Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Disease is out of TTH, hopefully this is the sign that label pulled the promo plug on it and starts the 2nd single promo, announcement soon?

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

The way Born This Way and The Fame Monster were among my 10 most listened albums during 2024.

27 minutes ago, Escape said:

Anything LG7 related news?

Officially predicted to bomb on the charts but smash on our Last.fm a4o1gZA_460s.jpg

2 hours ago, GipJo said:

Disease is out of TTH, hopefully this is the sign that label pulled the promo plug on it and starts the 2nd single promo, announcement soon?

does this mean that whatever streams disease gets tmr is the stabilized streams its going to get for a while, with whatever % week over week decrease?

i wonder how much of the streams were due to tth promo, i really love the song and i would love to see it pull nice numbers but i am aware that its not gp friendly

TTH Spotify


6.(-4) Lead single

OUT.  Halloween promo gift single

 

 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, opbranden said:

Not trying to argue with y'all about her biggest hit, but I wanted to share something related to that. Am I the only one who feels like hits today have such a short shelf life? Songs blow up, hit #1 for weeks or even months, and then just vanish.

 

That's why I think comparing Gaga's hits is nearly impossible, imo

 

Even Shallow, which was MASSIVE, or DWAS probably won't have the staying power of something like Poker Face. That song turns 17 this year and is still pulling in 1 million+ streams a day.

 

 

music consumption has changed a lot, its much more decentralized now

but we still get gargantuan hits like blinding lights and stuff

Uhmm Disease removed from TTH. 

I hate to see it. 

 

Its time for a second single! 

5 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Uhmm Disease removed from TTH. 

I hate to see it. 

 

Its time for a second single! 

 

Yeah... They will either push DWAS even harder than it's already doing on its own, or they have to release a new single to generate interest in LG7. Nobody even knows she has an album coming out in 40 days :deadbanana4:, and DWAS definitely isn't enough (for hype purposes) because the GP isn't necessarily connecting the song to either Gaga or a new album from her

 

 

4 hours ago, GipJo said:

Disease is out of TTH, hopefully this is the sign that label pulled the promo plug on it and starts the 2nd single promo, announcement soon?

+ Disease at #5 (-4) on This Is Lady Gaga

It seems they were just waiting for the new year to drop Disease. Hopefully it's because they are preparing for a 2nd single :flower:

9 minutes ago, Andraslop said:

+ Disease at #5 (-4) on This Is Lady Gaga

huh?? does gaga's team control that playlist? it says its made by spotify 

also why tf is TEOG #2 there?? nobody listens to it anymore and it has horrible recurrent/total streams :confused: 

 

looking further.. tha playlist is a huge ass mess :deadbanana4: there's a random ass love for sale song, 3-4 joanne album tracks, hair and teeth :deadbanana4:

 

at least DWUW (ft. xtina) is there too :clap3:let me stream the solo version once again

 

can i just say that dwuw feat r kelly should've been replaced with the solo version instead of being completely removed

 

also I was today years old when i found out this is on streaming (fashion next please) 

24 minutes ago, opbranden said:

 

Yeah... They will either push DWAS even harder than it's already doing on its own, or they have to release a new single to generate interest in LG7. Nobody even knows she has an album coming out in 40 days :deadbanana4:, and DWAS definitely isn't enough (for hype purposes) because the GP isn't necessarily connecting the song to either Gaga or a new album from her

 

 

I think the GP is connecting the song to Gaga - everyone knows she's singing it. But I agree it's not doing anything to hype the album, particularly since the narrative they started with was that the song wasn't going to be on it. 

4 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I think the GP is connecting the song to Gaga - everyone knows she's singing it. But I agree it's not doing anything to hype the album, particularly since the narrative they started with was that the song wasn't going to be on it. 

yeah i mentioned disease to my friends and they were like "oh she has a nice song called die with a smile but i didnt hear about this disease" :coffee:

8 minutes ago, Burqa said:

can i just say that dwuw feat r kelly should've been replaced with the solo version instead of being completely removed

THISSSS and now its too late because people will be like "oh she is putting the r*pe song back on streaming blabla" without knowing anything about the background of the lyrics :monkey:

18 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I think the GP is connecting the song to Gaga - everyone knows she's singing it. But I agree it's not doing anything to hype the album, particularly since the narrative they started with was that the song wasn't going to be on it. 

100%! I didn't mean to downplay Gaga's role—what I said applies to Bruno as well. I think most of the GP, given the HUGE numbers the song is pulling, are just casually enjoying it because it's a good song they like. But they don't necessarily make a "strong connection" with the artists behind it. It's hard to explain what I mean sorry :monkey:, but with Shallow, it was all about Gaga—everyone talked about her first, and then about the song. It was impossible to talk about Shallow without talking about Gaga. This time, it feels... different? Or maybe I am influenced by my own bubble. :dies:

some of my fav gaga songs/demos that will never be on streaming:

 

love the visuals, from joanne world tour if i remember correctly, fits the song veeeryyy well

 

i love dope too, i love how the song evolved into dope, peak dark art.

