Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

https://thecentraltrend.com/148467/opinion/the-tiktok-umg-music-ban-is-harming-more-than-just-the-audios-on-tiktok/

While I agree that this will be detrimental to their artists in the short-term, I feel like some of the concerns are legitimate, I mean at least assuming this is true:

On Jan. 30, UMG wrote about its decision to not renew its contract. It explained that TikTok refused to meet UMG’s requests to support its music artists—requests that include AI protection, proper payout, and stricter policies regarding user safety and harassment.

Maybe other labels/music groups should be doing the same.

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 hour ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Selena bombed hard and she doesn't even have tiktok to save her song. Hopefully UMG works something out. We could be getting a much bigger boost right now. 

This is true. UMG pulling music from tiktok kinda killed selena’s entire era. 
Radio or playlisting payola wont save it. 

While we wait for LG7 news, stream SOTY from AOTY:

 

2 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

This is true. UMG pulling music from tiktok kinda killed selena’s entire era. 
Radio or playlisting payola wont save it. 

I don't think it was just that. She's been losing popularity online for the past few months and her last single bombed even with a big push. But yeah, tiktok could still work as a saving grace even in this scenario. 

16 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

https://thecentraltrend.com/148467/opinion/the-tiktok-umg-music-ban-is-harming-more-than-just-the-audios-on-tiktok/

While I agree that this will be detrimental to their artists in the short-term, I feel like some of the concerns are legitimate, I mean at least assuming this is true:

On Jan. 30, UMG wrote about its decision to not renew its contract. It explained that TikTok refused to meet UMG’s requests to support its music artists—requests that include AI protection, proper payout, and stricter policies regarding user safety and harassment.

Maybe other labels/music groups should be doing the same.

 

This is a big lie. Do you think UMG wouldnt renew their contract if they got the money they asked for from Tiktok? 

Tiktok won, they didnt lost anything from their UMG contract. 
 

2 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

This is a big lie. Do you think UMG wouldnt renew their contract if they got the money they asked for from Tiktok? 

Tiktok won, they didnt lost anything from their UMG contract. 
 

Yeah, it's possible. 

Gaga up to #13 for women on Spotify, surpassing Adele. Nearing the Top 10 with no release. 

 

:gaygacat3:

5 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Gaga up to #13 for women on Spotify, surpassing Adele. Nearing the Top 10 with no release. 

 

:gaygacat3:

At #52 today was her highest position on the artist chart this year (beating 01/01's #53 placement). Hopefully she manages to beat last NYE position, #50, that would be cool. Still think the boost would've been a lot bigger without the UMG ban. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

18 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

While we wait for LG7 news, stream SOTY from AOTY:

 

Taste! :clap3:

Gaga should only care about Beyoncé and Taylor releases. Selena debuted at #50. I'm predicting it will go as bad for Camila. She'll ofc avoid Billie cause she's the other big female artist from Interscope, but she doesn't need to worry about anyone else. She'll be fine. 

 

Poker Face and Bad Romance playing back to back at gym :ryan3:

28 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

At #52 today was her highest position on the artist chart this year (beating 01/01's #53 placement). Hopefully she manages to beat last NYE position, #50, that would be cool. Still think the boost would've been a lot bigger without the UMG ban. 

Apparently Its much better for her to not do anything for months then do big fornite promo for 4 year old albums with nothing new

:gaygacat3:

Selena already had a lead single which they released on Miley's single day as cross promotion AND it got so much payola/autoplay. not surprised they've pulled back when she's already cost them money on a non-hit. Gaga will get at least one good shot at her for her return after 4 years. Porbably part of the point of her not releasing means when she does release it maximises exposure

:gaygacat3:

Edited by Mr. Stratus

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Apparently Its much better for her to not do anything for months then do big fornite promo for 4 year old albums with nothing new

:gaygacat3:

She's fighting an uphill battle without tiktok + NYE's eve boost is pretty major, so if she ends up besting it I think it's worth celebrating. 

gaygacat3.png

Spoiler

though I'm definitely being forced to eat my own words when I said this boost would be huge nnnn

 

Everyone at UMG needs an old-school ass beating.

 

giphy.gif

With our luck, a resolution between UMG and TikTok will be reached the month after LG7 is released :rip: 

If Gaga is going for a rock sound, I really don’t think TikTok was going to be a big support 

 

:suburban:

Anyone remembers checking itunespopbars.com and seeing Million Reasons pearched in the top 5 like forever?

54 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

If Gaga is going for a rock sound, I really don’t think TikTok was going to be a big support 

 

:suburban:

Hmmm...

And could you tell me what GaGa music went viral on FadTok after the year 2013 anyway ?

I'll wait.

 

yourgirlfriend22-pink.gif

Edited by Mr. Stratus

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Hmmm...

And could you tell me what GaGa music went viral on FadTok after the year 2013 anyway ?

I'll wait.

 

yourgirlfriend22-pink.gif

I get a kick out of you.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Hmmm...

And could you tell me what GaGa music went viral on FadTok after the year 2013 anyway ?

I'll wait.

 

yourgirlfriend22-pink.gif

None and she did release Joanne (a rock’ish country Americana  album) and ASIB (another rocki’ish, folk’ish and country album). Both failed. Chromatica, apart from short and small ROM appearance also failed. That leaves us with nothing basically. And rock music will not make a splash for Godga, neither on TikTok nor on the charts. Lbr.

Edited by DonnieDarko

The fact that the ig photos in the studio were not to prepare the imminent release of LG7 lead but just to boost her visibility before fortnite announcement...

 

However, I can't blame people who thought music was imminent when she started throwing photos around for a week.

25 minutes ago, TheOrangeTree said:

The fact that the ig photos in the studio were not to prepare the imminent release of LG7 lead but just to boost her visibility before fortnite announcement...

 

However, I can't blame people who thought music was imminent when she started throwing photos around for a week.

 This is so sad :weeps:

I still believe in 2024 tho. In 2025 LG7 would be a two years old record :rip: 

Walk with me. Lead March 1st, album April 12th. Fortnite performance late March, SNL for album release week. 

 

I'd prefer an album release in May since her eras are already so short but there's no way they're gonna waste the Fortnite Festival for nothing (well now that I think about the Haus and their f#ck ups...)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.