Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, MAKSIM said:

Ok and there's no indication that Bloody Mary is bigger than those named other than a conversation with your office mates. Bloody Mary had its viral moment and you're clinging to some false narrative because you want to combat some OGH solo hit narrative. No serious person can argue that Bloody Mary was or ever has been bigger than Poker Face, Shallow, Bad Romance or Just Dance. 

You guys comparing experiences of your office mates has me dying laughing I love this base so much lmaoooo

 

i agree it doesn't rank in her top 5 classics, but it definitely is a cool thing that happened to a deserved fan deep cut of hers. Very cool story and impressive run, and probably ushered in/inspired the sound of LG7 which is also good 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Ok and there's no indication that Bloody Mary is bigger than those named other than a conversation with your office mates. Bloody Mary had its viral moment and you're clinging to some false narrative because you want to combat some OGH solo hit narrative. No serious person can argue that Bloody Mary was or ever has been bigger than Poker Face, Shallow, Bad Romance or Just Dance. 

It is definitely bigger than all her other songs except the 4 you listed amongst young people.

2 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Ok and there's no indication that Bloody Mary is bigger than those named other than a conversation with your office mates. Bloody Mary had its viral moment and you're clinging to some false narrative because you want to combat some OGH solo hit narrative. No serious person can argue that Bloody Mary was or ever has been bigger than Poker Face, Shallow, Bad Romance or Just Dance. 

You really should be living under a rock if you believe Bloody Mary is any less known than her big 4. 

A billboard chart position aint gonna change what people listen to. 

4 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Ok and there's no indication that Bloody Mary is bigger than those named other than a conversation with your office mates. Bloody Mary had its viral moment and you're clinging to some false narrative because you want to combat some OGH solo hit narrative. No serious person can argue that Bloody Mary was or ever has been bigger than Poker Face, Shallow, Bad Romance or Just Dance. 

I can't speak for @Human Fly, but I think their argument is how well known the song is in 2024/2025. Not that it's bigger than her previous hits - just that there's an audience that is probably more familiar with that song than some of her older material, which probably has some truth to it. If you are 18 now, you were 11/12 when Shallow came out. It's a lot more realistic for a teenager to be more familiar with something that went viral during their formative years over something that came out well before then. 

Edited by Edonis

I'd say paparazzi, telephone, born this way, die with a smile are all also bigger classics/hits too tbh. 
 

I'd say Bloody Mary is more on par with applause, million reasons, the edge of glory, you and I and Alejandro. Though its reach is likely higher and more known with Gen Z

 

I think I land in the middle of this debate. It's huge as a pop culture phenomenon more than it's huge as a Gaga classic/classic pop song if that makes any sense 

9 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Not a Razzie nom, I'm-

IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27

Shortlisted for a nom*

 

spacer.png

 

And BAFTA longlisted tomorrow iktr

 

Spoiler

spacer.png

 

13 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Who the f-ck cares about US locals aged 20-50 when you guys listen to whatever payola-ed to your ears by rich men in black suit:rip:

 

A song becomes a real hit when its world wide success and in big non English speaking ones.

 

Bloody Mary is up there her most known songs along with poker face, bad romance, just dance and shallow. 

 

When we count her classics, we should count it as well or it wouldnt feel right at all. Cuz it aint any less than her other classics. 

Bloody Mary had 313,988 streams on Spotify yesterday :coffee2:

 

It fell off hard, which isn't really surprising. Tiktok trends come and go quickly, even big ones like the Wednesday dance. 
 

The gp doesn't even contribute the song to Gaga. It's a great song, but that song is barely doing much nowadays. Hopefully it continues to stream well on Halloween. It definitely won't be in the same league as Poker Face, Bad Romance and Shallow 
 

1 minute ago, Edonis said:

I can't speak for @Human Fly, but I think their argument is how well known the song is in 2024/2025. Not that it's bigger than her previous hits - just that there's an audience that is probably more familiar with that song than some of her older material, which probably has some truth to it. If you are 18 now, you were 11/12 when Shallow came out. It's a lot more realistic for a teenager to be more familiar with something that went viral during their formative years over something that came out well before then. 

I agree; which is why I said it's viral popularity is limited to the younger gen. You ask someone 21+ to start singing a Gaga song and it's going to be Bad Romance, Poker Face or Shallow - very unlikely that it will be Bloody Mary. You ask someone younger than 18 and maybe they sing Bloody Mary - If they even know it's by Gaga in the first place. 

Never thought that I would see Pennywisenitta smashing in the Gaga base

 

spacer.png

Edited by Artur

Just now, Denim said:

I'd say paparazzi, telephone, born this way, die with a smile are all also bigger classics/hits too tbh. 
 

I'd say Bloody Mary is more on par with applause, million reasons, the edge of glory, you and I and Alejandro 

I hear Bloody Mary at every random places, covers, sped up versions, people sing along to it at random places, everyone knows that song. 

I never really experienced that with any other of her songs before. 

Its waaaaaaaaaay bigger than the ones u listed.

3 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

I hear Bloody Mary at every random places, covers, sped up versions, people sing along to it at random places, everyone knows that song. 

I never really experienced that with any other of her songs before. 

It's waaaaaaaaaay bigger than the ones u listed.

I see what you mean for sure, it was a cultural phenomenon no doubt but I just think maybe we are too far removed from 2009/2011 to remember how big the other songs felt too.. Born this way, paparazzi, telephone all felt absolutely massive those years as well, so I feel like there may be a bit of recency bias with Bloody Mary. Or, at the very least, maybe we need to let it sit for another 5 years and see how it's remembered against the other tunes.

