Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

5 minutes ago, Corso said:

I hope its good and makes a lot of money

Absolutely :msmarvel:

 

Though on Cleopatra, I just don't think she should do it. Aside from the fact that her casting as a white woman would open up a can of worms, it's honestly never been that interesting of an acting role? She's a big, lavish figure that seemingly no one knows what to do with. Gags should prioritize strong scripts and curating a catalog anyway imo.

I keep forgetting to do spoiler tags mods plz don't be mad :sad:

Gaga will NEVER do something that would have people accusing her of ‘cultural appropriation’. Hence why she’ll never play Cleopatra or attempt R&B.

Praying she wins a BA Oscar for Joker and pauses her acting career to focus on her music for the next 15 years

 

ezgif-2-e7ee6ddfac.gif

1 minute ago, Artur said:

Praying she wins a BA Oscar for Joker and pauses her acting career to focus on her music for the next 15 years

 

ezgif-2-e7ee6ddfac.gif

If she wins BA she's gonna floor it and be a full-throttle megastar actress with a music stomp every 2-4 years

 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

If she wins BA she's gonna floor it and be a full-throttle megastar actress with a music stomp every 2-4 years

 

spacer.png

Maybe will head to Broadway and try reaching EGOT status

 

spacer.png

 

Quote

Coles says the sample hadn’t been cleared. “That unfortunately wasn’t cleared by me, and I had nothing to do with it,” she says. Coles was already on Gaga’s radar, so the chances of the similarity being coincidental are pretty slim.

 

“I was approached by her team to co-produce a couple of tracks on the ‘Chromatica’ album, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to add anything I was completely happy with. Then ‘Sour Candy’ was released, and I was definitely surprised — I knew they were aware of ‘What They Say’, even though it wasn’t directly sampled.”

 

“I’m always super-chuffed when people take direct influence from my work,” she says. “I take it as a compliment. But it does bug me a bit when bigger artists do it and don’t credit me.” Coles notes that sampling has been an integral part of her own creative growth. “I used to sample stuff all the time in my teens, and it taught me so much about different types of music and production.”

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Absolutely :msmarvel:

 

Though on Cleopatra, I just don't think she should do it. Aside from the fact that her casting as a white woman would open up a can of worms, it's honestly never been that interesting of an acting role? She's a big, lavish figure that seemingly no one knows what to do with. Gags should prioritize strong scripts and curating a catalog anyway imo.

I agree with the scripts part. That was the problem with HoG. Cleopatra could have a good script though. And it would be a HUGE movie.

 

Look what I found though that I think is interesting "...The people of southern Italy and Greece show a high degree of genetic similarities". That's from Google. Cleopatra was Greek/Macedonian. She was essentially "white". Nosa, Sicily is where Gaga's relatives are from and its on the southern most part of Italy. And its the closest Italy gets to Egypt. I think she and the filmmakers could make a good case that she does look a lot like Cleopatra.

 

But we'll see. Joker 2 has to be a big success first.

I'd be fine with Gaga focusing a bit more on her acting career if it means that she does more than 1 movie every 3 years :rip:

 

It's not like we're ever getting another super long era again so movies will just feed us during album waits. She can film for a bit, put together a record on her own schedule, do an easy camaign, and tour when she has the time :gaycat3:

45 minutes ago, Corso said:

I hope its good and makes a lot of money so she can get Cleopatra made.

Noooo, she needs to avoid that movie at all costs.  They need to cast someone with Egyptian/Greek ancestry or else they'll piss off Egyptians.  Having some resemblance to Cleopatra isn't enough.

4 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Noooo, she needs to avoid that movie at all costs.  They need to cast someone with Egyptian/Greek ancestry or else they'll piss off Egyptians.  Having some resemblance to Cleopatra isn't enough.

Greek would be best. But it seems like Sicilian would be second. Cleopatra was probably not Egyptian at all, anymore than Julius Caesar or Mark Antony was. Most Egyptians know that, and if they didn't they'd find out. Lets see how they react to global pop superstar, academy award nominated actress Lady Gaga playing Cleopatra. They may love it.

28 minutes ago, Corso said:

Greek would be best. But it seems like Sicilian would be second. Cleopatra was probably not Egyptian at all, anymore than Julius Caesar or Mark Antony was. Most Egyptians know that, and if they didn't they'd find out. Lets see how they react to global pop superstar, academy award nominated actress Lady Gaga playing Cleopatra. They may love it.

 Well Cleopatra's mother might have been Persian or Berber so she wasn't fully Greek to start off BUT that's beyond the point because overall that's not how Egypt works (and not how most of the Middle East works in general). Most modern day Egyptians are a mix of all the civilizations that impacted Egypt. This means a lot of modern day Egyptians also have some Greek blood in them but they do not identify as Greek.  Egyptians come in all shades because they are all mixed with tons of ish. They'd rather have an Egyptian actress who may have some Greek blood in her long lineage (there are tons). It's just weird to be seeing so many ppl on both ends of the argument trying to strip Cleo away from Egyptians. I'm seeing tons of white ppl being like 'well she was Greek so not a real Egyptian" when most of Egyptians are a mix of tons of things anyway (including Greek) and then there's also tons of Afrocentrists claiming she was a black nubian queen when everyone knows she absolutely wasn't and everyone knows most Egyptians are not black either (though some of them are and some of them are mixed with black too obviously)  and then you have the actual Egyptians who rightfully have pride in Cleopatra and their ancient history being coopted like that in such a weird way with them having no say in the matter at all :toofunny3:. If I was Egyptian i'd be pissed AF lol. 

