Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Why does her verse in Jewels and Drugs go off so hard? 

 

008-E3-E24-779-E-4-F91-AF70-B938-D21-E46

 

12 minutes ago, AidanUnderYou said:

does anyone else think Stupid Love sounds like a loud Friends by Justin Bieber it’s as if BloodPop tried to recreate it but louder. They have similar synths in the production and the instrumental chorus. Maybe Stupid Love should’ve stayed in 2017 too.

 

Also I kind of giggle when you listen to some of BloodPop’s songs (like Friends) you can hear the screams from A-YO in the background.

Friends by bieberPop is still very very mcuh a feature on my local radio station, so i hear it a lot. I was actually listening to it the other day thinking its more Bieber's tone that makes the song 'cool'

 

SL is good, its very Gaga meets Bloodpop, but its a noise fest and lacks 'cool' factor

 

Bloodpop x Bieber era from 2015-17 was a massive success

33 minutes ago, AidanUnderYou said:

Alice, Rain On Me, 911, Replay, Babylon are all GOD tier.

Glad we all agree on Chromatica's undisputed Top 5 :WAP:

Yesterday, BTW pulled 3,587,075 streams. It should cross 2B total streams in:

  • ~98 days (Apr 20) with a 3.5M daily avg
  • ~114 days (May 6) with a 3M daily avg
  • ~136 days (May 28) with a 2.5M daily avg
  • ~171 days (July 2) with a 2M daily avg

 

It is insane to think that it's this close to hitting the 2B mark already, worst case scenario by the middle of this year :jonny:
 

And there's also the possibility of the daily avg increasing again with BM getting playlist support + other tracks potentially going semi-viral :gaygacat9:

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

I’m curious about what native speakers think about Enigma since I’ve seen many people saying that it’s as vague as it can possibly be. 
:chick3:

The first verse described the first person experience of being out as a single person. Open minded, I'm so blinded / Mystery man, woman phantom - she still believes love can flourish despite being burnt in the past. She's a "phantom" as in someone who is present, but not quite, there are a lot of people in the world and people are so easily obtained and disposed of nowadays as we have 'love' at our fingertips. 

 

I'm so scared but I'm standing here / Is what I am seeing real, or is it just a sign / Is it all just virtual? She's willing to give it a chance but she's guarded, she knows that in our world a connection between two people can be dependent on virtual means, and she hopes that this time it won't be the case. 

 

Can't stop staring, I'm so naked / Wrapped in shadows, my heart races / Dragon's eyes watch, goddess breathing / Give me something to believe in- They've spent the night together but she's nervous because she is slowly letting her guard down and she's excited about mystery man. She doesn't know if his intentions are genuine because she's famous. I believe 'dragon's eyes' is in fact, the public. She's feeling like there's weight on her shoulders and that's why she wants someone to hold onto. 

 

We could be lovers, even just tonight / We could be anything you want / We could be jokers, brought to the daylight- The chorus is a classic pop chorus, uplifting and positive. She doesn't know if this fling will last forever but she's willing to let herself go.

 

We could break all of our stigma - I believe she's suggesting that he's been burnt by 'virtual' love as well.  they'll both break free from their past experiences, and they'll prove that a true connection can happen despite modern dating hardships.

 

I'll be your enigma It will take you some time to figure me out, but it’s worth it. 

 

There's more to listen into in this song but this is just my understanding of it. :hug:

Edited by Negev

5 minutes ago, Negev said:

The first verse described the first person experience of being out as a single person. Open minded, I'm so blinded / Mystery man, woman phantom - she still believes love can flourish despite being burnt in the past. She's a "phantom" as in someone who is present, but not quite, there are a lot of people in the world and people are so easily obtained and disposed of nowadays as we have 'love' at our fingertips. 

 

I'm so scared but I'm standing here / Is what I am seeing real, or is it just a sign / Is it all just virtual? She's willing to give it a chance but she's guarded, she knows that in our world a connection between two people can be dependent on virtual means, and she hopes that this time it won't be the case. 

 

Can't stop staring, I'm so naked / Wrapped in shadows, my heart races / Dragon's eyes watch, goddess breathing / Give me something to believe in- They've spent the night together but she's nervous because she is slowly letting her guard down and she's excited about mystery man. She doesn't know if his intentions are genuine because she's famous. I believe 'dragon's eyes' is in fact, the public. She's feeling like there's weight on her shoulders and that's why she wants someone to hold onto. 

 

We could be lovers, even just tonight / We could be anything you want / We could be jokers, brought to the daylight- The chorus is a classic pop chorus, uplifting and positive. She doesn't know if this fling will last forever but she's willing to let herself go.

 

We could break all of our stigma - I believe she's suggesting that he's been burnt by 'virtual' love as well.  they'll both break free from their past experiences, and they'll prove that a true connection can happen despite modern dating hardships.

 

I'll be your enigma It will take you some time to figure me out, but it’s worth it. 

 

There's more to listen into in this song but this is just my understanding of it. :hug:

Thank you, king. I will later read it carefully, on my lunchbreak I guess. I love this.

:date2:

Does anybody remember the name of the AI software that people used to create these AI images of Gaga? 

