Everything posted by JasonGosling
- Miley's 'Bass Persuades' earns the biggest 2nd week fall for an album debuting at #1
-
FKA twigs drops lawsuit against Shia LaBeouf after actor voids NDA
The singer initially claimed he was trying to stop her from "disclosing information about her own survival of sexual assault" Update: On October 6, 2026, FKA twigs dropped her latest lawsuit against Shia LaBeouf after the actor agreed to void an NDA prohibiting her from publicly discussing the alleged sexual abuse she experienced during their relationship. In a statement provided to Pitchfork, twigs' attorney, Mathew Rosengart, said,"Twigs stood up for something larger than herself, female survivors of sexual abuse." PitchforkFKA twigs Drops Lawsuit Against Shia LaBeouf After Actor...The singer initially claimed he was trying to stop her from “disclosing information about her own survival of sexual assault”
- TRL coming back for a special reunion in Times Square
- TRL coming back for a special reunion in Times Square
-
Olivia charts 11 songs on the Hot 100 this week, four months after album release
Well-deserved. The album is great.
-
Pitchfork critic hated Taylor's TTPD, now finds it one of her best/most interesting
Can't agree more. Yes, critics need to be opinionated. I also find that it seems TS is too big, and anything she releases now would be dragged. And critics are humans; thus, they have biases and can be swayed by the public reception. I know it is not fair to Taylor Swift, but to be honest, I don't know what else we can do, apart from letting the music marinate over time and speak for itself. I have to say, even as a fan, we are affected by her big catalogue and may form some initial perception of her new music as well. Take the 4 new songs. When I first listened to those, I think they were very similar to her previous work, and I did not find them interesting. But the more I listen to them, the more I find that they are actually not bad.
-
Hot 100 midweek predictions (10/17): Patient Zero #1 again,Drake #5, ADELA #10
The gap between Patient Zero and Choosing Texas is quite big. I think it's hard for TS to get the second week at 1 now.
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
Listening to those songs after a few days, I like them much better now. Patience 0: actually quite catchy, and the bridge does not annoy me as much as it did Cleveland: the melody of this song is actually great. I still don't like the vengeful theme and lyrics, as I think she's way past it. Pink Clouding: Still not a fan of using the colour metaphor (because it has been used a lot), but I like the synth. Babylon: The lyrics are the best, and it fits the showgirl musical theme.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Funny that I don't find the bridge as annoying as I first found it at the first few listens.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Someone said that it was the year when her parents knew each other, and their divorce was finalised in 2022.
-
Is Taylor's backlash valid?
With a big catalogue of hit singles and albums, it's very normal that people expect more from her and oftentimes compare her new material with her old songs. Also, it seems like there is a hate train towards her, as whatever she releases will be criticised. So yeah, there are two sides to the backlash now: one is the real pressure and expectation that GP and her fans have, and two is the irrational hate (perhaps because of her overexposure, I don't know). I don't think the four new songs are that bad, or that offensive, to receive that hate. But on the flip side, perhaps they sound too familiar, and their lyrics/topics were also utilised in her previous songs (perhaps, in a better way). It's difficult to be Taylor Swift in 2026, and this challenge/backlash is different from what she faced in 2016 and 2017 during the release of Reputation. But I believe that she will overcome it, the same way that she did back in the day during her Reputation era.
-
Pitchfork downgrades score for The Life of a Showgirl
As far as I know, the Pitchfork score and writing are separate. The score is determined by a different group/person rather than the writer. That's why there are times, when reading the review, it sounds like a higher score than the assigned one.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
The video has really elevated the song. The cinematography is beautiful. She improved her music video directing
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
My problem with these 4 new tracks is that they don't give me anything new. They sound like the old Taylor Swift, something from Lover, something from 1989, or something from Midnights. They have potential, but none of them flies in the end. They fit the album "TLOASG", btw. Patience Zero: starting off with the string, I like it. But the bridge of talking with too much information threw me off. Cleveland: The lyrics are a bit cringe to me. It's too literal and does not have the subtlety that it needs to make the song interesting. Also, perhaps she should stop writing songs about haters. Pink Clouding: This might be the best one. Sonically, the synth works for her (for many years). The bridge also contains some speaking (again). It feels like she could not melodise the bridge part, so she went with the speaking. Not a bad song, but not too excellent. And it's hard not to shake off the thought that this is a 1989 bonus track. Babylon: Even after a few listens, I still think that this song is a boring mid-tempo song. It sounds familiar, like another Taylor's song, but it does not leave much behind. Perhaps with more listens to come, I'll get to like those songs more. But for now, I understand the mid-to-low reaction that she receives for these encore songs. I still believe that she will take this criticism to really shine in her next album.
-
Lisa promotes pervert glasses
This title is very clickbaity and misleading. Not everyone using Meta glasses is a pervert. So I don't think it's fair to call the product pervert glasses.
-
Petition to remove P!nk as UNICEF Ambassador with 208k+ signatures and counting
Signed. But out of curiosity, do these campaigns make any waves? Like, if we get 100k signatures, would UNICEF do anything?
-
Hot 100 | Final predictions (9/26/26): Texas #1 (x23), Boston #2, Bby Wow #7
Wow, "Hate that I made you love me"'s longevity ... When the song was released, I thought it was a flop.
-
Grammys change Beyonce's Best Country Album win
Chill, bros! They updated all the previous winners, not only Beyonce.
-
Hot 100 | Final predictions (9/19/26): Texas #1 (x22), Boston #2, Bby Wow #10
I don't think Taylor will drop anything. Texas is still on the rise, and it will be there for a few more weeks.
-
HDD Final: #1 Rod Wave 101K, #2 Alex Warren 75K, #16 The Warning 30k
Never heard any songs from Rod Wave, but I think he constantly has the #1 album (this is his 4th time, if I am not wrong). Is he like "Lana Del Rey"? Not having a hit but having a cult fan base with a constant high streaming number overall for albums?
-
Hot 100 | Final predictions (9/12/26): Texas #1 (x21), Boston #2, IKIIKY #3
It still increases by 2%. TBH, at this rate, this song probably will stay at #1 until Christmas.
-
Zara Larsson doesn't want to be submitted for Best New Artist
I think though the name is "Best New Artist", its criteria are all about breakthrough artists. In the past, they awarded artists "Best New Artist" despite the fact that those artists might have had released multiple albums in the past.
- Elton John & Britney Spears released 'Hold Me Closer' 4 years ago !
-
The Icon Sessions with Taylor Swift, presented by the Recording Academy
After watching the interview, I have a feeling that she will go back to her roots (Country) for her 13th album.
-
Is "I Knew It I Knew You" the most fraudulent song of the year?
you != the world Considering I have not heard any song from Stray Kids, BTS, Agust D, Ateez, etc. I wouldn't call them fraudulent simply because their music is not popular to me, but I believe it is popular to other demographics, hence why they have chart success.