Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I was wondering if this nortec #ad has any thing related with her COVID stay at home concert? Like she received some amount of donations but in exchange she has to the the ad?

 

Idk maybe she just likes money honey 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Resquid said:

Big pharma has 20% of America turned into opioid addicted zombies. It's not just another brand deal like watches or champagne.
Not judging her tho, I understand it's easy money for her.

Pfizer doesn't market opioids

 

 

1 minute ago, Resquid said:

Big pharma has 20% of America turned into opioid addicted zombies. It's not just another brand deal like watches or champagne.
Not judging her tho, I understand it's easy money for her.

Also big pharma is only has a really small part in this, governments, economy and USA lifestyle are to blame 

 

What if J:FAD is sponsored by Nurtec and we will see it integrated in the film like Pepsi Cola was in the Madame Web movie?

fgUWvQ7.gif

Just now, Miracle said:

Also big pharma is only has a really small part in this, governments, economy and USA lifestyle are to blame 

 

Lovely to have Gaga at the center of this delicate and extremely nuanced debate :heart:

Maybe she was like here is the last #AD for now because starting tomorrow my new era begins, solely focusing on JFAD content

 

spacer.png

Just now, Resquid said:

Lovely to have Gaga at the center of this delicate and extremely nuanced debate :heart:

You are the one who basically said Gaga is contributing to the opioid crisis in the US-

 

Trailer - Tuesday

Single LG7 - Friday

 

A clown can dream!!! :clown:

Just now, Miracle said:

You are the one who basically said Gaga is contributing to the opioid crisis in the US-

 

Yeah that's exactly what I said didn't I? Again, wonderful that she's leaving the door open for this sort of debate.

9 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I just don't get why Google Chrome, champagne, Tudor watches or Oreos are okay but not really good medication. I agree with the fact that it cheapens her brand a bit but I don't see how it makes her less or more desperate for money than other brands, as if she couldn't get another brand deals that would give her as much or more lol

Google, Don Perignon and Tudor Watches aren't the #1 financial contributor to the Republicans who overturned Roe vs. Wade... that would be Pfizer, who Gar has decided to take cheques from. 

 

Definitely a choice given what her brand is supposed to stand for.

 

Silver lining is TEOG promo, always here for that. 

 

cTKtt6V.png

Really? We're debating if Pfizer contributes to America's opioids crisis? That's not really the main issue.

 

No matter what you believe, pharmaceutical companies have a proven track record of using lawsuits and intimidation to stop the government from negotiating fair and accessible prices for life-saving drugs. It's not a debate, it's a fact. It's unfortunate Gaga wants to associate her brand with that. 

 

How much it matters to each of us will be different, but it's certainly not something worth trying to defend from a moral lens. It's one of the very few issues where you'll find universal agreement politically in the US. :rip: 

27 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I just don't get why Google Chrome, champagne, Tudor watches or Oreos are okay but not really good medication. I agree with the fact that it cheapens her brand a bit but I don't see how it makes her less or more desperate for money than other brands, as if she couldn't get another brand deals that would give her as much or more lol

 

Edit: Okay apparently very few things pay better than pharma. Travis Kelce was paid $20M to promote the COVID vaccine, I feel like it might be even more from Nurtec. Who the hell would say no to 20M for a 20 seconds video and a post with already recorded footage from your tour lmao

 

There is no difference, these people are just hypocrites. They are thinking about how it makes them look as stans and that is it, because their lives are dictated by what people on the Internet says. Every. Single. Popstar. has had questionable, weird collaborations with companies. Beyonce jumped on a plane and flew to Dubai to perform for elite politicians who jail and kill gay people because the check was big enough an stans LOVED it lol. Gaga is getting her check for a medication she most likely uses due to her chronic pain/illness. It makes sense for her on a personal level.

 

Edit: morally, it is weird, can not deny that. Business wise, I do not care.

Edited by Sannie

Big pharma is only an issue in yankeelandia like we don´t care.

 

I am ready for the trailer.

 

cTKtt6V.png

I'm less worried about any company being politically leaning, as it's almost expected that big businesses give to the right-wing for lower tax rates. This is a bit different as people literally die from not being able to afford medication. 

Just now, hausofbryan said:

I'm less worried about any company being politically leaning, as it's almost expected that big businesses give to the right-wing for lower tax rates. This is a bit different as people literally die from not being able to afford medication. 

True, but Lady Gaga is neither the cause nor the fix for the corrupt, messed up American healthcare system.

  • Author

Well... that #ad better be the last one before she starts her main imperial era.

 

1 minute ago, Sannie said:

True, but Lady Gaga is neither the cause nor the fix for the corrupt, messed up American healthcare system.

Sure, I agree with you. But I think we can all also agree it's weird for her to link her brand to it.

 

At the end of the day, I'll still bop to Chromatica and get pumped for Joker. On the other hand, I understand why some are really bothered by it (especially if they have any personal experience with healthcare affordability issues, it can be very emotionally charged.)

Edited by hausofbryan

Kind of funny how everyone is mad about an #ad while waiting for the JFAD trailer, which is technically another #ad.

 

cTKtt6V.png

  • Author

It is interesting to see Billie not dropping any singles before the album's release. She is trying to see which one will do well and then release it as a single. Just like what Taylor is going to do with her new album. 


I can see Gaga doing the same in future, which will be good because her lead single from the last two eras (minus ASIB) has been an atrocious one. But will they have time to prepare the MV and things like that?

Just now, DoctorIce said:

Kind of funny how everyone is mad about an #ad while waiting for the JFAD trailer, which is technically another #ad.

 

cTKtt6V.png

At least that has artistic value. 

 

:khalyan2:

3 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Sure, I agree with you. But I think we can all also agree it's weird for her to link her brand to it.

 

At the end of the day, I'll still bop to Chromatica and get pumped for Joker. On the other hand, I understand why some are really bothered by it (especially if they have any personal experience with healthcare affordability issues, it can be very emotionally charged.)

I have a hard time believing many of the Gaga fans mad are mad because of some moral dilemma they are having about this, but that is not something that can be proved at the end of the day. I would have more pause if we were not aware of the actual pain she endures on a daily basis because of her chronic pain, but I believe she probably does use this medication or something like it so at least it is "genuine" in that way. When I see people like Taylor partnering with Capital One to convince her fans to go into massive amounts of debt to come to her shows, or Beyonce taking blood money from LGBTQ-killing elite, I feel like this is just par for the course for these girls. They are not going to turn down the millions.

20 minutes ago, Resquid said:

Big pharma has 20% of America turned into opioid addicted zombies. It's not just another brand deal like watches or champagne.
Not judging her tho, I understand it's easy money for her.

But see, you could make the silly argument that her Oreo partnership was immoral because snack companies rely on the obesity industrial complex to make a profit. Negative externalities are not exclusive to pharmaceuticals, and there are positive developments and innovations taking place in pharmaceuticals.

 

Migraine pills are not something to get worked up over, at least not enough to peg her a "pharma shill". Getting migraine pills when she's given no music is what we should actually get worked up over.

Trying to make the audience feels a contrast to the Harley character tomorrow, I see you Gaga.

 

cTKtt6V.png

 

Rated GagaR for strong violence, language throughout, some sexuality and brief full nudity. 

 

giphy.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.