Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I've never heard Bar Song a single time and don't know what it sounds like, but I hear DWAS lots of places including Insta Reels, Tik Tok, etc. There really is a whole other evil world out there for non-fwords :suburban:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I can see DWAS returning to #1 in February on album release day :DWAS:

1 minute ago, Entalan said:

There really is a whole other evil world out there for non-fwords :suburban:

Yes it's called real life :suburban: 

Edited by Janet

23 minutes ago, bitchfit said:

A Bar Song still managing to close the gap though :suburban: we went from like 40 points lead to 27. 

Like who is still listening to that sh*t?

 

:suburban:

4 minutes ago, Entalan said:

I've never heard Bar Song a single time and don't know what it sounds like, but I hear DWAS lots of places including Insta Reels, Tik Tok, etc. There really is a whole other evil world out there for non-fwords :suburban:

I unfortunately just had to suffer through A Bar Song for the first time the other day when I was with family in the car and I didn't have my AirPods. Probably the 3 worst minutes of my life. Your ears are so lucky sis!

4 minutes ago, Janet said:

Yes it's called real life :suburban: 

Now I know why Ga stays halfway between reality and fantasy :suburban:

I keep seeing videos of beauty influencers being gooped and gagged over the new HL mascara. It looks real nice, but for that price i'd hope they'd be extra gagged. 

 

:suburban:

37 members on a Thursday afternoon oh the LG7 anticipation for an announcement is here 

 

lg7-lady-gaga.gif

 

Spoiler

cb748df059ec1fb7e8b7ba178e826c40.jpg

 

1 hour ago, Human Fly said:

Just as i thought you all have no idea and aint ready for that conversation :dies:

 

It was just playing on the radio the other day at work and all of my non english speaking colleagues were singing "i'll dance dance dance" part. And i witnessed this situation many many times since the song blow up. It didnt happened with any of her other songs.

 

and none of her other songs or extreme gay singles will never have this. 

There's no reality where Bloody Mary is more well known among the US population aged 20-50+ compared to Poker Face, Just Dance, Shallow and Bad Romance and there is no evidence to support that other than your office mates singing "I'll dance dance dance" hook, which I am positive my office mates would know the hooks to poker face bad romance and just dance as well. 

 

 

Edited by MAKSIM

6 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

There's no reality where Bloody Mary is more well known among the US population aged 20-50+ compared to Poker Face, Just Dance, Shallow and Bad Romance and there is no evidence to support that other than your office mates singing "I'll dance dance dance" hook, which I am positive my office mates would know the hooks to poker face bad romance and just dance as well. 

 

 

Who the f-ck cares about US locals aged 20-50 when you guys listen to whatever payola-ed to your ears by rich men in black suit:rip:

 

A song becomes a real hit when its world wide success and in big non English speaking ones.

 

Bloody Mary is up there her most known songs along with poker face, bad romance, just dance and shallow. 

 

When we count her classics, we should count it as well or it wouldnt feel right at all. Cuz it aint any less than her other classics. 

21 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

There's no reality where Bloody Mary is more well known among the US population aged 20-50+ compared to Poker Face, Just Dance, Shallow and Bad Romance and there is no evidence to support that other than your office mates singing "I'll dance dance dance" hook, which I am positive my office mates would know the hooks to poker face bad romance and just dance as well. 

 

 

While I agree with you that generally poker face, just dance, and bad romance are much much bigger, I think people underestimate how big of a cultural phenomenon internationally Bloody Mary was. In ways the charts couldn't capture even a 10th of.

 

id argue Bloody Mary is more known than shallow with younger, wednesday tiktok consuming-type audiences, maybe not the overall 20-50 range, but it could be close lowkey. 
 

the difference is I bet everyone who knows shallow knows it's a Gaga song, while majority of people I talked to who know "I'll dance dance dance" don't know that it's a Gaga song, but if we are purely gauging "which song have people heard more" Bloody Mary may win tbh 

 

but I think just dance bad romance and poker face def destroy it 

1 minute ago, Denim said:

While I agree with you than generally poker face, just dance, and bad romance are much much bigger, I think you are underestimating what a cultural phenomenon that was internationally. In ways the charts couldn't capture even a 10th of.

 

id argue Bloody Mary is more known than shallow with younger, wednesday tiktok consuming-type audiences, but def not the overall 20-50 range. 

Bloody Mary is indeed more known than Shallow, sorry but its truth. 

Aint no chart success could change that. 

 

And we never had bloody mary sped up version on spotify, so we can never know what its full potential would be on streaming platforms or on billboard charts. 

 

That " i'll dance dance dance" hook is immaculate and literally known by everybody. 