 

This is what some modern Egyptian actresses look like: 
 

Spoiler


received_5345541825534269.jpeg

 

Tara-Emad.jpg?w=700&ssl=1Yosra-El-Lozy.jpg?w=700&ssl=1

 

I'm sure if any of them speak English they'd love to audition for the role and it could be a big breakthrough for them. 

So the best option certainly would be a big A lister star like Gaga imo. She'd slay the role AND would bring in the money for the studio BUT if they were to go for an unknown random actress then certainly the best option wouldn't be a modern Greek actress nor a black sub saharan actress... it would be an Egyptian actress. 

Let’s drop the cleopatra idea it will just nosedive all of the good grace she has built up with the public. What I could see her doing next is an acclaimed psychological thriller ala Toni Colette or Jodi Foster

 

the only genre I can’t see her touching is a comedy because as much as I find her funny it’s never intentional; she’s such a serious person when it comes to her career and craft 

Edited by blackoutbritney

54 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

 Well Cleopatra's mother might have been Persian or Berber so she wasn't fully Greek to start off BUT that's beyond the point because overall that's not how Egypt works (and not how most of the Middle East works in general). Most modern day Egyptians are a mix of all the civilizations that impacted Egypt. This means a lot of modern day Egyptians also have some Greek blood in them but they do not identify as Greek.  Egyptians come in all shades because they are all mixed with tons of ish. They'd rather have an Egyptian actress who may have some Greek blood in her long lineage (there are tons). It's just weird to be seeing so many ppl on both ends of the argument trying to strip Cleo away from Egyptians. I'm seeing tons of white ppl being like 'well she was Greek so not a real Egyptian" when most of Egyptians are a mix of tons of things anyway (including Greek) and then there's also tons of Afrocentrists claiming she was a black nubian queen when everyone knows she absolutely wasn't and everyone knows most Egyptians are not black either (though some of them are and some of them are mixed with black too obviously)  and then you have the actual Egyptians who rightfully have pride in Cleopatra and their ancient history being coopted like that in such a weird way with them having no say in the matter at all :toofunny3:. If I was Egyptian i'd be pissed AF lol. 

 

This is what some modern Egyptian actresses look like: 
 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

received_5345541825534269.jpeg

 

Tara-Emad.jpg?w=700&ssl=1Yosra-El-Lozy.jpg?w=700&ssl=1

 

I'm sure if any of them speak English they'd love to audition for the role and it could be a big breakthrough for them. 

So the best option certainly would be a big A lister star like Gaga imo. She'd slay the role AND would bring in the money for the studio BUT if they were to go for an unknown random actress then certainly the best option wouldn't be a modern Greek actress nor a black sub saharan actress... it would be an Egyptian actress. 

I don't think it would be an Egyptian actress because my understanding is Cleopatra was a part the Ptolemy family that goes back to a Greek general of alexander the great and they intermarried and interbred to retain the royal bloodline. I know there is some question about who her mother was but I don't think there is evidence one way or the other. Depictions of her in art from back then make her look Greek/white imo. Those Egyptian actresses could play roles in the movie, most of the roles would be Egyptians like that, but I don't think they'd be right for the Ptolemy ruling family. I don't know though. Im not an expert, that's just my impression from the limited knowledge I have about the subject. 

Gaga got backlash for playing an Italian woman. The backlash for playing an Egyptian Queen (regardless of Cleopatra’s ancestry) would be HUGE. 

4 hours ago, Archetype said:

Noooo, she needs to avoid that movie at all costs.  They need to cast someone with Egyptian/Greek ancestry or else they'll piss off Egyptians.  Having some resemblance to Cleopatra isn't enough.

Pretty sure Egyptians dont really care and are more educated on Cleopatra’s history than Americans tho :pig:

Gar should only do Cleopatra if Denis Villeneuve is directing. 

I think she’ll do movies every 2-3 years and treat them like album eras. 

One big movie and then the next big one 3 years later :giraffe:

i thought yall stan a POP STAR SINGER/SONGWRITER called Lady Gaga. not that full time actress, makeup seller, liquor ambassador :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

Let’s drop the cleopatra idea it will just nosedive all of the good grace she has built up with the public. What I could see her doing next is an acclaimed psychological thriller ala Toni Colette or Jodi Foster

 

the only genre I can’t see her touching is a comedy because as much as I find her funny it’s never intentional; she’s such a serious person when it comes to her career and craft 

A non-stan having the most rational perspective. :clap3:There's already a Cleopatra film in the works which is guaranteed to bomb, we don't need another one tainting Ga's career.

 

A Fincher psychological thriller would be the perfect segue from Joker. As incredible as the Harley role is for her, I hope her next role is more down to Earth. I think that's why she connected with audiences so much with ASIB.

Arent they making a Cleopatra movie rn anyways…? And isnt she black in their movie? Saw that ine poster but wasnt sure if its real. 

 

Anyways Gaga would eat that up tbh

Gaga as Cleopatra would be such a serve :jonny5: the visuals would be insane but I would do more damage than good to her career so I guess is better not doing it 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.