Beyoncé

Kisuke

14 minutes ago, Keith said:

The only album in her entire discography that I would rank lower is the DC Christmas album.

Not the ST slander then praise Lemonade? 

spacer.png

• Replies 108.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Not the ST slander then praise Lemonade? 

spacer.png

Lemonade was a career high until Renaissance came along. Ngl Renaissance did to Lemonade what Deena's version of One Night Only did to Effie's version. Lemonade is still amazing though.

ESDjGv0XsAEBADm.jpg

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

Y’all better never come for my hot takes again.

spacer.png

You joined in 2020 around the time I disappeared from here. They all know I have the most best taste in here.

15 minutes ago, Keith said:

ST has too many no's for me. Pretty Hurts, Ghost (which sucks because Haunted is great), No Angel, Jealous, and Heaven are all skips. Yoncé is a good but I have to do too much to skip past it just to get to Partition. The only other skips in her discography are If on B'Day, Satellites and That's Why You're Beautiful on IASF and Scar on The Gift.

I really wish Haunted & Partition we’re standalone tracks. They are two of her best tracks and yes “Ghost” and “Yonce” are amazing - but they could have been separated like the videos. 

7 hours ago, kimberly said:

Why does "Pretty Hurts" get so much hate? It's far from her best but I think it's a cute mid-tempo. Same with "XO," I feel like it's under appreciated as well.

spacer.png

I like both, and XO is in my Top 10 Bey songs, but I will say this - Pretty Hurts doesn’t belong on that album.

Sia has a very particular writing and vocal style to where it’s often super easy to hear her work/influence on tracks - even in the finished version. Pretty Hurts feels more like Bey covering a Sia song, than a Beyoncé song that was written by Sia. 

For an album that really establishes Bey’s unique POV in the pop/r&b landscape - the song lacks that real Beyoncé feeling to me. 

8 minutes ago, Keith said:

Lemonade was a career high until Renaissance came along. Ngl Renaissance did to Lemonade what Deena's version of One Night Only did to Effie's version. Lemonade is still amazing though.

ESDjGv0XsAEBADm.jpg

:deadbanana4: i lowkey enjoyed Jennifer’s version more.

Lemonade is good but I have to be in the mood 

Just now, simon said:

I really wish Haunted & Partition we’re standalone tracks. They are two of her best tracks and yes “Ghost” and “Yonce” are amazing - but they could have been separated like the videos. 

Exactly!!! Except Ghost isn't amazing. 

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

I like both, and XO is in my Top 10 Bey songs, but I will say this - Pretty Hurts doesn’t belong on that album.

Sia has a very particular writing and vocal style to where it’s often super easy to hear her work/influence on tracks - even in the finished version. Pretty Hurts feels more like Bey covering a Sia song, than a Beyoncé song that was written by Sia. 

For an album that really establishes Bey’s unique POV in the pop/r&b landscape - the song lacks that real Beyoncé feeling to me. 

I always thought that was the purpose of Pretty Hurts. Its the generic pop ballad that people expect from Beyoncé then Ghost ritual comes where she calls it boring. After that Yoncé is born and we get a completely different sound.

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

:deadbanana4: i lowkey enjoyed Jennifer’s version more.

Lemonade is good but I have to be in the mood 

:rip: miss me with that depressing song.

This song remains her best female collab

19 minutes ago, Keith said:

ESDjGv0XsAEBADm.jpg

This trash can pic is definitely giving hit meme.

ESDjGv0XsAEBADm.jpg

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

but the majority of Lem- 

spacer.png

Does each song on Lemonade have a more upbeat and fun counterpart?

Tiffany video was cute her lipping on the mic yasssssss I need that DIVA performance of summer ren eventually. She looks so ******* good lately :jonny4:

9 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

No like guys she looks 15 in the face :jonny5: YAAAASSSSS

30 minutes ago, Keith said:

I always thought that was the purpose of Pretty Hurts. Its the generic pop ballad that people expect from Beyoncé then Ghost ritual comes where she calls it boring. After that Yoncé is born and we get a completely different sound.

I like that theory, but to me, if that was the intent of the song why would they turn around and make PH a single?

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I like that theory, but to me, if that was the intent of the song why would they turn around and make PH a single?

She’s a troll. I mean why else would she make it an Urban only single :skull:

Is this specifically for the Tiffany ad or is this a legit part of the visuals?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.