Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Rate Signup Thread: The RE-UP

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Album Leak said:

Now how do I get a multi-part video game soundtrack rate approved and people to participate...

koavminaj-koav.gif

Probably more of an Entertainment section rate, I think? @Ace Reject Those don't really need approval.

Tho since ur here, offer the girls your Finnish insight on girl groups.

  • Replies 239
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Admittedly, girl groups are one of my many J-pop blind spots. Super successful groups? That brings to mind AKB48 and Morning Musume ...but those are distinctly different set-ups to a Spice Girls type of group (as in, more of a strict unit than any focus on individuality).

Perhaps Perfume could work? Very western friendly J-pop group right there. Not suuuuuper successful in comparison, but I dunno. Suilen could probably offer some better insight on this.

  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, Graves said:

Probably more of an Entertainment section rate, I think? @Ace Reject Those don't really need approval.

Tho since ur here, offer the girls your Finnish insight on girl groups.

You are correct! @Album Leak, you're free to start that rate in Entertainment or Games - you choose!

10 minutes ago, Graves said:

Admittedly, girl groups are one of my many J-pop blind spots. Super successful groups? That brings to mind AKB48 and Morning Musume ...but those are distinctly different set-ups to a Spice Girls type of group (as in, more of a strict unit than any focus on individuality).

Perhaps Perfume could work? Very western friendly J-pop group right there. Not suuuuuper successful in comparison, but I dunno. Suilen could probably offer some better insight on this.

Well, if we only take success into consideration, then it would be AKB48 for Japan but yeah, adding them would be just setting them up because even j-pop fans don't always gel with them. Success and impact, then Morning Musume. They have plenty of hits that are palatable, too. Perfume would probably do better than both of them, though they do lack in both success and impact.

I guess I'd add Via Gra for Ukraine and Serebro for Russia. I'm not really enthusiastic about the latter, but they are brought up in conversations here occasionally.

11 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

You are correct! @Album Leak, you're free to start that rate in Entertainment or Games - you choose!

Oh yay! When I'm finally done with university stuff I'll start one immediately. heart

28 minutes ago, Graves said:

Probably more of an Entertainment section rate, I think? @Ace Reject Those don't really need approval.

Tho since ur here, offer the girls your Finnish insight on girl groups.

Overall most of the girl groups were girl bands (TikTak, Indica, Nerdee come to mind) rather than pop girl groups in the sense they were in US, UK or Asia.

But I will leave these rate winners here anyway.


  • Author
  • ATRL Moderator

Are there any South American or African girl groups of note? Australia has Bardot, which... not of note! @Patrick

15 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

Oh yay! When I'm finally done with university stuff I'll start one immediately. heart

I better see this ultimate masterpiece as one of the songs, I'm ready to die for it

kukai

22 minutes ago, Florence Belch said:

I better see this ultimate masterpiece as one of the songs, I'm ready to die for it

kukai

I fear not, it's going to be either a Touhou Project soundtracks rate or a Final Fantasy Vocal Collection rate. dancehall

17 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

I fear not, it's going to be either a Touhou Project soundtracks rate or a Final Fantasy Vocal Collection rate. dancehall

Then I better see you rig it for this miss Welch' giga serve

pikachoo

I'm up for a girl group rate or whatever y'all are talking about but please no AKB48, Nogizaka46 or anything of that sort for Japan rip

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

I guess I'd add Via Gra for Ukraine

no, we want NIKITA

Verevki, Izkusayu, Avokado top 3 clap3

Edited by Pendulum

the way I confused NIKITA with Via Gra rip hopefully you didn't see my sneak edit pancake

22. Grimes Discography Rate

Rate Host: Pendulum

Winner: "Oblivion" 

48. St Vincent Essentials Rate

Rate Host: Pendulum

Winner: "Strange Mercy"

Whitney Houston History GIF - Whitney Houston History Ahh - Discover &  Share GIFs

the GP is demanding another rate hosted by @Pendulum

Just now, Florence Belch said:

Then I better see you rig it for this miss Welch' giga serve

pikachoo

No we will be rigging it for the actual mother gaycat

1 hour ago, Album Leak said:

Final Fantasy Vocal Collection rate.

More reasons to make the Faye Wong essentials Rate happenjonny2

2 hours ago, Suilen said:

Well, if we only take success into consideration, then it would be AKB48 for Japan but yeah, adding them would be just setting them up because even j-pop fans don't always gel with them. Success and impact, then Morning Musume. They have plenty of hits that are palatable, too. Perfume would probably do better than both of them, though they do lack in both success and impact.

I guess I'd add Via Gra for Ukraine and Serebro for Russia. I'm not really enthusiastic about the latter, but they are brought up in conversations here occasionally.

I think we'll have to be more flexible regarding success because I just checked some groups mentioned here and most of them had one monstrous hit followed by more moderate ones.

Now that you mentioned it, I know some Via Gra songs. Idk about their popularity, but I think their final song would be a strong contender for #1.

2 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Are there any South American or African girl groups of note? Australia has Bardot, which... not of note! @Patrick

Besides Rouge from Brazil, the Popstars page says Bandana (Argentina) and Kiruba (Ecuador) had multiple #1s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popstars#Number_one_singles

EDIT: Would B*Witched count for Ireland? They feel more like rivals to the Spices than international counterparts tbh

Edited by OrbitNumber1

40 minutes ago, OrbitNumber1 said:

I think we'll have to be more flexible regarding success because I just checked some groups mentioned here and most of them had one monstrous hit followed by more moderate ones.

Now that you mentioned it, I know some Via Gra songs. Idk about their popularity, but I think their final song would be a strong contender for #1.

Via Gra were definitely huge, and then you had Vera Brezhneva and LOBODA become very successful solo acts, too.

On OldTRL I think we used to have artists/ideas that were up for grabs in the queue post, would that be worth bringing back do we think?

For example, if a bunch of people are like "We want a [insert artist] discography rate!" or something, but none of those people are able to host it.

Just in case someone who might want to host something but might not be sure what to host can see if there's an artist they love (or a theme they like, though I feel like this would mostly work with artist rates) that they'd be happy to take on.

Also might help keep track of who's overdue a discography rate or a do-over.

  • ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Are there any South American or African girl groups of note? Australia has Bardot, which... not of note! @Patrick

Of note to LOAP!

3 hours ago, Angelshark said:

Do we want 6 or 7 Björks

azealia

Does it matter when we all know Chara is taking it

IMG_9560.gif

20 hours ago, Pendulum said:

22. Grimes Discography Rate

Rate Host: Pendulum

Winner: "Oblivion" 

48. St Vincent Essentials Rate

Rate Host: Pendulum

Winner: "Strange Mercy"

Whitney Houston History GIF - Whitney Houston History Ahh - Discover &  Share GIFs

the GP is demanding another rate hosted by @Pendulum

tag me when you do

IMG_9560.gif

2015 Alternative Women rate could be fun:

Have You In My Wilderness vs Honeymoon vs Froot vs HBHBHB vs Art Angels vs Ten Love Songs

jonny5

2015 Alternative Women rate could be fun:

Have You In My Wilderness vs Honeymoon vs Froot vs HBHBHB vs Art Angels vs Ten Love Songs

jonny5

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.