Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Kelly Clarkson

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

it didn't help meaning of life when she was on the voice. 

Meaning Of Life was released in October 2017. Her first season of The Voice started in February 2018. By the time the lives started it was late March or April. MOL was about half a year old. It was obviously too late.
 

I’m talking about starting a new album era and actually using The Voice at the same time the album comes out. :-) 
 

She hasn’t had a “regular” album in 5 years and I’m sure they want a big rollout. It’ll be good promo! 

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Views 624.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I texted @Bloo tonight and told him I’m gonna do a Kelly takeover this weekend for ATRL. If you have any suggestions on things we should tweet out or do for the site, let is know. She’s gonna be on th

  • This was an amazing cover. More than anything, I want Kelly to land a major cinematic theme song like MHWGO or IWALY. She has the voice for it and, if it did well, it could be a hit for her. I would l

  • no shade but I expect more from her 1st independent release. she now has 100% creative control + freedom and the first thing she releases sounds like her last 2 albums   give us the country

12 hours ago, Ab1818 said:

Meaning Of Life was released in October 2017. Her first season of The Voice started in February 2018. By the time the lives started it was late March or April. MOL was about half a year old. It was obviously too late.
 

I’m talking about starting a new album era and actually using The Voice at the same time the album comes out. :-) 
 

She hasn’t had a “regular” album in 5 years and I’m sure they want a big rollout. It’ll be good promo! 

The thing is, I think The Voice is pretty inconsistent with helping judge's music releases. Part of this is probably because judges are older and past commercial prime, but are there examples of judges releasing an album during their season and it being particularly successful?

11 minutes ago, justinxx said:

The thing is, I think The Voice is pretty inconsistent with helping judge's music releases. Part of this is probably because judges are older and past commercial prime, but are there examples of judges releasing an album during their season and it being particularly successful?

The Voice’s audience is a lot of older people. A lot of those people don’t care about the younger artists/ pop music, with Maroon 5 being an exception, but their music is also very radio friendly. I think it helped Blake a lot. It also helped Kelly become a bigger tv personality and get the talk show.
 

Being on The Voice is great exposure and can only help. They get around 6-7 million viewers every episode and gives Kelly another place to get exposure and another place to promote. The only downside would be if they only use that for promotion… doubt it though.

Wow! This is amazing! She really is building her empire! I would so buy this! And it’s right up her alley. She loves Tex Mex. And her promoting on her show is the best promotion. 

Saw a taping of the voice today - Kelly has a great blind auditions look!! Great hair, makeup and wardrobe!!! 

2 hours ago, wren said:

Saw a taping of the voice today - Kelly has a great blind auditions look!! Great hair, makeup and wardrobe!!! 

Sweet! Are the jackets back again? 

40 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

Sweet! Are the jackets back again? 

I am pretty sure they are (her make up and hair team were wearing them), unfortunately she didn't turn for anyone in my showing so I don't know for a 100% fact haha - but I think so as every other coach gave something out.

  • ATRL Moderator

The Voice helping her commercially with her music is not within the cards. Televised promotion really doesn't have much steam in the 2020s like it did in the 2000s and early 2010s. 

  • ATRL Moderator

We need the younger generation to latch onto her ultimate breakup anthem on TikTok and give her the flowers she deserves :ghostface:

 

I mean, I'm mostly kidding. Kelly has nothing left to prove in my opinion, and I'm way more focused on getting great material (which I know she'll provide) rather than commercial success. 

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

I mean, I'm mostly kidding. Kelly has nothing left to prove in my opinion, and I'm way more focused on getting great material (which I know she'll provide) rather than commercial success. 

This is the right attitude to have honestly. Kelly's in her 40s now, she doesn't engage in social media (as she recently admitted on TKCS, leaving all that to staff), and isn't interested in participating in the music industry in the way the music industry now demands in order to maintain strong commercial success. The game is just different. If you are constantly hoping for a commercial breakthrough for Kelly's music, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. She's focused on her kids, her talk show, and other priorities. Whenever the new material comes out, I just hope it's good and meaningful. 

 

I, too, wish she had better guests on TKCS, though. I would have loved to see Jennette McCurdy go on TKCS to promote her new memoir, for instance. I'd love to see Taylor go on to promote Midnights. Something that'll draw a lot of online engagement.

