Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Peroxide

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Peroxide

  1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Smash Shake It Off - Smash Blank Space - Smash Bad Blood - Smash (despite being a terrible song) Look What You Made Me Do - Iconic moment for the fandom but isn't a smash in the way her previous hits were… but I'd still say this was a hit. cardigan - Longevity was extremely kind to Cardigan (2billion + streams is mega impressive)… but I'd say this become a retrospective slow-burn hit in the Taymania years. At the time of release this felt like a fraudulent number one. willow - Unfortunately Willow is pretty neglected by most of the fans… it's overshadowed by a bonus track on its parent album for Christ's sake. The initial chart run was pretty weak and a lot of desperate tactics were used to achieve the initial number one spot. All Too Well (Taylor's Version/10 Minute) - Another hard one because All Too Well is Taylor's most popular deep cut and I also feel like it's now turned into the signature Swiftie National Anthem… so whilst the initial chart run wasn't great I still think it felt like a hit. Anti-Hero - Mega smash despite not having weaker longevity than expected in the Taymania years… Anti-Hero was still a number one chart topper for 8 weeks and had a crazy strong run on the chart. Cruel Summer - At 3.5billion Spotify streams and a crazy impressive chart gun this is an undisputed mega smash Is It Over Now? - I think most people wouldn't recognise this song. It didn't really have much of a moment during its time of release. It's sitting at 608million Spotify streams which is pretty meh for a three year old number one hit. Fortnight - Regardless of how much I love it… Fortnight didn't have a crazy impressive chart run for a number one hit. That being said the fandom has definitely warmed to it since. It's recurrents are actually pretty good. The Fate of Ophelia - An undisputed mega smash. Opalite - It performed well and deserves its flowers. Certainly not a mega smash but definitely a hit. I Knew It, I Knew You - I know the U.S. chart performance has been super impressive but I don't feel like this song has made that much noise elsewhere. Patient Zero - Too soon to tell but I'm predicting a moderate hit compared to a smash.
  2. Peroxide replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    See I kinda think it rings true… Showgirl can be read as quite an angry album… and whilst its most prevalent on Cancelled, Cleveland and Actually Romantic… it is sort of baked into the DNA of the album (much like Rep).
  3. Taylor and Gaga Spotify threads are always the wildest to follow… and Miss Patient Zero is continuing that trend. Good for her. A bit too soon to tell if this is going to be a big hit. The first week was always going to be huge… this certainly won't be a Cardigan/Willow situation but I think we might have more of a Fortnight on our hands than an Ophelia.
  4. Peroxide replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    I genuinely wouldn't be mad at this in terms of direction. I think a classic 90's pop sound with nods to William Orbit style production would be beautiful… I know Radical Optimism is widely considered Dua's worst offering (and it is) but I think she perfectly captures that kind of sound on Happy For You, especially as the song builds towards the end. I would welcome this kind of production on a Taylor album.
  5. Early Allie vibes? Praise be. I've really struggled to enjoy her material post Cape God which is such a shame given how much I love her early work.
  6. Not you moving the goalposts. Girl. Your original claim was "Beyoncé ignored it since it got released + Beyoncé has never performed it live" - both false!
  7. Telephone was huge upon release. What is this answer?
  8. What a horrible story. This kind of stuff seems to be happening more and more frequently these days too. RIP to this poor man.
  9. He looks fine? Sure… he's not "celebrity levels of hot" anymore but 2009 was almost two decades ago… people are allowed to age.
  10. Good. Poets will absolutely get its moment in the sun further down the road…
  11. Debut - C+ Fearless - B Speak Now - A Red - A 1989 - A+ Reputation - B+ Lover - C+ Folklore - A+ Evermore - A Midnights - B+ TTPD - A+ TTPD: The Anthology - B+ TLOASG - E
  12. Probably one of the most disappointing listening experiences I've ever had for an album I was looking forward to. I was sort of cat-fished by Ophelia and everything just got progressively worse until we hit Eldest Daughter and at that point I knew we were in trouble… I couldn't fathom the same woman who gave us songs like Loml and The Prophecy just the previous year was giving us a chorus that started with "but I'm not a bad ***** and this isn't savage"… it felt felt like I was undergoing some sort of psychosis. From the standard edition, the only two songs worthy of being released were Ophelia and RTF. Everything else ranges from average to utterly diabolical.