 

this is the best version imo 

 

aura outro is better but this one has a BANGER ASS (post)bridge

22 minutes ago, Rith said:

yeah i mentioned disease to my friends and they were like "oh she has a nice song called die with a smile but i didnt hear about this disease" :coffee:

My cousin just said 'disease sounds like a typical Gaga song' i think now we've had SL and disease both perform abysmal on cherts, it's time she approaches pop differently 

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

My cousin just said 'disease sounds like a typical Gaga song' i think now we've had SL and disease both perform abysmal on cherts, it's time she approaches pop differently 

We need HACGa and popper gays are not ready for it. 

13 minutes ago, opbranden said:

100%! I didn't mean to downplay Gaga's role—what I said applies to Bruno as well. I think most of the GP, given the HUGE numbers the song is pulling, are just casually enjoying it because it's a good song they like. But they don't necessarily make a "strong connection" with the artists behind it. It's hard to explain what I mean sorry :monkey:, but with Shallow, it was all about Gaga—everyone talked about her first, and then about the song. It was impossible to talk about Shallow without talking about Gaga. This time, it feels... different? Or maybe I am influenced by my own bubble. :dies:

Oh no I totally get that. Proof of that is that DWAS is barely bleeding into Gaga's catalogue when it comes to streaming. The song is massive but I don't see it gaining her many fans. 

I recall Flowers helping Miley's catalogue massively back then - nothing of the sort happened here, which is very telling considering DWAS is even bigger. Maybe it happened a bit more to Bruno but I don't follow his streaming #s. Of course not everything has to be about something else and getting a smash as big as this is amazing in and of itself HOWEVER if Gaga's team really think this song is going to lead the GP to check out the album they have another one coming (I mean even Flowers wasn't able to give ESV much relevance past first day - although that's partially attributtable to the quality of the music imo).

They need another strong single that is more on brand for Gaga's solo music (even if it is a feature - like Rain On Me) to garner interest for the album. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

Notorious

Mustang

Abracadabra

____________

Zombified

Disease

____________

Dance in the Shadow

Garden of Eden

Edited by Spicy Pisces

4 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

My cousin just said 'disease sounds like a typical Gaga song' i think now we've had SL and disease both perform abysmal on cherts, it's time she approaches pop differently 

I mean yeah. The thing with her lead singles since ARTPOP is that they are very loud and abbrasive (which is not a bad thing) but it doesn't exactly function commercially. Maybe it's to get her hardcore fans on board - and this time it actually worked because the song is very praised - but if that's not the intention (which is also a plausible scenario - why wouldn't they want a hit to start off the era?) it's like they're just trying to recreate Bad Romance over and over again and to me that's just obviously a failling strategy. 

They need something catchy and easier to listen to, but with the Gaga brand still - Zombified sounds much more appropriate. Not a song with borderline metal vocals, sharp agressive beats and Gaga's shouts and moans used as percussion (as much as I and the fans lived for that). With that being said it's much better to flop with a great song aimed at the fanbase than an okay/nice song aimed at the masses which they end up rejecting anyways (looking at Stupid Love). 

11 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

We need HACGa and popper gays are not ready for it. 

It's not about poppers—it's about wanting her to push the boundaries of pop and explore new directions for the genre. HAC music doesn't give her that opportunity. She's clearly capable of achieving success while releasing innovative and interesting music. :mandown:

 

 

9 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Oh no I totally get that. Proof of that is that DWAS is barely bleeding into Gaga's catalogue when it comes to streaming. The song is massive but I don't see it gaining her many fans. 

I recall Flowers helping Miley's catalogue massively back then - nothing of the sort happened here, which is very telling considering DWAS is even bigger. Maybe it happened a bit more to Bruno but I don't follow his streaming #s. Of course not everything has to be about something else and getting a smash as big as this is amazing in and of itself HOWEVER if Gaga's team really thing this song is going to lead the GP to check out the album they have another one coming (I mean even Flowers wasn't able to give ESV much relevance past first day - although that's partially attributtable to the quality of the music imo).

They need another strong single that is more on brand for Gaga's solo music (even if it is a feature - like Rain On Me) to garner interest for the album. 

I completely agree, especially since DWAS skews toward an older audience and songs like Notorious Being and Abracadabra aren't exactly hits with the same age bracket, :dies:. She'll probably have something for them on the album too, but so far, she's only teased tracks that cater to her core fanbase. :bird:

 

7 minutes ago, Spicy Pisces said:

Notorious

Mustang

Abracadabra

____________

Zombified

Disease

____________

Garden of Eden

Dancing In The Shadows serving 143, #OUT - #OUT 

 

and poor Garden Of Eden :monkey: it's so catchy 

Edited by opbranden

6 minutes ago, Spicy Pisces said:

Notorious

Mustang

Abracadabra

____________

Zombified

Disease

____________

Dance in the Shadow

Garden of Eden

same 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.