Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Kelly Clarkson

Featured Replies

That's Right has really grown on me lol

 

It's catchy and I like the island feel.  

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Views 625.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I texted @Bloo tonight and told him I’m gonna do a Kelly takeover this weekend for ATRL. If you have any suggestions on things we should tweet out or do for the site, let is know. She’s gonna be on th

  • This was an amazing cover. More than anything, I want Kelly to land a major cinematic theme song like MHWGO or IWALY. She has the voice for it and, if it did well, it could be a hit for her. I would l

  • no shade but I expect more from her 1st independent release. she now has 100% creative control + freedom and the first thing she releases sounds like her last 2 albums   give us the country

My revised track listing made me appreciate That’s Right a lot more lol. Skip This Part feels like a big dramatic finale but then That’s Right is comes on like a surprise hidden track to end on a lighter note.

 

Me also plays much better. It makes so much sense after Rock Hudson, and My Mistake follows Me nicely since they both lean more towards Kelly’s soulful side.

 

Those were the 3 that felt just a little out of place on the album to me.

I take back what I said about 'i hate love'. It's a grower for sure and it makes more sense when you play it with the others.

 

Secondly, chemistry track itself is amazing.  :jonnycat:

 

2 hours ago, MissedTheTrain said:

FINALLY listening and I was a little nervous based on some reactions I saw but I love it :jonny:  Rock Hudson is my favorite, followed by the title track and Skip This Part.  She sounds stronger than ever vocally on this album, and her voice sells it.  You can hear her trying new things vocally and I love it.  So so happy she finally got this out.

 

My one gripe is that the production is lackluster on a lot of it....My Favorite Kind of High is the biggest offender, it just sounds a bit watered down and dated...really would have shined with more oomph.  But I do really like the album!  I'll need to sit with it a while to see where it ranks amongst her discography.

I have to agree 100% (not on the production though). I love what they did with the backing vocals and it just helps make this album click almost instantly.

 

Rock Hudson, Lighthouse, Chemistry, Magic and Down to You just rounds out some of her best tracks she's done. RH and Lighthouse are arguably in her top ten tracks easily.

I'll legitimately be upset if she doesn't get an Album of the Year nomination and at the very least Best Pop Vocal Album win.

 

She's on her best years ever since the Stronger and Meaning of Life and she should win a few more Grammys.

I weirdly hate Rock Hudson. I find the sound of her vocals on the chorus annoying … it’s a little shorty? 

 

My current favorites are Chemistry, Skip this Part, and That’s Right.

3 minutes ago, justinxx said:

I weirdly hate Rock Hudson. I find the sound of her vocals on the chorus annoying … it’s a little shorty?

I just said the same thing in the album thread. :rip:

 

I'm hoping it grows on me.

19 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

why does Metacritic always forget she exists?

Has she had enough reviews yet for them to put her on there? You need four metacritic counted reviewers to get an entry. So far, I've only seen two publications that have reviewed Chemistry and Page Six doesn't count for metacritic.

My review: 

 

Legendary Tier:

 Magic - this has to be one of my fave song's of Kelly's album - I have an after midnight playlist of chill songs and this just fits in there. The layering is so pretty. 

Great tier:

High Road - I want to listen to this out loud in the car on each journey

Down to you - kinda think this would have been a good single 

Chemistry - love this, it is so pretty and her voice sounds so great. 

Rock Hudson  - this brings me back to breakaway a little and I live. 

Lighthouse - really like it and it is so catchy. Not my fave Kelly ballad though

That's right - really fun and it is a bop

Mine - still really like this song, great vocals 

Good:

RFC - it is really catchy and fun but not close to the other tracks above.

IHL- it is really catchy and fun but not close to the other tracks above.

Me - meh but the vocals are so good. 

Not my thing:

Favorite kind of high - disappointing

Agree on RH. It’s cute but forgettable to me. I have listened to it 4 or 5 times now and I can’t remember anything about the melody or lyrics except the piece by piece line which is great. I probably won’t use. 
 

That said, it seems to be a favorite among many so it’s prob me. 

Edited by MJ Boston

I feel like I’m missing something on Lighthouse.

 

The belts feel a little off.. like they needed some better mixing or something. Great lyrics though.

 

I was worried after RFC and FKOH but the album is solid. Already better than PBP and AIEW.

Lighthouse's prechorus is pretty but the rest of the song is boring tbh.

 

The title track is god tier.

  • ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Magic might actually have propelled itself to my number 1 

Omg baby I’m so proud of you :jonny4:

I truly won't know where this album will sit by next year, but I thought it would be fun to play...

 

Way-To-Early-To-Tell Album Ranking!

If I'm being honest, ranking is a little silly. We all have a lot of different tastes, moods, desires, and feelings, and those things change minute by minute. I want to preface this by saying I enjoy every album she's ever released. Here we go!

  1. Meaning of Life
  2. Wrapped in Red
  3. chemistry
  4. Breakaway
  5. My December
  6. All I Ever Wanted
  7. Stronger
  8. When Christmas Comes Around...
  9. Thankful
  10. Piece by Piece

Also, I hope someone makes a song sorter for chemistry!

 

 

2 hours ago, justinxx said:

I weirdly hate Rock Hudson. I find the sound of her vocals on the chorus annoying … it’s a little shorty? 

 

My current favorites are Chemistry, Skip this Part, and That’s Right.

I don't hate it but I also don't get the hype. It's kinda boring for a Kelly anthem. The 'by the way piece by piece' hook is really catchy but the rest of the song is kinda meh. They should have amped up production into a rock banger cuz it falls a bit short. 

RH's only real flaw was it didn't lean harder into the rock side of it. Kind of a tease. :coffee2:

 

Magic and Chemistry still did a lot of heavy lifting in the middle part of the album, even if I love FKOH and Mine. Took me a couple of listens for Magic to click but Chemistry gots this Maybe vibe going on I 100% **** with.

Rock Hudson is the most vulnerable she is about the breakup imo, even more so than Lighthouse. It’s the perfect way to eradicate PBP from her set list.

  • ATRL Moderator

RH is a mid song on the album. Not bad. Not great. I enjoy it. But there are several songs better than it in my opinion. So it definitely falls in the middle of the album.

 

It sounds very reminiscent of Stronger (the album, not the song) in terms of style and that’s one of my least favorite albums of Kelly. 

I was SO nervous I wasn't going to like the album.  I echo everybody's sentiments about Magic, but Chemistry is that gworl.  It's so different and I think her voice moves through the song so beautifully.

The album is up to 14 on Apple Music USA. That's higher than I expected it to reach tbh.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.