comedy. 
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

There aren't enough movie releases of that genre to make that difference, musicals that not fit in comedies are basically not existent and for them it makes sense to put them in drama like they did with ASIB or the music biopics.

Also we don't know how the musical element will play in JFAD, the people who worked on it still claimed that there is music involved but that can't be considered traditional musical, that is why I still think this going to be in drama like first 'Joker', even if the 'Comedy/Musical' category would be more ideal for a win prospective.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.