Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Way ahead thinking.... but how often is it that a sequel gets Oscar nominations/buzz? I know Joker was fairly popular in the awards season but what about sequels? I think LOTR was the last movies I think had multiple buzz for each film. 

It's not common but also not totally uncommon, this year for example 3 sequels managed to get Oscar buzz-nominations, Avatar, Top Gun and Black Panther.

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

11 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Way ahead thinking.... but how often is it that a sequel gets Oscar nominations/buzz? I know Joker was fairly popular in the awards season but what about sequels? I think LOTR was the last movies I think had multiple buzz for each film. 

Top Gun, Avatar 2 and Black Panther 2 just got nominations. It really just depends. Looking through the types of sequels that get Oscar buzz/nominations and Joker 2 fits right in, tbh. Add the Gaga factor and that boosts its chances. Not saying it'll get BP nomination or anything, but Gaga is in a good position.

 

The Academy loved Joker and showed its love through nearly a dozen nominations. The thing is, though, that Joker 2 has a lot to live up to. Like, A LOT. That'll be its biggest hurdle.

 

Gaga's position here is unique because I think she herself just has a to do a good job no matter how the film turns out. Joaquin will obviously do amazingly, so if Gaga can hold her own then she's going to look A+ next to him. Not very many people can hold their own next to someone like him.

 

Edited by Bang Up

Yeah, I could see Gaga getting actress buzz, but it is a slippery slope for Joaquin Phoenix because he already won for that same role. 

6 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

 

She really is the main event (without even attending) :clap3:

12 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Talking like sequels within a couple of years, not decades.   I still haven't watched Top Gun Maverick :eli: 

The Godfather I and II, it's the most famous case with 2 years gap, a rarity tho considering the kind of nominations they got, including Al Pacino being nominated twice for the same role.

 

Black Panther 2 has just 4 years gap and it managed to have some Oscar buzz, most important Angela Bassett Oscar nomination, although some claim it's more a career nomination, I can't say because I haven't watched it.

Totally forgot that Walking Phoenix is a really good singer. He killed it in that Johnny Cash biopic. Poor Bradley.

 

ventihi.thumb.gif.46edd978aecd1fb6027d7a

There's absolutely no way JFAD will repeat the first film's 11 noms at the Oscars tbh. And that's fine.

 

I'm more curious about the critical reception though. Back in 2019, most of them had their pitchforks out and were lashings the movie left and right. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the film, especially on Film Twitter, but the barking led to nothing and it ended up being a big success and received lots of support and praise from the industry.

 

I'm kinda expecting some blatant switching this time considering many of them have warmed up to the first film since then + JFAD is so great on paper so far. If the musical element is executed properly all he has to do is stick to the New York, New York inspo, I can see more critics being into it this time. Definitely not expecting universal acclaim though because it's simply the kind of movie that will always be polarizing. So maybe 70-75 RT and 60 MC.

Any chromatica ball film updates? From our insiders here or otherwise?

25 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

Totally forgot that Walking Phoenix is a really good singer. He killed it in that Johnny Cash biopic. Poor Bradley.

 

ventihi.thumb.gif.46edd978aecd1fb6027d7a

Mr Raccoon about be devoured I fear

Can't believe some fans are legit making the argument that HMH winning an Oscar would be underwhelming.
 

Not many artists can say they have two Best Original Song Oscars, let alone one. :rip:

1 hour ago, Miichael said:

She didn't say that at the Golden Globes, it was in some magazine interview around the time Hotel premiered, but I don't think she said it was about new music specifically, Liddos desperate for dark bawps just clung to it

 

ZHAa9NU.gif

 

This. I've never believed in "Original LG5". Those sessions with RedOne where her probably taking Joanne songs to him and getting a feel for musical direction before ultimately settling with Marc Ronson.

 

(I'd bet money that Joanne ended up better than anything she would have made with FadOne anyways). :giraffe:

1 hour ago, WildAmerican said:

Top Gun Maverick :eli:

We want acting nominations tho :eli:

7 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

We want acting nominations tho :eli:

Black Panther WF :lakitu:

Edited by WildAmerican

32 minutes ago, Aden said:

Can't believe some fans are legit making the argument that HMH winning an Oscar would be underwhelming.
 