  13. Showgirl is by far her worst album but the 11th spot is a little harder to place. For now… I would say it goes to debut. Lover still has Cruel Summer, Death By A Thousand Cuts, Afterglow, Soon You'll Get Better, I Think He Knows, the title track, Miss Americana etc… I think Lover is probably her tenth "worst" album but I certainly don't think it's bad. Just not amazing.
  14. Certain users make being both a fan of Gaga and Taylor on this site next to impossible.
  15. … coked-out circuit gays? Miss girl this isn't Charli or Slayyter. If you're going to drag, drag with accuracy.
  16. I completely understand why there was such a backlash when it came to Showgirl but Poets is absolutely sublime and deserved a much warmer critical reception. Possibly my favourite Taylor album and I've been a fan since Speak Now. 10/10 Tracks: Fortnight, Down Bad, But Daddy I Love Him, Fresh Out The Slammer, Guilty As Sin?, Loml, The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, The Prophecy 9/10 Tracks: The Tortured Poets Department, So Long London, Clara Bow, The Black Dog, imgonnagetyouback, I Hate It Here, I Look In Peoples Windows 8/10 Tracks: My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys, I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can), I Can Do It With A Broken Heart, The Alchemy, Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus, The Manuscript 7/10 Tracks: Who's Afraid of Little Old Me, The Albatross, How Did It End?, Thank You Aimee, Cassandra, Peter, The Bolter 6/10 Tracks: Florida!!!, So High School, Robin I think if we'd had gotten The Anthology a little further down the line the album would been received more favourably… and the lyrics people choose to make fun from the title track aren't even bad. It's a gorgeous body of work…
  17. Peroxide replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    For as much as I love Poets I wish I could capture and bottle the feeling I had when I listened to Anti-Hero for the first time… She was addressing criticism in a way that felt honest and self aware whilst also constructing these beautifully lush (almost musical theatre style) melodies from the verses to that BEAST of a chorus… "I'll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror - it must be exhausting always rooting for the Anti-Hero"… girl I was on the FLOOR when that chorus hit. And in terms of production - the instrumental slaps. Jack knocked it out of the park.
  18. Peroxide replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    I do also think… for anyone who's gone through a messy breakup (I was coming to the end of a longterm relationship when Poets was released) there's so many pockets of truth in the writing about what it means to let someone go. "I love you it's ruining my life" is almost insultingly simple and yet as a lyric - it carries an enormous amount of weight. For all its flaws, and all its Taylor-centred lore… Posts remains an enormously relatable breakup album.
  19. Peroxide replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Whilst most fans are kinda "meh" on Fortnight those of us that love it… really, really love it - and I'm right there with you. Fortnight is in my top three on Poets (alongside Loml and Guilty As Sin?)… it's the perfect kind of melancholic mid-tempo that Taylor does so well. Whilst I acknowledge it might not be her "best" pop song objectively speaking… (that honour would go to Style, Blank Space or Cruel Summer) it's one of my all-time favourite pop songs from her alongside Anti-Hero. The girls that get it get it.
  20. Clean is unironically my favourite Taylor Swift song so I'm glad Taylor pushed back! Everyone's definition of basic is different. I don't personally find the best of her catalog basic in any way shape or form… but to each their own!
  21. Peroxide replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Need will probably get released on a tenth anniversary edition of Lover or something. Always liked it… basically a sibling song to Afterglow. Kinda odd that All Of The Girls… got a (very random) streaming release and Need didn't despite leaking at the same time.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.