Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

33 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

I'm sorry, but wtf. You can be a pop star AND have an informed and educated point of view. In my country, there's this pop star who had no access to higher education and started working to support her family when she was like 12 or 13, and every time she speaks about politic, she's on the right side, always eloquent... So to suggest that a pop star or someone who didn't go to Harvard would be incapable of giving a coherent and well-informed speech on politics is just wrong.

Nobody has suggested literally that, it was an example and ironic way of saying that these arguments are out of her field if you want them to be explored in a certain way, speaking of tone-deaf, Gosh.

 

Gaga has proved multiple times to be informed, eloquent and educated on various arguments, but you can't expect her to have a say on everything, that's my point.

 

Are we really put Gaga on trial for not even knowing her thoughts on a matter? If she stayed silent she definitely had her good reasons, y'all really trying to find anything to complain about this woman.

32 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

Gar is a lib through and through. We should be grateful for even that considering who her father is. :eli:

 

In all seriousness, she's never been radical with her politics or touched upon super controversial issues. I don't expect that to change. 

:rip: Y'all are just lying at this point. 

1 hour ago, Summer Boy said:

I love Stefani, but I fear she would say something tone deaf about it or worse, defend Israel :rip: so, it's maybe for the best she doesn't say anything! 

If you want to know where her feelings is on this subject then her liking this post on Instagram should give an answer https://www.instagram.com/p/Cyq9NdXA410/?img_index=1

29 minutes ago, Dragha said:

for what :suburban:

Album Ranking 2024 (Desperate for News Edition) [ATRL Liddo's Version]

:suburban:

20 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Nobody has suggested literally that, it was an example and ironic way of saying that these arguments are out of her field if you want them to be explored in a certain way, speaking of tone-deaf, Gosh.

 

Gaga has proved multiple times to be informed, eloquent and educated on various arguments, but you can't expect her to have a say on everything, that's my point.

 

Are we really put Gaga on trial for not even knowing her thoughts on a matter? If she stayed silent she definitely had her good reasons, y'all really trying to find anything to complain about this woman.

I'm sorry but yes, I think Gaga could have reacted on the situation in Palestine.

 

To educate people, she's very involved politically, LGBT+ or BLM so WHY this faith she would be silent ?

She even addressed the russia-ukraine conflict to the sag awards 

 

It's a bit sad but somehow I think we can all guess which side she's on (especially as Bobby and Sarah have shown their support for Israel) so it's better, I think, for her not to speak out (I'll be very sad if she stand with them) or maybe she's neutral, who knows ?

 

She has educated a lot of people about LGBT issues, human rights and being kind to others, so yes, she's legitimate to speak

 

But for now, she needs to starts by firing Richard Jackson, that'll be a big step forward.

Edited by Joker30

43 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

Gar is a lib through and through. We should be grateful for even that considering who her father is. :eli:

 

In all seriousness, she's never been radical with her politics or touched upon super controversial issues. I don't expect that to change. 

Seek help. This is the dumbest take I've EVER seen on Gaga.

19 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

:rip: Y'all are just lying at this point. 

I knew I would get this response lol. Yeah she's fought for gay marriage and to repeal don't ask don't tell, but American culture was already shifting towards those changes anyways. Israel is still a highly controversial topic that most people are scared to discuss. It's different imo. 

5 minutes ago, Joker30 said:

I'm sorry but yes, I think Gaga could have reacted on the situation in Palestine.

 

To educate people, she's very involved politically, LGBT+ or BLM so WHY this faith she would be silent ?

She even addressed the russia-ukraine conflict to the sag awards 

 

It's a bit sad but somehow I think we can all guess which side she's on (especially as Bobby and Sarah have shown their support for Israel) so it's better, I think, for her not to speak out (I'll be very sad if she stand with them) or maybe she's neutral, who knows ?

 

She has educated a lot of people about LGBT issues, human rights and being kind to others, so yes, she's legitimate to speak

 

But for now, she needs to starts by firing Richard Jackson, that'll be a big step forward.

