Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’d rather get Chromatica Reloaded: The Re-Up than some Plastic Hearts/Purple Rain album. Sorry. 

Seeing its recurrent, no one wants that

4 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Seeing its recurrent, no one wants that

Do people want a Prince inspired album from Gaga? What are Janelle Monae’s recurrent streams like?

6 minutes ago, hypocrateen said:

that's nice! this is the thread I was reading Gaga recording Born This Way + Trivia - Gaga Thoughts - Gaga Daily

it seems pretty accurate about everything else though :ninja:

Yep they just got the Clarence thing wrong, he came in January and not April

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Do people want a Prince inspired album from Gaga? What are Janelle Monae’s recurrent streams like?

As if Janelle has the exposure Gaga ever had… like please

I would rather only get jazz albums from now on than to get ChroMAGA 2.0 tbh

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Do people want a Prince inspired album from Gaga? What are Janelle Monae’s recurrent streams like?

I don’t think that’s a valid comparison however a Gaga rock album will flop miserably, especially on streaming and this fanbase will be begging for pop music in a matter of weeks after the release of LG7.


Having said that, I’m sure it won’t be a rock album. 

28 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/exclusive-how-e-street-band-saxophonist-clarence-clemons-ended-up-on-lady-gagas-new-album-250834/
 

THREE WEEKS AGO E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons was putting together an exercise machine in his Florida house when his wife told him that Lady Gaga‘s people were on the phone. “They said to me, ‘Lady Gaga wants you to play on her album,'” Clemons says. “This is on a Friday afternoon at 4:00 pm. I said, ‘When do you want me to do it? I’m free Monday or Tuesday.’ They go, “No, she needs you RIGHT NOW in New York City.” Clemons dropped what he was doing and started driving to the airport. “I almost got a ticket I drove so fast,” says Clemons. “It was wild. I was so excited. I’m a Gaga-ite.”

The absolute praise from all kinds of music legends barely 2 years into her career. Oh Gaga :ghostface:

5 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

I would rather only get jazz albums from now on than to get ChroMAGA 2.0 tbh

https://bornthisway.foundation/get-help-now/

6 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Wait a Janelle feature on LG7 would eat so hard :WAP:

Janelle is a great artist, I would love that :WAP:

Y’all are gonna be complaining two months after a rock album lbr. We’ll be hearing about “no proper pop album with a full rollout in a decade” FOREVER. 

I thought I wanted Gaga to just commit to alternative rock/funk-rnb and ditch dance-pop music FOR GOOD back in 2019 but then Chromatica came along and proved me wrong. So I'm not going to expect anything from the genre/sound of LG7. 

I don’t understand why everyone wants Gaga to ditch dance-pop? It’s like if Lana fans wanted her to become a heavy metal artist. Gaga is primarily a dance-pop artist. 

55 minutes ago, frankvert said:

Looking online I’m seeing that vinyl production can take anywhere from 8-20 weeks. If she’s still recording until March (hypothetically), it means vinyls could be ready anywhere from May-August for LG7’s release 

I think we can assume Gaga has enough power to jump the queue and get a vinyl ready in more like 8-10 weeks. Ari was recording until the end of December and is releasing the first week in March, so for big names with big fanbases, 2 months is plenty of time. 

 

Those reports of it taking 6-ish months were due to production delays caused by COVID, but it's back to normal now.

13 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Having said that, I’m sure it won’t be a rock album. 

I'm not so sure, in the studio pics she is looking extremely casual. That scares me :coffee:

  • ATRL Moderator

i dont mind her doing dance pop. but its clear thats no longer her true passion, she wants to experiment/try other genres. 

Just now, Devin said:

i dont mind her doing dance pop. but its clear thats no longer her true passion, she wants to experiment/try other genres. 

Watch her release a basic pop album 

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Gaga is primarily a dance-pop artist. 

Is she, though? In the past ten years, since 2014, we've gotten:

 

2 jazz albums

1 folk-inspired pop album

1 folk-inspired soundtrack album

a bunch of one-off singles like Hold My Hand, Sweet Sound of Heaven, Don't Let me Be Misunderstood, Your Song, etc

..... and Chromatica. 

 

She may be known as a dance pop artist primarily, but in a literal sense, she hasn't been one since 2013.  For the past decade she's released more folk/country inspired pop and jazz than dance music. 

 

I still don't want her to ditch dance pop, but it makes perfect sense for the fans who've stuck around this long to not be that interested in it anymore. It's not like she's been catering to us. 

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

9 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Janelle is a great artist, I would love that :WAP:

 

On a track like this but with more electric guitars :WAP:

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

 

On a track like this but with more electric guitars :WAP:

this is what i expected chromatica to be

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.