Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Kelly Clarkson

Featured Replies

33 minutes ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Remember this week isn’t the week to deep analyse the songs data for second radio single, it’s next week when playlisting changes - FKOH has its earlier release playlisting still largely there (positive thing but song isn’t blowing up), rock Hudson has release week focus playlisting. These numbers would seemingly say that lighthouse is the song with best potential (although it’s not really a summer song). 

Couldn't lighthouse also be benefiting from the focus it got on Wednesday? 
 

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Views 625.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I texted @Bloo tonight and told him I’m gonna do a Kelly takeover this weekend for ATRL. If you have any suggestions on things we should tweet out or do for the site, let is know. She’s gonna be on th

  • This was an amazing cover. More than anything, I want Kelly to land a major cinematic theme song like MHWGO or IWALY. She has the voice for it and, if it did well, it could be a hit for her. I would l

  • no shade but I expect more from her 1st independent release. she now has 100% creative control + freedom and the first thing she releases sounds like her last 2 albums   give us the country

33 minutes ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Couldn't lighthouse also be benefiting from the focus it got on Wednesday? 
 

It has very poor streams Wednesday (15k) and Thursday was *okay* (62k) but it was on a few playlists including NMF UK so it’s not the cleanest analysis yet. Next week once release week playlists subside a bit will be easier analysis, although previous releases would have some playlisting (E.g. it would help for seeing any song released with album + lighthouse I guess)

As per requested in dms, I have found an old spreadsheet with data for MoL after release. I don’t have my one with every bit of data but I found one I’d made on the 2nd November 2017 (7 days after release)

 

A minute - 340,304

LSS - 11,994,619

Heat - 1,279,570

MoL - 2,082,497

MY - 1,599,003

WLW - 422,587

Medicine - 412,899

Cruel - 357,779

DI - 352,672

WYCTL - 360,149

IDTAY - 385,661

SD - 327,503

DYP - 294,694

GH - 389,517

 

total: 20,599,454

 

bare in mind, mol was released in an era where iTunes sales were still a thing in the USA (not really anywhere else tbh) so that wouldve impacted a bit. It’s curious to see that IDTABY does stand out a little bit from release, whereas its recurrents are not as good as WLW now. 
 

 

naturally, we can also see the earlier in track listing the more passive streams the songs get from an album though listen. 

When MOL came out, BB released an article with the update on Kelly's discography SPS. I wish we could get that again. I'm sure the numbers have grown in six years. It would be cool to see updated SPS numbers. 

2 minutes ago, xDiamondx said:

LSS and MOL were really that *****. :gaycat5:

Chemistry’s overall numbers are better atm - LSS streaming numbers have been pretty poor, will be 3-4 years before it hits 100m, whereas broken and beautiful will hit 150 next year :gaycat6: it’s really weird to see how MoL’s numbers were meh. Like IDY would be the second most streamed song if it was on it. It almost seems like Atlantic still don’t really know how to get her numbers better 

I am warming up to the album a little bit more. I think this is how I would've done the singles rollout.

 

1. down to you (spring release with a music video)

2. favorite kind of high (summer release, belasco video and a remix with a rapper like cardi b since they're both on the same label)

3. lighthouse (fall/winter single with a music video)

4. chemistry (spring release, vegas live video)

24 minutes ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Chemistry’s overall numbers are better atm - LSS streaming numbers have been pretty poor, will be 3-4 years before it hits 100m, whereas broken and beautiful will hit 150 next year :gaycat6: it’s really weird to see how MoL’s numbers were meh. Like IDY would be the second most streamed song if it was on it. It almost seems like Atlantic still don’t really know how to get her numbers better 

True, but I think that's attributed to her being on her own show consistently compared to the Voice. But I just meant that people really were streaming the two songs the most out of the album on MoL lol

 

That said, I think @jpsketch said it best, she has the opportunities but she just says no more often than not. 

11 minutes ago, xDiamondx said:

True, but I think that's attributed to her being on her own show consistently compared to the Voice. But I just meant that people really were streaming the two songs the most out of the album on MoL lol

 

That said, I think @jpsketch said it best, she has the opportunities but she just says no more often than not. 