 

but nothing will ever take away how big it was culturally, it's almost synonymous with the biggest show of 2022 (and one of the biggest ever) with a lot of people, plus, her being in Wednesday 2 will cement it even further I think.

4 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Shortlisted for a nom*

 

spacer.png

We both know. JFAD is the butt of the joke this movie year.

IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27

1 hour ago, bucketsofnuggets said:

No one is ready for that conversation because the ogh populace would have to admit she has a recent "solo hit"

 

2 hours ago, Human Fly said:

Bloody Mary kinda her most known/popular song among gp right now but y'all arent ready for that conversation.

Do you guys remember that the excuse for not shooting an MV for Bloody Mary was that she is busy with JFAD? In hindsight she should have found 3 days in her schedule to just shoot anything.

:suburban:

On a more positive note, Judas and Bloody Mary are basically confirmed for the next tour

IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27

Just now, Europe said:

 

Do you guys remember that the excuse for not shooting an MV for Bloody Mary was that she is busy with JFAD? In hindsight she should have found 3 days in her schedule to just shoot anything.

:suburban:

A reverse ASIB/The Curian expedition :suburban:

1 minute ago, Europe said:

 

Do you guys remember that the excuse for not shooting an MV for Bloody Mary was that she is busy with JFAD? In hindsight she should have found 3 days in her schedule to just shoot anything.

:suburban:

A reverse The Curian expedition

IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27

Just now, Almodusa said:

A reverse ASIB/The Curian expedition :suburban:

 

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

A reverse The Curian expedition

IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27

IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27

6 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Bloody Mary had 313,988 streams on Spotify yesterday :coffee2:

 

It fell off hard, which isn't really surprising. Tiktok trends come and go quickly, even big ones like the Wednesday dance. 
 

The gp doesn't even contribute the song to Gaga. It's a great song, but that song is barely doing much nowadays. Hopefully it continues to stream well on Halloween. It definitely won't be in the same league as Poker Face, Bad Romance and Shallow 
 

Wednesday season 2 might give it a second wind, and it will have a nice bump each Halloween at least.

It would've the serve of her career if she filmed a sickening video for Bloody Mary in early 2023. 
 

A born this way/judas level video featuring the TikTok dance would've let Gaga's name have more recognition towards bloody Mary's virality and gave her more public ownership of… well, her own song. 
 

also would've given little monsters even more of a reason to "get into Bloody Mary" again if they weren't really into Wednesday (I personally never watched it)
 

but maybe that would've been seen as playing too much into it. I can't really tell 

I forgot that Bloody Mary is literally all i want for christmas is you of Halloween :dies:

The song is now even bigger of a smash than what i thought. 

 

Its here to stay! 

Just now, Denim said:

It would've the serve of her career if she filmed a sickening video for Bloody Mary in early 2023. 
 

A born this way/judas level video featuring the TikTok dance would've let Gaga's name have more recognition towards bloody Mary's virality and gave her more public ownership of… well, her own song. 
 

but maybe that would've been seen as playing too much into it. I can't really tell 

They really dropped the ball not embracing the sped up version. It should of been on streaming platforms under her name 

Not trying to argue with y'all about her biggest hit, but I wanted to share something related to that. Am I the only one who feels like hits today have such a short shelf life? Songs blow up, hit #1 for weeks or even months, and then just vanish.

 

That's why I think comparing Gaga's hits is nearly impossible, imo

 

Even Shallow, which was MASSIVE, or DWAS probably won't have the staying power of something like Poker Face. That song turns 17 this year and is still pulling in 1 million+ streams a day.

 

 

Just now, Human Fly said:

I forgot that Bloody Mary is literally all i want for christmas is you of Halloween :dies:

The song is now even bigger of a smash than what i thought. 

 

Its here to stay! 

Sjdjdjdjdjdjd I LOVE your positivity! That's definitely thriller and toxic though, but its streams this Halloween were extremely positive signs and I think her appearence in Wednesday 2/ Wednesday 2 in general this year will further its classic ness and cement it as a Halloween classic for eternity 

1 minute ago, Vroom Vroom said:

They really dropped the ball not embracing the sped up version. It should of been on streaming platforms under her name 

Yah they didn't capitalize on it nearly enough, it's a shame cause chart wise it could've made a much bigger dent.

 

although, it did quite well on radio. Lowkey better than all the chromatica and Joanne singles longevity wise. They took so long to embrace it though, it smashed on radio right as the trend was dying out 

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

I see what you mean for sure, it was a cultural phenomenon no doubt but I just think maybe we are too far removed from 2009/2011 to remember how big the other songs felt too.. Born this way, paparazzi, telephone all felt absolutely massive those years as well, so I feel like there may be a bit of recency bias with Bloody Mary. Or, at the very least, maybe we need to let it sit for another 5 years and see how it's remembered against the other tunes.

 

but nothing will ever take away how big it was culturally, it's almost synonymous with the biggest show of 2022 (and one of the biggest ever) with a lot of people, plus, her being in Wednesday 2 will cement it even further I think.

or maybe we limit outselves way too much because of her peers have very limited classics or no classics at all. 

for example see beyonce, she have no classics to match gaga's ones in world wide metrics, taylor swift too and katy perry too. 

 

Only rihanna is on par with gaga when it comes to classics. 

in facts from paparazzi to telephone to born this way to always remember us this way are all big classics tbh. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.