Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

I don't think all of it is revisionism tbh though? I personally had issues with the album after the first listen and I still stand by my opinion that the execution fell flat and didn't live up to the great concept/direction they were going for. I also think the album served some fantastic visuals (the album photoshoot, i-D and Billboard photoshoots, 911 music video, the entire tour) and some amazing career highlights (Replay, 911, Rain On Me, Babylon). Of course these are just my personal thoughts at the end of the day.

 

And re: the acclaim, it's not really fair to compare it to The Fame Monster/Born This Way because those were released during a time where only indie records and rock bands got universal acclaim. Chromatica came out during the era of Poptimism where everyone and their mothers are getting 70s/80s scores. The album ended the year at #41 on albumoftheyear.org

 

I do believe that "eras", visuals, performances, interviews, etc are a big factor in how the work is perceived and they can influence people's reception of the music/maybe elevate it a little, but we barely had that with Chromatica. Thank god for her best tour though. :toofunny2:

Yeah I remember after my first Chrome listen I was like Hm… that’s it? Just kind of fell flat. I forced myself to like it tho cause it was our first project in 2 years & studio album in 4, and ROM single era was a moment for the history books. But now I can look back on it & say that it was a neutered effort that should’ve had much higher production quality. Also the fact that she snuck at least 3 fillers on a 13 track album is still unacceptable

 

spacer.png 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I Don't Know What Flopping Is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bore To My Ears

 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

I Don't Know What Flopping Is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bore To My Ears

 

spacer.png

Loud & wrong, and the Spotify numbers prove it 

 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, flower moon said:

True. I feel like since AP she's made kinda bad/weird decisions with producers, although I do like Chromaticas production mostly.

wendy-williams-2.thumb.jpg.ff2691130ee3e

Yup. Sometimes the idea's for the the production on Chromatica are uninspired or basic, but the technical aspects are stellar. The songs sound fantastic. It might be her most well-mixed album. 

I listened to ASIB Soundtrack first while watching ASIB in theaters, it was transcendental. I will not tolerate ASIB slander.

wendy-williams-2.thumb.jpg.ff2691130ee3e

7 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

Yeah I remember after my first Chrome listen I was like Hm… that’s it? Just kind of fell flat. I forced myself to like it tho cause it was our first project in 2 years & studio album in 4, and ROM single era was a moment for the history books. But now I can look back on it & say that it was a neutered effort that should’ve had much higher production quality. Also the fact that she snuck at least 3 fillers on a 13 track album is still unacceptable

 

spacer.png 

exactly-and-i-told-her-i-said-maam-yukikaification.gif 

 

5 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

Loud & wrong, and the Spotify numbers prove it 

 

spacer.png

Bore To My Ears literally comes after Shallah on the tracklist lmao. It has the best position on that tracklisting and still barely 115M streams.

 

I Don't Know What Flopping Is' 94M streams are more impressive considering it comes after the tank Heal Me.

 

spacer.png

Edited by State of Grace.

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

exactly-and-i-told-her-i-said-maam-yukikaification.gif 

 

Bore To My Ears literally comes after Shallah on the tracklist lmao. It has the best position on that tracklisting and still barely 115M streams.

 

I Don't Know What Flopping Is' 94M streams are more impressive considering it comes after the tank Heal Me.

 

spacer.png

Don’t get me wrong. Alice, ROM, Sour Candy, Replay, Enigma, Babylon, (and on cheat/guilty days 1000D) are career highlights. But she had to come back TIGHT after ASIB, but she didn’t. The overall album concept was half baked, she couldn’t even articulate it properly on a single interview, and the overall production (NOT the mixing) was subpar. Salt in the wound was a newbie like Doja running circles around Gar with the exact same theme 

 

spacer.png

And okay maybe you made some points. Just personally hate the lyrics of I Don’t Know How to Write a Song & LUV the melody of Orgasm to my Ears 

 

spacer.png

Edited by luckythisway

1 minute ago, luckythisway said:

Okay maybe you made some points. Just personally hate the lyrics of I Don’t Know How to Write a Song & LUV the melody of Orgasm to my Ears 

 

spacer.png

I hate the way Bradley and her sound on MTME nn but its not that bad 

 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Yup. Sometimes the idea's for the the production on Chromatica are uninspired or basic, but the technical aspects are stellar. The songs sound fantastic. It might be her most well-mixed album. 

BTW production with Chomatica mixing when?

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

had it up to here with the Heal God slander in this thread

spacer.png

Hang it up. It’s trash. Nice vocals yes, but the arrangement/progression is the musical equivalent of blue balls
 

spacer.png

Just now, luckythisway said:

Hang it up. It’s trash. Nice vocals yes, but the arrangement/progression is the musical equivalent of blue balls
 

spacer.png

it's the best pop song on ASIB by far, it's like if The Cure was good

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I hate the way Bradley and her sound on MTME nn but its not that bad 

 

spacer.png

It has better lyrics and melody than I Don't Know What Good Music Is, they did sound better on that track tho.

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

it's the best pop song on ASIB by far, it's like if The Cure was good

spacer.png

The Quran is only inferior to WDYDT. HBF is a harmless throwaway bop but Sedate Me is an abomination. We Could Be Lovers deserved its spot on the track list 

 

spacer.png

People hating on ASIB are probably the same ones who are begging, since 2011, for gAY DaRk Popz produced by ReDone. 

 

wendy-williams-2.thumb.jpg.ff2691130ee3e

 

ASIB produced her absolute best ballads.

 

I absolutely love Before I Cry, I just wish she never sang

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THE THINGS YOU SAID

Right now I wish that you would try"

Because I hear

"Right now I wish that you were dead"

13 minutes ago, babyforlife said:

We’re dragging ASIB now :toofunny3: 

 

None of the other bases do this btw. I don’t think they realize how abnormal it is to drag a rotation of her discography day after day. 

1 hour ago, MAKSIM said:

None of the other bases do this btw. I don’t think they realize how abnormal it is to drag a rotation of her discography day after day. 

:rip:

I have been going back to Born This Way and whew, it is a masterpiece after masterpiece. Heavy Metal Lover & Electric Chapel are just on another level. 

This is better than anything on ARTS & CRAFTS

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.