Reminder, straight from billboard, which I feel we don't address enough:

 

2023's Midyear Top 10 Most Streamed Songs in U.S. (On-Demand Audio & Video Combined)
1. Miley Cyrus, "Flowers" (750.7 million)
2. SZA, "Kill Bill" (701.2 million)
3. Morgan Wallen, "Last Night" (642.8 million)
4. PinkPantheress, "Boy's a Liar" (580.7 million)
5. Lady Gaga, "Bloody Mary" (531.7 million)
6. Rema & Selena Gomez, "Calm Down" (486.3 million)
7. Twisted featuring Oliver Tree, "Worth Nothing" (462.7 million)
8. J. Cole featuring Amber Coffman & The Cults, "She Knows" (455.6 million)
9. Fifty Fifty, "Cupid" (427.7 million)
10. Lil Uzi Vert, "Just Wanna Rock" (416.1 million)


also, it was the 3rd most shazamed song globally in 2023, which doesn't even track its peak in November/December 2022

 

 

sure this stat isn't super relevant in the stan chart wars, but this single stat encapsulates what songs people have heard more than any other. 
 

plus I don't think this even fully captures its tiktok plays + this is just us only 

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

Monday/Tuesday feels right to me too 

That would be 32 days before February 8th, 39 before February 14th, 46 before February 21st, and 53 before February 28th.

 

Billie announced it 40 days before the release.  :mandown:

 

2 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

That " i'll dance dance dance" hook is immaculate and literally known by everybody. 

It's super well known by people under the age of 30. I doubt most 40+ people have a clue what it is. But Shallow is the opposite. Everyone 30+ knows it but gen z probably doesn't. They are both hits, just in somewhat different age demographics.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Reminder, straight from billboard, which I feel we don't address enough:

 

2023's Midyear Top 10 Most Streamed Songs in U.S. (On-Demand Audio & Video Combined)
1. Miley Cyrus, "Flowers" (750.7 million)
2. SZA, "Kill Bill" (701.2 million)
3. Morgan Wallen, "Last Night" (642.8 million)
4. PinkPantheress, "Boy's a Liar" (580.7 million)
5. Lady Gaga, "Bloody Mary" (531.7 million)
6. Rema & Selena Gomez, "Calm Down" (486.3 million)
7. Twisted featuring Oliver Tree, "Worth Nothing" (462.7 million)
8. J. Cole featuring Amber Coffman & The Cults, "She Knows" (455.6 million)
9. Fifty Fifty, "Cupid" (427.7 million)
10. Lil Uzi Vert, "Just Wanna Rock" (416.1 million)

 

sure this stat isn't super relevant in the stan chart wars, but this single stat encapsulates what songs people have heard more than any other. 

Thread this immediately :santa:

I'm still gonna cackle a bit tho, paybacks for treating her pop career as sheet and always counting on a movie to revive it

IMG_6413.thumb.jpeg.625ff3d67fccc3bb0f27

10 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Who the f-ck cares about US locals aged 20-50 when you guys listen to whatever payola-ed to your ears by rich men in black suit:rip:

 

A song becomes a real hit when its world wide success and in big non English speaking ones.

 

Bloody Mary is up there her most known songs along with poker face, bad romance, just dance and shallow. 

 

When we count her classics, we should count it as well or it wouldnt feel right at all. Cuz it aint any less than her other classics. 

Ok and there's no indication that Bloody Mary is bigger than those named other than a conversation with your office mates. Bloody Mary had its viral moment and you're clinging to some false narrative because you want to combat some OGH solo hit narrative. No serious person can argue that Bloody Mary was or ever has been bigger than Poker Face, Shallow, Bad Romance or Just Dance. 

4 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

It's super well known by people under the age of 30. I doubt most 40+ people have a clue what it is. But Shallow is the opposite. Everyone 30+ knows it but gen z probably doesn't. They are both hits, just in somewhat different age demographics.

Yeah this is also true. Plus the fact that most of the gen z listeners don't even know it's called Bloody Mary or a Gaga song definitely knock it down a bit in terms of gauging her classics 

2 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

It's super well known by people under the age of 30. I doubt most 40+ people have a clue what it is. But Shallow is the opposite. Everyone 30+ knows it but gen z probably doesn't. They are both hits, just in somewhat different age demographics.

So yeah my point is .. it really doesnt feel right to cut it out when we name her classics just because over billboard US chart position.. 

 

Bloody Mary kinda bigger than her big 5 in some markets and demographics. 

It was also streamed over billion times during its run, we just dont have those #s on spotify because they sadly didnt upload sped up version on spotify or on any streaming platforms. 

 

To me her biggest hits/classics are: 

 

Bloody Mary without a doubt 

Poker Face without a doubt

Bad Romance without a doubt 

Shallow without a doubt 

Just Dance without a doubt 

 

and soon to be Die With a Smile

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.