I don't think she feels comfortable to talk about this subject or in general, war subjects (she only addressed the russia-ukraine conflict because someone asked a question about it while being on red carpet). But her liking Mark's post on Instagram about this subject is telling me overall that she hates the conflict and wants people to be safe. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cyq9NdXA410/?img_index=1

5 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

I knew I would get this response lol. Yeah she's fought for gay marriage and to repeal don't ask don't tell, but American culture was already shifting towards those changes anyways. Israel is still a highly controversial topic that most people are scared to discuss. It's different imo. 

The culture was changing but not as quickly as you're implying. Liberal California literally voted to repeal gay marriage 3 years before Born this Way came out. I'll always love Gaga for using her imperial era to push for gay acceptance.

Please @Cuchilla don't be angry. Think of all the fans who value you and all of those who make us happy by giving us information. We don't deserve it... :dancehall:

3 minutes ago, Si Hoo said:

Why are people mad? What happened?

They forgot to take their Nurtec pill today 

21 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

The culture was changing but not as quickly as you're implying. Liberal California literally voted to repeal gay marriage 3 years before Born this Way came out. I'll always love Gaga for using her imperial era to push for gay acceptance.

I don't disagree. I still think she's not radical enough to weigh in on issues relating to Israel though. 

Yall are gonna regret asking her to speak up when the campaigning for Biden's re-election begins :sistrens:

17 minutes ago, Jose Alberto said:

Please @Cuchilla don't be angry. Think of all the fans who value you and all of those who make us happy by giving us information. We don't deserve it... :dancehall:

Period

1 hour ago, Joker30 said:

I'm sorry but yes, I think Gaga could have reacted on the situation in Palestine.

 

To educate people, she's very involved politically, LGBT+ or BLM so WHY this faith she would be silent ?

She even addressed the russia-ukraine conflict to the sag awards 

 

It's a bit sad but somehow I think we can all guess which side she's on (especially as Bobby and Sarah have shown their support for Israel) so it's better, I think, for her not to speak out (I'll be very sad if she stand with them) or maybe she's neutral, who knows ?

 

She has educated a lot of people about LGBT issues, human rights and being kind to others, so yes, she's legitimate to speak

 

But for now, she needs to starts by firing Richard Jackson, that'll be a big step forward.

Those were arguments more close to her and her experience that she knows better, she is herself a member of the LGBTQ+ community and she spoke about it when it was not convenient for her when you had your average popstar still pandering to Republicans.

 

That being said the Israel-Palestine conflict argument is lot more complicated and distant from her reality and culture, why she should educate people about an argument like that very likely she still is getting educated herself about it?

 

People who want a real point of view on that matter should follow people like Motaz Azaiza who did an extraordinary job in documenting what it's happening there, not checking for pointless social media posts about the argument by rich American celebrities or artists.

so I read all of the posts for few pages.

delusionals 10%

People who criticize delusionals 90% 

 

1 hour ago, Summer Boy said:

I'm sorry, but wtf. You can be a pop star AND have an informed and educated point of view. In my country, there's this pop star who had no access to higher education and started working to support her family when she was like 12 or 13, and every time she speaks about politic, she's on the right side, always eloquent... So to suggest that a pop star or someone who didn't go to Harvard would be incapable of giving a coherent and well-informed speech on politics is just wrong. 

 

And the reason I say this is that she has already made tone deaf comments in the past. Doesn't mean she can't say and do the right thing about the genocide happening in Palestine. 

 

 

It is extremely complicated situation regarding Palestaine and Israel. Culture, politics, history are tangled up at this point.

You can't just say which side is right and wrong

Speaking and taking side of it doesn't make sense if she's not even local

1 minute ago, Konril said:

Surprised to see 3 pages of no Stupid Love mention. We, as a base are slowly healing.

:suburban:

Have you read the last few pages? There's nothing healing about this thread, babes.

 

:suburban:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.