Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I'm glad for all the positive reactions to the teaser but I won't allow myself to get overjoyed until we see the film itself :jonnycat:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

We stan actress L. Gaga in this haus :ghostface:, what's an LG7

40 minutes ago, Chileno said:

noT 200k likes :wanda:

 

 

Try 300k. 

 

tenor.gif

- October opening record 

- First October movie to open above $100m

- Biggest fall opening 

- Biggest opening for an R movie 

- WB's domestic opening record 

 

From most to least likely, I wonder how high it can go. FáD only needs to stay flat in terms of admissions to secure the October opening from its predecessor and only a 10% increase on its opening numbers to land in the $130m range which would challenge Deadpool for the R rated record.

 

A decrease due to a box office that is still trying to rebuild itself post-pandemic and has shown can be a cruel place to even the biggest IP if the movie seems superfluous is obviously a possibility, but it's clear from the response to the trailer the cultural cache is still there and people are perched and are treating it as a movie event to take seriously. I can't see it making less than Dune / Godzilla x Kong as a floor even if the word of mouth is mixed.

 

 

I think the next trailer will be from Harley's perspective. Just like Todd released first set photos of Arthur alone, and then Harley's.

33 minutes ago, Miichael said:

J Lo is also a little different because she established herself as an actress before a pop star. It's actually hard to think of any pop star or musical artist in decades who has established themselves as not only being an acclaimed actor but also a movie star in the way Gaga has (and is continuing to build on) besides Will Smith. Justin Timberlake managed a successful acting career, but a lot of his biggest movies are supporting roles or rom-coms and he's never really had the type of critical acclaim that Gaga has received. Of course there are other musical artists that have had steady and successful acting careers like Lenny Kravitz, Mary J Blige, Janelle Monae, Queen Latifah, but none of them are really box office draws in the way Gaga has been embraced. It really doesn't get mentioned enough just how truly impressive her film career is.

100% agreed. Gaga the company you keep, the legend you are :clap3:

48 minutes ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

We stan actress L. Gaga in this haus :ghostface:, what's an LG7

Unless actress L. Gaga is doing movies every year, we will be discussing new music :bird:

17 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Unless actress L. Gaga is doing movies every year, we will be discussing new music :bird:

Someone can't read jokes :psyduck:

1 minute ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

Someone can't read jokes :psyduck:

How about another joke, Murray

She really is in a good position this time around. Her third movie after two critically acclaimed performances and one so many thought she was robbed an Oscar nomination for. This movie is right up the alley of the Critics Choice, Golden Globes, and SAG Awards :jonny: I think the only thing that will hurt her is if the movie itself is panned, but I do not see that right now.

7 minutes ago, Sannie said:

She really is in a good position this time around. Her third movie after two critically acclaimed performances and one so many thought she was robbed an Oscar nomination for. This movie is right up the alley of the Critics Choice, Golden Globes, and SAG Awards :jonny: I think the only thing that will hurt her is if the movie itself is panned, but I do not see that right now.

spacer.png

I so funny to me how for all of Gaga's roles, there are always Gee Pee members in the comments like "wow I had no idea that was lady Gaga!” :rip: 

Contender for highest grossing film of all time here we go

 

04f3ec81d1abc2b5bc97a9638face4f0066e3672.gif

 

 

We need LG7 to tie in with Joker 2 hype.

 

Please don't do the same mistake with the ASIB-Chroma timeline again. We need LG7 before Venice and hopefully Joker 2 will give it a second wind through awards season.

Yeah I'm sure she'll do cross promo if she does end up dropping an album before the film. She's already going to be on those late night talk shows, might as well tie the album in 

The only shot I don't like is the one where they both kick their legs up. It's so fanservicey in a corny way.

24 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

I so funny to me how for all of Gaga's roles, there are always Gee Pee members in the comments like "wow I had no idea that was lady Gaga!” :rip: 

I swear there's always some reaction videos where they will watch the whole trailer and then Gaga's name appears at the end and they are like

 

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

 

:rip:

9 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Dropping an album before this movie will be a mistake. 

 

8 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Dropping an album before this movie will be a mistake. 

Music not the bling :clap3:

 

Fr though who cares, we wanna hear music

17 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The only shot I don't like is the one where they both kick their legs up. It's so fanservicey in a corny way.

How so? It would've been a miss to not reference the iconic choreography from the stairs scene now that Joker has his Lady. I'm also pretty sure that's the tap dance number the crew member was talking about, so I expect that scene in particular will deliver in spades 

 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to her next film/role? It probably won't be announced until summer 2025 like with JFAD.

 

UsoYifr.png

No. You made a valid point. She's supposed to be auditioning for something right now if she wants a consistent actress career. 
 

UsoYifr.png

Also a reminder that, for better or worse, NONE of these artists (besides Ariana maybe) would've booked these roles if it weren't for Gaga. Ik Harry had Dunkirk before ASIB but his role was essentially a cameo, rather than leading roles like DWD & MP post-ASIB. Her rapturous success with ASIB truly opened the doors for pop stars to turn to acting in this generation. And no one on this site is ready for that conversation.
 

spacer.png

 

Examples below. 
 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.