5 hours ago, Negev said:

I absolutely love Before I Cry, I just wish she never sang

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THE THINGS YOU SAID

Right now I wish that you would try"

Because I hear

"Right now I wish that you were dead"

I hear "right now I wish that you were trash" 

 

:ahh:

Someone said she wrote Enigma just because she liked the word and I cant unhear it

008-E3-E24-779-E-4-F91-AF70-B938-D21-E46

I know she was pissed when he posted this

 

Edited by sunbathinganimal

24 minutes ago, austriamonster said:

Does anybody remember the name of the AI software that people used to create these AI images of Gaga? 

Lexica Aperture. But they have updated the model to v2 now and it does not do photorealism as good as v1. Their site has both v1 and v2 for use but on the free plan it only lets you use v2, which kind of sucks. 

Just now, Dad said:

Lexica Aperture. But they have updated the model to v2 now and it does not do photorealism as good as v1. Their site has both v1 and v2 for use but on the free plan it only lets you use v2, which kind of sucks. 

Thank you so much for your help! 

After almost 3 years.. Chromatica is an album full of BOPS. Stop.

 

Alice, Rain On Me, 911, Enigma, Replay, Babylon, Plastica Doll, even Stupid Love

 

Her mind 

 

008-E3-E24-779-E-4-F91-AF70-B938-D21-E46

 

 

 

29 minutes ago, Dad said:

Lexica Aperture. But they have updated the model to v2 now and it does not do photorealism as good as v1. Their site has both v1 and v2 for use but on the free plan it only lets you use v2, which kind of sucks. 

So the v1 is only available with paid subscriptions? 

37 minutes ago, Mirkomonster said:

After almost 3 years.. Chromatica is an album full of BOPS. Stop.

 

Alice, Rain On Me, 911, Enigma, Replay, Babylon, Plastica Doll, even Stupid Love

 

Her mind 

 

008-E3-E24-779-E-4-F91-AF70-B938-D21-E46

 

 

 

Her most easy to listen to album, and an actual overall album - not a collection of singles.
 

Would've been a MOMENT in summer 2020, pride, sour candy MV, fornite, tour

lady-gaga-house-of-gucci-prima-foto-uffi

she literally wanted to include more acoustic song: 1000 Doves

and she explicitly talked about how Bloodpop told her she couldn't put out a piano song on this record

ANYWAY, I bop to Chromatica still to this day and yes songs like Replay, Rain On Me, 911, Babylon are HIGHLIGHTS in her discography, doesn't prevent me from saying that it was underwhelming after ASIB and clearly the GP agreed, played it and pushed it down the stairs 48M - 15M in a week... and no BLM wasn't the reason

 

Gaga rising big, Applause coming for 500k+

Bloody Mary RIAA units estimate: 

650k units with this week’s activity. :giraffe:Should be x1 platinum in early/mid march its doing 40-42k units weekly.:giraffe:

 

14 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

she literally wanted to include more acoustic song: 1000 Doves

and she explicitly talked about how Bloodpop told her she couldn't put out a piano song on this record

ANYWAY, I bop to Chromatica still to this day and yes songs like Replay, Rain On Me, 911, Babylon are HIGHLIGHTS in her discography, doesn't prevent me from saying that it was underwhelming after ASIB and clearly the GP agreed, played it and pushed it down the stairs 48M - 15M in a week... and no BLM wasn't the reason

 

Gaga rising big, Applause coming for 500k+

Chromatica out of J/AP/C was probably the right stride - its an overall album, and it was nicely acclaimed (on MC it doesn't matter if an album is 61 or 79 its all the same) as seen from the fact it made the year end aggregate top 50 - Joanne/ARTPOP didn't. i agree she wanted to do sad songs on piano and he had a vision

BloodPop crafted an album that perfectly played into the Poptimism era where cohesiveness seems is important to critics

Chromatica was  a hit with her core base but in essence a dance-pop album at that point by Gaga as always gonna be frontloaded, but there are signs GP rejected it too - which is fine, its just a shame it didn't have its rollout

3 minutes ago, industry baby said:

Bloody Mary RIAA units estimate: 

650k units with this week’s activity. :giraffe:Should be x1 platinum in early/mid march its doing 40-42k units weekly.:giraffe:

 

a SOLO hit

chosensparkles

2 hours ago, AidanUnderYou said:

does anyone else think Stupid Love sounds like a loud Friends by Justin Bieber it’s as if BloodPop tried to recreate it but louder. They have similar synths in the production and the instrumental chorus. Maybe Stupid Love should’ve stayed in 2017 too.

 

Also I kind of giggle when you listen to some of BloodPop’s songs (like Friends) you can hear the screams from A-YO in the background.

Yeah it’s basically Friends at a higher BPM. I actually think both songs work until their chorus when the beat drops and it’s mostly just the distorted vocal loop. Very 2015’d. Both chorus have one line basically “Can we be friends / I want your stupid love”. 
 

Variations of BloodPop screams are all over Joanne. Even in Sinner’s Prayer :dies:

1 hour ago, austriamonster said:

So the v1 is only available with paid subscriptions? 

Yep, they changed it recently. v2 is still good but it does not do photorealism that well

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.