Not many artists can say they have two Best Original Song Oscars, let alone one. :rip:

This fanbase reaches new level of delusions daily

i think Joaquin can manage to get a historic 2nd nom and become the seventh actor to get a BA nom playing the same character twice if JFAD plays correctly

9 hours ago, truthteller said:

r kelly, richy, jeffree, and now balenci?

bTADZP4.gif

I said what I said 

 

bTADZP4.gif

Spoiler

:gaycat7:

 

The only reason I can't see her performing is schedule conflicts, she sang it as the encore of the tour, she really was passionate about it. 

Why is nobody talking about Bloody Mary smashing? 😍

 

Already predicted to raise to 44 this week.

1 hour ago, Aden said:

Can't believe some fans are legit making the argument that HMH winning an Oscar would be underwhelming.
 

Not many artists can say they have two Best Original Song Oscars, let alone one. :rip:

Gaga winning an Oscar in general isn't underwhelming. Her winning for a critical/commercial dud like HMH kinda would be, largely because it probably wouldn't age well as a win. Especially given the inevitable Shallow comparisons. 

 

It's not that uncommon for an Oscar nom/win to end up no1curr or be actively bad in the long run either. Just ask Andrea Riseborough, Green Book, and CODA.

1 hour ago, CovalentBondage said:

This fanbase reaches new level of delusions daily

new levels of delusions or extremely high standards?

 

2116164322__thumbEnjL7eIXcAsv_LIformatjp

Redone talks in this interview about Gaga calling him and saying: "Red we have to work, all the hits we have together", Redone said that they were making "really amazing music" but that "something happened" and she wanted to go a different style, more "country". He was confused because he believed they had something that would "shock the world" judging by the reaction of the people who heard the music, the "labels" and their "radio friends". He gives the example of Frankenstein stating again that it could "shock the world" and that "Gaga fans probably would've gone crazy".

 

I'm not saying that I think or wish we are gonna hear that in the future, I love Joanne, I think I like it more than a lot of people do, I just want to clarify that LG5 was obviously going one direction and then changed. The hype built around LG5 was real and not something some fans came up with just because they were bored, maybe it was a exaggerated, but it was real.

 

She worked a little with Giorgio again but nothing came out of it. Again, not saying there was a full cohesive and finished album, just that there was a direction and intention but that changed.

https://www.popjustice.com/articles/giorgio-moroder-interview-i-hated-the-moustache/ 

 

 

5 minutes ago, Dumbledore said:

Redone talks in this interview about Gaga calling him and saying: "Red we have to work, all the hits we have together", Redone said that they were making "really amazing music" but that "something happened" and she wanted to go a different style, more "country". He was confused because he believed they had something that would "shock the world" judging by the reaction of the people who heard the music, the "labels" and their "radio friends". He gives the example of Frankenstein stating again that it could "shock the world" and that "Gaga fans probably would've gone crazy".

 

I'm not saying that I think or wish we are gonna hear that in the future, I love Joanne, I think I like it more than a lot of people do, I just want to clarify that LG5 was obviously going one direction and then changed. The hype built around LG5 was real and not something some fans came up with just because they were bored, maybe it was a exaggerated, but it was real.

 

She worked a little with Giorgio again but nothing came out of it. Again, not saying there was a full cohesive and finished album, just that there was a direction and intention but that changed.

https://www.popjustice.com/articles/giorgio-moroder-interview-i-hated-the-moustache/ 

 

 

She went from this:

Esto contiene una imagen de: ladvsgagaEsto contiene una imagen de:Eccentric: The Born This Way singer strutted down the street as she explored Amsterdam

To this:

 

Esto contiene una imagen de: Go west! Lady Gaga shows off her svelte figureEsto contiene una imagen de:Esto contiene una imagen de: Cuña

 

She started working with Redone (only kept Angel Down from their sessions), Giorgio (kept nothing) and ended up with Mark, Hillary Lindsey, Bloodpoop, got Come to Mama from Father John Misty and collaborated with Florence. So yeah, there was a change of direction. I don't care about dark bops, my favorite Gaga is RockGa, but the original LG5 was a real moment. And I remember that moment very well because that was my first time living an era, and it was wild. :cm:

 

Edited by Dumbledore

When do you guys think she's going to announce ARTPOP ACT II? will there be a lead single or will it be a surprise release?

 

bTADZP4.gif

 

29 minutes ago, Leito90 said:

Why is nobody talking about Bloody Mary smashing? 😍

 

Already predicted to raise to 44 this week.

 

A solo smash :jonny5:

 

How many weeks inside the top 100 so far?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.