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Bloo said:

This is the right attitude to have honestly. Kelly's in her 40s now, she doesn't engage in social media (as she recently admitted on TKCS, leaving all that to staff), and isn't interested in participating in the music industry in the way the music industry now demands in order to maintain strong commercial success. The game is just different. If you are constantly hoping for a commercial breakthrough for Kelly's music, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. She's focused on her kids, her talk show, and other priorities. Whenever the new material comes out, I just hope it's good and meaningful. 

 

I, too, wish she had better guests on TKCS, though. I would have loved to see Jennette McCurdy go on TKCS to promote her new memoir, for instance. I'd love to see Taylor go on to promote Midnights. Something that'll draw a lot of online engagement.

Whew, all of this. Jennette would have been an incredible guest on the show :ghostface:and I completely agree with the commercial success/social media points. This upcoming record has got to be my most anticipated Kelly album ever, I just know it's going to be incredible 

  • ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Whew, all of this. Jennette would have been an incredible guest on the show :ghostface:and I completely agree with the commercial success/social media points. This upcoming record has got to be my most anticipated Kelly album ever, I just know it's going to be incredible 

I agree. I think there's a lot of potential for this album to be her most personal alongside My December (it may even usurp it in that regard). That's something to look forward to and she seems to have been clearly inspired since she scrapped the album she was intending for 2020 to start anew. My December wasn't a commercial success and it's personally my favorite album. Obsessing over commercial success at this point is just a waste. Still excited to hear whatever she puts out though. :alexz3:

It’s difficult now to chart and sell millions of albums. Streaming definitely changed everything. But agreed with the not worrying about that. It’d be nice, but as long as she’s putting out good music, I don’t really care. 
 

Still, don’t think there are many negatives that come from being on The Voice. If it helps her get a few more streams and sales, why not. :-) It does seem like they’ll be using this time to also start rolling out the new era. We’ll see!!

  • ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, Ab1818 said:

It’s difficult now to chart and sell millions of albums. Streaming definitely changed everything. But agreed with the not worrying about that. It’d be nice, but as long as she’s putting out good music, I don’t really care. 
 

Still, don’t think there are many negatives that come from being on The Voice. If it helps her get a few more streams and sales, why not. :-) It does seem like they’ll be using this time to also start rolling out the new era. We’ll see!!

It does nothing for her besides a paycheck and the show is such a naked exploitative mess that doesn’t care about artists. I genuinely just hate the show and don’t like Kelly being affiliated with it. :coffee2:

I love seeing Kelly on The Voice but since it's Blake's last I hope it's Kelly's too. NBC gonna try everything to keep her though I'm sure :rip:

1 hour ago, KCFan2014 said:

I love seeing Kelly on The Voice but since it's Blake's last I hope it's Kelly's too. NBC gonna try everything to keep her though I'm sure :rip:

Yep, both she and Blake are the last two pillars The Voice is really standing on. If both of them leave, viewership will plummet badly (it's probably going to take a good hit with Blake leaving just like Kelly leaving this season did).

 

In other news Since U Been Gone reaches 500M streams on Spotify. Her second song to do so. :party:

50 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

I can see her getting (and winning) Traditional Pop Vocal Album.

Any idea who is eligible this year for that one? 
 

looking back on past nominations and winners only one holiday album one

 

edit: Michael buble released and album this year. Him and Tony Bennet are grammy darlings for this category 

Edited by RealityBites


Krusty The Clown mentioned Kelly on The Simpsons. That’s her on the wall lol

Yeah, the duet Kellyokes is a nice way to add something new to the covers and the show. They get a lot of attention for it and go viral, it’s a win for everyone. :clap3:

On 10/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, jpsketch said:

 

Oh, she's taking it.

 

 

(The Emmy's next year, that is.)

She really is!!!!!

 

I was SHOOK when I watched the episode :jonny:

Doesn’t look like too much competition for Kelly this Christmas season. 
 

Backstreet Boys, PTX (yes another one lol) and Appears Alicia Keys is releasing one. 
 

Hopefully When Christmas Comes Around is able to shine again this year. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.