1) stp 7.2k

2) dty 5.9k

3) magic 5.1k

4) rock Hudson 4.8k

4) chemistry 4.8k

6) high road 4.6k

7) my mistake 3.6k

8) that’s right 3k

rock Hudson also has 10k from the belasco performance.

itll be interesting if Spotify mirrors these tracks - excluding rock Hudson cos of playlisting push today…

but it seems skip this part (album opener) and down to you are the two most popular at the moment. Magic also is doing comparatively well

Ugh I haven’t gotten any shipping notification for my CD and vinyl yet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Ugh I haven’t gotten any shipping notification for my CD and vinyl yet. 

Same.  Australia got theirs too early and we can't even gets our shipped the week of release :skull:

1 hour ago, kellysclarkson said:

Has anyone playlisted the album in order of the relationship, from favorite kind of high onwards? I think it would be an interesting listening experience

I think I’m gonna do that cause you can clearly make out the parts of the relationship based on the songs.  

• Like 1

Ahhhh it is out! Let me listen :duca:

First impressions after 1st listen:

- the album is good

- I get why IHL, RFC and That's Right are at the end of the album, they feel like bonus tracks sonically

- Chemistry and Magic left the least of impression

- overall the album is probably the catchiest Kelly has, some of songs sound instantly so catchy and familiar

- Mine was a good lead

2 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

While Spotify numbers will be a bit weird cos of playlisting and prior tracks,

these are the out the gates YouTube audios for the tracks

1) stp 7.2k

2) dty 5.9k

3) magic 5.1k

4) rock Hudson 4.8k

4) chemistry 4.8k

6) high road 4.6k

7) my mistake 3.6k

8) that’s right 3k

rock Hudson also has 10k from the belasco performance.

itll be interesting if Spotify mirrors these tracks - excluding rock Hudson cos of playlisting push today…

but it seems skip this part (album opener) and down to you are the two most popular at the moment. Magic also is doing comparatively well

The My Mistake justice.:alexz:

My ranking rn:

1. Magic
  2. Skip this part
  3. My mistake
  4. High Road
  5. Down to you
  6. Lighthouse
  7. Mine
  8. Chemistry
  9. Rock Hudson -- i hope this moves up for me, im not really feeling it yet, idk why :( 
  10. That's right
  11. Favorite king of high
  12. RFC
  13. Me
  14. IHL

in general, i love all the songs :) i kind of wish i waited to listen to it in whole instead of listening to the weekly drops, but i have no self control haha

I think I love Rock Hudson so much cause it really is so specific to her situation but also very relatable.  It's obviously referencing how someone in a failing relationship is trying to still fake it in front of others to save face or for whatever reason.  That's super relatable and really shitty when a partner wants to do that.  But in Kelly's case, it's even more sinister cause of the business connection she had with him.  He was her manager and I'm just imagining how many conversations they've had where he's told her to smile for the camera even tho they may be fighting behind the camera.  And how he wanted her to this perfect person still even tho everything is crumbling.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KellBell said:

I think I love Rock Hudson so much cause it really is so specific to her situation but also very relatable.  It's obviously referencing how someone in a failing relationship is trying to still fake it in front of others to save face or for whatever reason.  That's super relatable and really shitty when a partner wants to do that.  But in Kelly's case, it's even more sinister cause of the business connection she had with him.  He was her manager and I'm just imagining how many conversations they've had where he's told her to smile for the camera even tho they may be fighting behind the camera.  And how he wanted her to this perfect person still even tho everything is crumbling.

Today I’ve basically been rotating RH and DTY. RH is so so so good

Omg the Elvis Duran interview is so fun and he’s so supportive of her!!

I just love how each album is a complete reflection of where she is in life at the time. Even in PxP & MOL where she didn't actually write a lot. But this album in particular really captures her life (and her vocal state)now.

And the lyrics she’s written….ppl should be reminded how good of a songwriter she has been

Edited by lyl94115

If there are 3 singles (cause we didn't really habe more since... um, Breakaway), I think it should be Mine, DTY and Lighthouse. 

