Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

RobDeWittBukater

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobDeWittBukater

  1. I'm afraid we'll have to go to the archives for the queen of goth Weimar Republic-coded music videos, Miss Inga Humpe
  2. Since this album came out, I've woken up each day with either Good Fine Alright or Near or Far stuck in my head. The way she manages to create instant classics time and time again, it needs to be studied.
  3. I remember when She announced the album on the New Heights podcast, I was expecting an album full of epic pop gold on the level of Cruel Summer, Style, Getaway Car, Hits Different, New Romantics, Delicate, Wildest Dreams etc. This time I have zero expectations.
  4. Ngl until now I had just assumed that Redlights was a cover, the chorus melody just sounds too familiar
  5. Innocent Ways... what is this Dance In the Dark by Gaga level banger Different Religion is so cool and unique yet catchy. Orbit is very pretty. I think I need a bit more time with the other songs but there's lots to appreciate here.
  6. The breadth of influence present on this album is just incredible. Habits of Creatures is giving me Off the Wall era MJ / Stevie Wonder, Never Let a Good Thing Die is giving Sophie Ellis-Bextor at her best, Amalfi Coast and You Don't Know How It Feels sound like they could have been on an alternate universe version of Kylie's Fever album... and tying it all together is Carly's ever-reliable knack for melody I don't even know how I'll be able to narrow down my favorite songs across both halves, but for now, I am most taken by Near or Far (so hypnotic and elegant), Versailles (the Curiosity EP esque chorus hits just right), Hold Me to the Light (that chorus is just so gorgeous melodically) and Lonely Side of the Bed (she's so good at these analogue bops). Can't wait to spend more time with this!
  7. I'm stuck in some legal tech online seminar and there's nothing I want to do more than finally listen to Burning Heart, Near or Far, Good Fine Alright, Amalfi Coast, Versailles, Hold Me to the Light and all those other songs this thread is raving about Save me Carlotta, Carlotta save me!!
  8. It would have to be The Kick by Foxes, such a bulletproof pop album for me
  9. Possibly the greatest pop chorus of all time I remember watching the video on my dad's iPad and my dad saying "she scares me". Meanwhile, 12 year old me was NOT scared, just in awe at the legendaricness I was witnessing Her best performance of this song is the one she did for A Gaga Thanksgiving btw. Sorry, I don't make the rules!
  10. It's giving that one episode of AHS Hotel where The Countess visits her baby
  11. This is such a perfect end-of-summer "in my feelings" song, the melodies are so classically Tinashe, easily my favorite thing she's released this era
  12. This song doesn't grab me personally but I still hope it does well for her, she's so talented and always delivering something interesting with her eras
  13. God this is so good Exhibitionism, Corsetry, Pistol (!!!), Visions Again, Metamorphia... this is basically no skips for me. Pistol is hitting that same "what if William Orbit and Dev Hynes had linked up with pre-TFM era Gaga circa Reloaded" spot for me that Jade hit with the gorgeous Unconditional. I know this is so oddly specific but that's just the vibe I get from these two songs
  14. I Miss the City is giving me the same feels that Boyfriend Forever did These gorgeous, feathery, twinkly melodies come so easy for her. Meanwhile, Gymnastics is another Timbaland-esque bop! This album is shaping up to be a no-skip affair
  15. This year I've gotten into a-ha in a big way and Scoundrel Days might be one of the most bulltetproof 80s albums I've come across, I need to listen to it more These majestic choruses and glacial soundscapes... they were really operating on a different level.
  16. I listened to Tove Lo's The Way That I Am a lot during a really depressive phase and I haven't touched that song since I've gotten out of that chapter of my life
  17. So many good options already posted in this thread - he really has gifted us so many pop bangers huh Let me add:
  18. Great thread idea! I have entire folders of playlists on Spotify, it's a bit of a hyperfixation Let me share the ones I have been going back to lately:
  19. Lately I have been obsessed with cooking millet for breakfast (both sweet and savory) and using feta in pasta sauces or as part of the stuffing for halved hokkaido pumpkin
  20. Love Nelly but the Ritual version of Maneater was a chore to get through. Very excited for the rest though!
  21. I like this! Don't Leave Me on the Dance Floor was a little too ABBA-pastiche-y for me. This feels more in line with the lively off-kilter vibe of the Day singles
  22. I am ready!!! Warrior wasn't my favorite, but The Times and Malibu are up there with some of her best work for me
  23. They perfected psychedelic disco with this song

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.