Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Thoughts on Eldest Daughter by Taylor Swift?

Featured Replies

Is it her best track 5?

ryan5

Everybody's so punk on the internet
Everyone's unbothered 'til they're not
Every joke's just trolling and memes
Sad as it seems, apathy is hot
Everybody's cutthroat in the comments
Every single hot take is cold as ice
When you found me I said I was busy
That was a lie
I have been afflicted by a terminal uniqueness
I've been dying just from trying to seem cool

But I'm not a bad *****
And this isn't savage
But I'm never gonna let you down
I'm never gonna leave you out
So many traitors
Smooth operators
But I'm never gonna break that vow
I'm never gonna leave you now, now, now

You know the last time I laughed this hard was
On the trampoline in somebody's backyard
I must've been about 8 or 9
That was the night I fell off and broke my arm
Pretty soon I learned cautious discretion
When your first crush crushes something kind
When I said I don't believe in marriage
That was a lie
Every eldest daughter
Was the first lamb to the slaughter
So we all dressed up as wolves and we looked fire

But I'm not a bad *****, and this isn't savage
But I'm never gonna let you down
I'm never gonna leave you out
So many traitors, smooth operators
But I'm never gonna break that vow
I'm never gonna leave you now, now, now

We lie back
A beautiful, beautiful time lapse
Ferris wheels, kisses and lilacs
And things I said were dumb
'Cause I thought that I'd never find that beautiful, beautiful life that
Shimmers that innocent light back
Like when we were young

Every youngest child felt
They were raised up in the wild
But now you're home

'Cause I'm not a bad *****
And this isn't savage
And I'm never gonna let you down
I'm never gonna leave you out
So many traitors
Smooth operators
But I'm never gonna break that vow
I'm never gonna leave you now, now, now

Never gonna break that vow
Never gonna leave you now, now
I'm never gonna leave you now

Edited by GraceRandolph

I used to avoid it like a plague but now I could Tolerate It.m4a at least

by far her worst track 5... pathetic lyrics, I literally had to block it on AM so it won`t play when I listen the album (which is mostly sh*t too)

This is the real eldest daughter lyrics

The eldest daughter of a nobleman
Ophelia lived in fantasy
But love was a cold bed full of scorpions
The venom stole her sanity

And if you'd never come for me
I might've lingered in purgatory
You wrap around me like a chain, a crown, a vine
Pulling me into the fire

I really like it, especially since I love guitar driven songs, and is similar to Tate McRae's Stay Done & Post Malone's Landmine (two songs that I am currently obsessed with)

clap3

I prefer the original lyrics before she edited them out and made it worse -*

I find it hard to put how I feel into words because she should have never put any of these words down on paper to begin with.

I will give Taylor credit for her great songs when it is right. This one is down there with ME! as one of her worst songs ever.

Who's doing the next discography rate so we can see if it is above or below her best gems:

Me!

Girl at Home

Gorgeous

Robin

Sweet Nothing

I Forgot That You Existed

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Who's doing the next discography rate so we can see if it is above or below her best gems:

Me!

Girl at Home

Gorgeous

Robin

Sweet Nothing

I Forgot That You Existed

Waitttt did her fanbase finally accept that Gorgeous is horrible

This is her best song imo. I think it even surpassed closure. It's used in my passwords these days now, that is how much i love it.

Edited by AshleyLovescats887

Some of the lyrics are a bit cringe but the song is fine overall. The bridge melody is godly

But of course the Taylor haters are desperate for material and therefore have to act like anything slightly cringe that Taylor does is THE WORST SONG EVERRR, so it got a bad reputation

Every eldest ATRLer

Got the first error for the server

So we all dressed up as mods

And gave out bans

chick3

sosad

it's the perfect example for why i can't take her music seriously post-Midnights. although people say there are some hidden gems somewhere in TTPD apparently, i just never feel like sifting through the mid and the cringe to get to it ugh.

1 hour ago, TayDuaStan said:

I really like it, especially since I love guitar driven songs, and is similar to Tate McRae's Stay Done & Post Malone's Landmine (two songs that I am currently obsessed with)

clap3

Guitar? I get everybody takes something different from music but she practically went Looney Tunes & dropped the piano on our heads, that's how much of a piano ballad this song is, half the song is just piano and vocals

I don't like this song but I appreciate what she was going for with the subject matter & for that reason, I can respect that people connect with it. I think the GP will reappraise this album down the line & soften towards a lot of it (Honey is so slept on) but I don't see this being 1 of those songs that gets exonerated tho. It's just not exciting from a composition standpoint, change out all the lyrics & it still isn't giving

Potentially her worst song ever. I'm not even being hyperbolic… it's absolutely dreadful.

It feels like a parody song.

Edited by Peroxide

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.