• Thanks 1

I'd like to think that Kelly didn't make Chemistry as a full breakup album because some of the happier songs on the album are just too good be excluded

Spotify partial days in (not sure if fully in or if rock Hudson, my mistake and that’s right got fewer than 1,000 streams - which is possible given album placement as last new songs, but a bit weird with Rock Hudson playlisting)

* as writing rock Hudson has come through

skip this part - 2,135

high road - 1,576

down to you - 1,381

chemistry - 1,354

magic - 1.171

rock Hudson - 3,970

based on these numbers, we’re probably looking at a red flag collector sort of numbers for rock Hudson as that song had a partial day of 3,689 and then gained 132,072 the first day

• ATRL Moderator

FINALLY listening and I was a little nervous based on some reactions I saw but I love it :jonny:  Rock Hudson is my favorite, followed by the title track and Skip This Part.  She sounds stronger than ever vocally on this album, and her voice sells it.  You can hear her trying new things vocally and I love it.  So so happy she finally got this out.

My one gripe is that the production is lackluster on a lot of it....My Favorite Kind of High is the biggest offender, it just sounds a bit watered down and dated...really would have shined with more oomph.  But I do really like the album!  I'll need to sit with it a while to see where it ranks amongst her discography.

1 hour ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Omg the Elvis Duran interview is so fun and he’s so supportive of her!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Spotify partial days in (not sure if fully in or if rock Hudson, my mistake and that’s right got fewer than 1,000 streams - which is possible given album placement as last new songs, but a bit weird with Rock Hudson playlisting)

* as writing rock Hudson has come through

skip this part - 2,135

high road - 1,576

down to you - 1,381

chemistry - 1,354

magic - 1.171

rock Hudson - 3,970

based on these numbers, we’re probably looking at a red flag collector sort of numbers for rock Hudson as that song had a partial day of 3,689 and then gained 132,072 the first day

So are we looking at 2 million streams in total (album) for the first day? :rip:

6 hours ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Overall US iTunes

Album

#1 chemistry 

Songs

#29 lighthouse 

#59 me

#99 mine

#126 RFC 

#143 FKOH 

#183 IHL 

Overall US iTunes

Album

#1 chemistry 

Songs

#24 lighthouse 

#29 me

#44 mine

#77 FKOH 

#104 RFC

#120 IHL 

#187 DTY

Me has had a big jump today 

5 hours ago, kellysclarkson said:

Has anyone playlisted the album in order of the relationship, from favorite kind of high onwards? I think it would be an interesting listening experience

I came up with this order and it actually plays pretty well. It's definitely a different experience:

1. Favorite Kind of High

2. Magic

3. Chemistry

4. Lighthouse

5. Down To You

6. Rock Hudson

7. Me

8. My Mistake

9. High Road

10. Red Flag Collector

11. Mine

12. I Hate Love

13. Skip This Part

14. That's Right

I don't know if it perfectly reflects the timeline (Skip This Part should probably be earlier, and Lighthouse later), but I see it as: 1-3 are obviously the beginning/love part of the relationship. 4-6 dive into the issues during the relationship. 7-9 are about coming out of the relationship. 10-14 are about the divorce/self-reflection/recovery.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

So are we looking at 2 million streams in total (album) for the first day? :rip:

I mean I could probably do a better calculation but with the playlists it’s a bit messy. When the single songs were released it worked pretty much as 2.5k partial to 100k

so on that basis, a rough guesstimate from the daily data (here’s my spreadsheet - look for chemistry tracking tab - if you want https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VieaybKINqXaDP8gZiW1bXnJ6Ku7yO4XM83yyzv_oCQ/edit)

stp - 80k

mine - 85k

high road - 60k

me - 50k

dty - 50k

chemistry - 50k

fkoh - 100k

magic - 40k

lighthouse - 70k

rock hudson - 130k

my mistake - n/a based on partial - 20k?

rfc - 70k

ihl - 70k

thats right - n/a based on partial - 15k?

but that said I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s on the higher end, but who knows, these guesstimates from previous data wouldn’t add up to a million :gaycat6: 

so i really love this record BUT it's missing rage/anger I think. 

I AM OBSESSED WITH THAT'S RIGHT!

I do understand that it's a totally different vibe from the rest of the album, but it's so fun, catchy and waaaay sexier than FKOH! 

Summer release!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.