Ahhh I see i thought you meant mol the album not song haha - yeah the song did well out the gates :) 

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey

1 hour ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Ahhh I see i thought you meant mol the album not song haha - yeah the song did well out the gates :) 

I think Heat would’ve done amazing out of the gate instead of LSS. 
 

1. heat 

2. would you call that love

3. whole lotta woman 

4. meaning of life 

5. move you 

If Lighthouse doesn’t get a big push for a single I’m going to raise hell. It is ROTY/SOTY material. :cries:

 

3 hours ago, Pilantra said:

Rock Hudson would smash, despite what some of the tasteless takes here would have you believe. 

I can see it already smashing yasss global hit Taylor wishes

i would've produced/engineered lighthouse differently. i think it would've been better as a piano ballad ala easy on me or a power rock ballad. 

1 hour ago, MJ Boston said:

If Lighthouse doesn’t get a big push for a single I’m going to raise hell. It is ROTY/SOTY material. :cries:

 

i mean if bonnie raitt could nag a SOTY nom for a barely known song, i think kelly could get a nom in that category if her team and atlantic campaign for it. 

5 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

i mean if bonnie raitt could nag a SOTY nom for a barely known song, i think kelly could get a nom in that category if her team and atlantic campaign for it. 

It’s just lyrically and melodically gorgeous. It will resonate with so many people if they get the chance to hear it. It hit me like a wall of bricks. 
 

I think it would also be stunning as a piano ballad and I could see her singing it as such live and releasing another version a la PBP. 
 

For the record, I am obviously a huge KC stan and always have been - there aren’t many songs of hers I would realistically say are ROTY/SOTY material but this is in my opinion. 

Edited by MJ Boston

19 hours ago, kelli101 said:

Wait-

Thats Rights is so random, but it’s kinda serving c*nty. :jonnycat:

It should be released as a single.

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

I think Heat would’ve done amazing out of the gate instead of LSS. 
 

1. heat 

2. would you call that love

3. whole lotta woman 

4. meaning of life 

5. move you 

Medicine over heat

1 minute ago, tell_me_a_lie said:

Medicine over heat

It's good to know that not all of your takes are garbage. 

Might be unpopular opinion but I am adamant that LSS and Mine were great leads and prolly the best songs to represent the respective albums.

 

That being said, MOL's singles should have been LSS -> WYCTL -> WLW

The misinformation on the kce re streams is rather infuriating…

 

RFC 2 days > 100k (day 1 - 132k, day 15 - 101k)

 

ihl 1 day > 200k (day 1 - 201k), 5 days > 100k (days 2, 5, 7, 8, 22)

 

FKOH guetta 12 days > 100k (days 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 23)

 

fkoh 1 day > 300k (day 1 - 316k), 1 day > 200k (day 7 - 209k), 26 days > 100k (days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 26)

 

me 1 days > 200k (day 1 - 209k), 8 days > 100k (days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 71)

 

mine 1 days > 500k (day 1), 7 days > 200k (days 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), 27 days > 100 k (days 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 33, 36, 37, 40, 41, 71)

 

lighthouse 1 day > 100k (day 3 - 126k)

 

skip this part 1 day > 100k (day 1 - 103k)

Also probs worth saying, although we all probably have different views on second single, after Atlantic dropped the ball with WLW, it’s probably worth saying we as stans do everything (ie stream, playlist, insta stories etc) to support whatever is chosen as single despite preference 

 

that said, whatever they choose, I hope they actually have a plan for it. If it was meant to be FKOH, it’s a bit annoying they just left it there with no push before album as album first day streams for singles were all way above the expected from the partials based on single release 

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey

This album already has taken over MoL's number 1 spot easily for me. The one two three punch of DTY, Chemistry and Magic > the latter half of MoL (which I always skipped).

 

Love So Soft was the perfect lead for MOL.

LSS > MOL > Medicine > WLW > WYCTL would’ve been a great singles run.

 

As for singles from Chemistry, I see y’all discussing next singles but have we even had a single yet? I don’t even think Mine had an official push? Regardless, Rock Hudson is the only obvious smash on Chemistry, I fear.

I mean if I was doing this era, I would’ve done:

 

down to you / mine (double release)

magic (summer)

lighthouse (autumn)

rock hudson/deluxe track (after Xmas) 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.